Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 215 216 [217] 218 219 ... 342

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress: The Development Page  (Read 1573190 times)

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress: The Development Page
« Reply #3240 on: January 30, 2011, 12:01:50 pm »

Is there going to be labors in adventurer mode?That would be very interesting.

This is planned for the adventurer skills arc
*Hugs*

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #3241 on: January 30, 2011, 12:49:16 pm »

Is there going to be labors in adventurer mode?That would be very interesting.

This is planned for the adventurer skills arc
ya beat me to it.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3242 on: January 30, 2011, 02:25:45 pm »

Nice to see you again, too.

I am trying to limit myself to only three questions at most per session out of politeness, but if politeness is not reciprocated, then what is the point?

Also, I can assure you I am using the suggestions forum for what are real suggestions.

Sorry for being rash, but this kind of elaborate question really doesn't fit here. Toady didn't answer this thread for more than a month maybe because questions like yours. We did discuss this point here many times. Think of a simple rule - if you have to elaborate too much to ask a question it is not a question for this thread. Try the DF Talk thread instead.

NSQuote

• Bay Watcher
  • used Confusion!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3243 on: January 30, 2011, 02:30:10 pm »

Although I've already submitted a bee-rage (bee-rahhhhg) of questions, I'm a bit curious about the planned bug fixing push.

Which bugs have your highest priority? The Dungeon Master? The bone artifact bug? It'd be nice to know which ones are more likely to receive treatment first.

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3244 on: January 30, 2011, 03:38:38 pm »

Sorry for being rash, but this kind of elaborate question really doesn't fit here. Toady didn't answer this thread for more than a month maybe because questions like yours. We did discuss this point here many times. Think of a simple rule - if you have to elaborate too much to ask a question it is not a question for this thread. Try the DF Talk thread instead.

Well, I sort of asked one question and thought of another one to ask just after I had typed it.  Such a thing should count against a three question limit, I suppose...

Still, if Toady doesn't really say something makes him more or less encouraged to do something, then that could be nothing but speculation.  Besides, he's already said that he would only answer two or three questions from any given person per session (and followed through).  I take that as a "restrict the number of questions" request, but not that it actually makes him less willing to answer questions in total.
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

NSQuote

• Bay Watcher
  • used Confusion!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3245 on: January 30, 2011, 10:14:01 pm »

I love that plan of mini-releases with bug fixes in between. Love it love it love it.

Can't wait to see taverns and inns, as well as the new mounted combat system. <3

Mel_Vixen

• Bay Watcher
  • Hobby: accidently thread derailment
    • View Profile
« Reply #3246 on: January 30, 2011, 10:18:28 pm »

The short term goals of which the saintly three toe speaks are found here. And heck i love them!

Especially 3d veins and the farmer shedules. I wonder if toady will use a priority system like many of the bigger rpgs like gothic.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2011, 10:22:38 pm by Heph »
[sarcasm] You know what? I love grammar Nazis! They give me that warm and fuzzy feeling. I am so ashamed of my bad english and that my first language is German. [/sarcasm]

Proud to be a Furry.

RedWick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3247 on: January 30, 2011, 10:36:43 pm »

It sounds like Toady is going to try to get back to the sort of release schedule he had two years ago when there'd be a new release every 4-7 days or so.

I personally am looking forward to the Dwarf Mode inn thing.  That should add some interesting dynamics to fortress mode!

NSQuote

• Bay Watcher
  • used Confusion!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3248 on: January 30, 2011, 10:40:23 pm »

Wth Taverns come the hope that granite mugs will finally have a use. <3

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3249 on: January 30, 2011, 11:16:56 pm »

The new release schedule is glorious. I can't wait to see each of these things as they come in. The fact that the town map rewrite is FIRST is probably the best.

drvoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3250 on: January 31, 2011, 12:43:51 am »

... Dwarf Mode Inns?  I hope this means what I think it means.  (Hosting merchants/travelers at an inn in the fort that I design and designate.. complete with magma-wash room cleaning service.)
Ambassador magma patiently awaits his meeting with your nobles.

Mel_Vixen

• Bay Watcher
  • Hobby: accidently thread derailment
    • View Profile
« Reply #3251 on: January 31, 2011, 01:04:43 am »

aint no medieval inn without wenches an maids
[sarcasm] You know what? I love grammar Nazis! They give me that warm and fuzzy feeling. I am so ashamed of my bad english and that my first language is German. [/sarcasm]

Proud to be a Furry.

Knigel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3252 on: January 31, 2011, 01:05:58 am »

Sounds great, but what does "Combat move/speed split" mean?

Also, I'm assuming "Adventure mode pack mules" just means letting your livestock carry stuff.

Rockphed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3253 on: January 31, 2011, 01:11:44 am »

It means that being able to run fast won't always translate into being able to get multiple hits in before your opponent can react.  It will allow things like cheetahs that can move really fast to attack at the same speed as lions, which can't move nearly as fast.  Or it will allow for a golem to be a plodding things that anyone could out run, but can make 10 attacks for any one you make against it.
Only vaguely. Made of the same substance and put to the same use, but a bit like comparing a castle and a doublewide trailer.

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3254 on: January 31, 2011, 01:13:07 am »

In the current state of the game, how fast you can perform any action -- move, work, stab, etc. -- is determined by your speed (which is determined by a number of things like your agility, how much you're carrying, any kind of status like hunger/crouching/nausea, etc.). Apparently when that release comes around how fast you can move and how fast you can attack won't be directly related.

EDIT: obligatory remark that I have been ninjad
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.
Pages: 1 ... 215 216 [217] 218 219 ... 342