Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2926 2927 [2928] 2929 2930 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3571303 times)

Mustard Elemental

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Diagnosis: RAGE Edition
« Reply #43905 on: September 29, 2014, 12:26:44 pm »

I know random chance is what it is but when i have a 72% chance of succeeding at something in fallen london and it fails FIVE CONSECUTIVE TIMES i feel i am within my rights to be slightly pissed.
The military is all gathered in one huge mass on top of the ramp to the mountaintop, where the entrance is. Apparently they spend their time taking potshots at owls, pushing babies off the ledge, and giggling.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #43906 on: September 29, 2014, 12:36:16 pm »

There is a 0.17210368% chance of that happening. The odds are pretty slim.

On the plus side, it's a 0.0481890304% chance it'll fail the next time you try!

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #43907 on: September 29, 2014, 01:13:45 pm »

The chance of it failing five times in a row is (28/100)5*100%, or 0.17210368%. Technically, yes it is still a 28% chance of failure, in much the same way as there is not necessarily anything wrong with a random number generator constantly outputting one.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #43908 on: September 29, 2014, 01:23:34 pm »

And there's the exact same chance of it going (success = 1, fail = 0); 1 1 0 0 1

:I
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #43909 on: September 29, 2014, 01:26:22 pm »

That's true, I didn't think of that. I should probably remember how to probablility.

Edit: yaay vindicated.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 01:36:57 pm by Arx »

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #43910 on: September 29, 2014, 01:26:47 pm »

And there's the exact same chance of it going (success = 1, fail = 0); 1 1 0 0 1

:I
No Descan, you mathed wrong again. Successes are more likely than fails.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #43911 on: September 29, 2014, 01:42:18 pm »

Jesus Christ I have the worst case of hiccups imaginable I can hardly breathe AAAAARRGHH
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #43912 on: September 29, 2014, 01:43:13 pm »

Jesus Christ I have the worst case of hiccups imaginable I can hardly breathe AAAAARRGHH
If it is really that bad, you should go seek medical help. Had to once, because it went for hours and just wouldn't stop.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43913 on: September 29, 2014, 03:34:52 pm »

The chance of it failing five times in a row is (28/100)5*100%, or 0.17210368%. Technically, yes it is still a 28% chance of failure, in much the same way as there is not necessarily anything wrong with a random number generator constantly outputting one.
...I'm not sure what you're getting at. Each time there's a 28% chance of it failing (Bar the game doing some fudging). It's just that the odds of it failing 5 times in a row is astronomically small.
Your chance to pass is still a 72%.  That's never changed.  However the fact that you failed 5 times in a row is pretty damned improbable.

Something that made me rage pretty recently is that Hyrule Warriors seemed destined to fail me on an adventure mode mission.  Bombchus are the devil.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #43914 on: September 29, 2014, 04:09:55 pm »

It'd hindsight. The chance of getting 5 in a row is pretty damn small, *looking back on it*. Going forward, each individual attempt has the same exact chance.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #43915 on: September 29, 2014, 05:35:02 pm »

A ten-page handout (required reading for the class BTW) is basically unreadable because it was scanned from the book improperly, cutting off the text on every other page. I've used a scanner/copier about twice in my life, and I could probably do a better job just on common sense and trial-and-error.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43916 on: September 29, 2014, 08:36:18 pm »

I have to share a charger with my brother.

My brother can be a dick.

Number one: He doesn't like it and takes every chance to complain, yet won't complain to mom or offer the 25-65 dollars to get a new one. I deal with it:

Number two: My computer takes longer to charge than his, or at least that's what it seems like. Therefore, complaining that mine takes so long to charge when I'm at 60% when he's at 40% ish is the perfect idea. It's not like his computer will die.

Number three: He thinks the way I have my computer set up(goes to sleep mode after an hour with the lid shut) is stupid. He says this is why my computer doesn't charge as fast or that is why my charger died, therefore, despite me looking info that it's better to leave a laptop on with a chord then on battery, he's right, I'm wrong and won't change to such ideas.

I'd scrape up the money to buy one, but since I can't drive, even if I had the money, it'd get pushed back because obviously, there are better things to do then worry about a laptop's power chord.

Of course, the fact this computer I got gifted on Christmas is 'mine' it's not really mine, but now I'm just venting about stuff for another day.

Fucking hell ::)

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #43917 on: September 30, 2014, 12:28:54 pm »

Mom seems to think that the only reason I get any homework done is because she asks me if I have homework every time I get home from school. If I say yes, we have an extremely repetitive and unnecessary mini-conversation where she asks me what subjects I have work for, and what I need to do, as if that matters enough for her to ask every single day.

I also still can't fall asleep until I lay in bed for 2~3 hours, because I don't fucking know. I also can't get any sort of help from Mom about this, because when I do she assumes it's because I didn't get something done at school, and if I didn't get something done at school the solution is to start yelling at me and telling me nobody's ever going to want to hire me because I'm so terribly lazy. And then she does nothing to fix the problem. Except that one time she threw away what would be the last 3 drawings I'd make, apparently she thought that would help.

I can't even name one thing that hasn't become stressful. Even this forum has been stressing me out. Somebody please kill me.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #43918 on: September 30, 2014, 12:50:17 pm »

You're never going to fix the inability to sleep fast, I have that too, and by all accounts it is inherent.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43919 on: September 30, 2014, 12:50:27 pm »

Mom seems to think that the only reason I get any homework done is because she asks me if I have homework every time I get home from school. If I say yes, we have an extremely repetitive and unnecessary mini-conversation where she asks me what subjects I have work for, and what I need to do, as if that matters enough for her to ask every single day.

I also still can't fall asleep until I lay in bed for 2~3 hours, because I don't fucking know. I also can't get any sort of help from Mom about this, because when I do she assumes it's because I didn't get something done at school, and if I didn't get something done at school the solution is to start yelling at me and telling me nobody's ever going to want to hire me because I'm so terribly lazy. And then she does nothing to fix the problem. Except that one time she threw away what would be the last 3 drawings I'd make, apparently she thought that would help.

I can't even name one thing that hasn't become stressful. Even this forum has been stressing me out. Somebody please kill me.

Ahhh I see what is going on here.

It is because she is training you to stress out and to second guess yourself.
Pages: 1 ... 2926 2927 [2928] 2929 2930 ... 3345