Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 30

Author Topic: Neo Dreams: Chronicles of Avarsiin. Pseudo Devlog.  (Read 58731 times)

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
Re: Pen & Paper RPG. Pseudo Devlog.
« Reply #315 on: August 24, 2013, 03:38:17 am »

Sounds like a sweet system. Keep up the good work :D
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: August 24, 2013, 09:20:22 pm »

Thanks. I wound up finishing 50 of the enemies, but still have 150 to go, plus 100 animals, because they all have the same stats. I can do this, I swear.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #317 on: August 27, 2013, 11:20:19 am »

I used to play around with game design a lot, i'll try to read through this at some point.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: August 27, 2013, 03:32:08 pm »

I just can't keep second guessing myself. Been working on this monster for a little over a decade now, and I just want to make sure I'm not wasting time.

Let me ask you... what would happen if you suddenly stopped, gave up and never wrote a single other word into this book?

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: August 27, 2013, 09:48:32 pm »

I just can't keep second guessing myself. Been working on this monster for a little over a decade now, and I just want to make sure I'm not wasting time.

Let me ask you... what would happen if you suddenly stopped, gave up and never wrote a single other word into this book?
I'd disappoint a few friends for a few weeks or so, some people on the internet for a couple of minutes, and myself for probably about a year solid. Otherwise? Nothing. It's not like the universe at large cares about my game. It's not going to cure cancer. It's a game. Why do you ask?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: August 27, 2013, 11:07:09 pm »

I think he was getting at something about how long you've been working on it.  Like suggesting that maybe you should take a step back and evaluate the state of the thing right now and how much it really needs the work you're continuing to put into it.  Strictly an attempt at translation here.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: August 27, 2013, 11:50:39 pm »

If anything you should just feel good for sticking to a project at all over time and continuing to devote yourself to it, even in little bits.  Lord knows how many projects I've given up on, some nearly as old as yours.  The fact that you have anything at all to show for a passion, even a minor one, is something to be glad for.

Do let us all know when you feel like testing it.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: August 28, 2013, 12:01:03 am »

Will do. For now, it's just a hobby of mine that I can devote time to now and again. At this point, it's nothing more than what people get out of building birdhouses or boats or whatever. I don't really expect it to ever be really finished, or get rich off of it, or whatever.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: August 28, 2013, 04:12:49 am »

I'd disappoint a few friends for a few weeks or so, some people on the internet for a couple of minutes, and myself for probably about a year solid. Otherwise? Nothing. It's not like the universe at large cares about my game. It's not going to cure cancer. It's a game. Why do you ask?

Nothing, just that it should answer your question for the most part.

It wouldn't be a true relief

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: October 17, 2013, 12:14:09 pm »

Finished up a couple enemy combatants. Still extremely overwhelmed whenever I look at what I have to do left. Bluh.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: October 17, 2013, 05:56:14 pm »

Finished up a couple enemy combatants. Still extremely overwhelmed whenever I look at what I have to do left. Bluh.

No reason to be overwhelmed when you don't have a deadline.  Just make sure you continue doing work on it when you can, and it will happen.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: October 18, 2013, 09:02:56 am »

Put together another handful of enemies. Hopefully this is a pattern.

Also, thanks, SalmonGod, it's good to have perspective on things sometimes. I have to remember that I'm doing this for me, not anyone else.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #327 on: October 19, 2013, 11:12:48 pm »

rawr

ptw

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

gigaraptor487

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Lunatic now civilised
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: December 15, 2013, 08:45:41 am »

How is it going?
Hehe, you thought there would be an interesting sig here

I now run a program which brings old multiplayer games back to life : click

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: December 15, 2013, 09:24:58 am »

Very slow. I work retail, and the holidays are nuts. After the holidays will be the perfect time for me to jump back on the creativity train. I'll probably work on it a little on Wednesday, because I'll be home alone, and for some reason, writing with people around makes me nervous. On top of that, I've been stuffing my face full of Starbound, so that hasn't helped.

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 30