Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 276 277 [278] 279 280 ... 342

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress: The Development Page  (Read 1572098 times)

Ethicalfive

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress: The Development Page
« Reply #4155 on: March 26, 2011, 09:16:45 am »

Theres also this speed tweek - "Some more quick speed tweaks (assorted, but not much: bucket save from 27/28FPS -> 31/32FPS)"
Urist McMiner Unearths a strange pad. He trembles as he inspects it's time saving features. Knowing no 1 dwarf must posess this power, he quietly drops it into the nearest chasm and never speaks of it again.DwarfPad

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4156 on: March 26, 2011, 09:28:40 am »

So my save with the bucket helped fix more than just the bucket bug?  Yay! I'm useful!

...but that also means that I have a better computer than Toady since I was getting 50 FPS....time to donate!
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #4157 on: March 26, 2011, 09:32:05 am »

lol
this is GREAT i wish I could help program ;(
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4158 on: March 26, 2011, 10:09:21 am »

New release is great.

Now that we have bamboo, will we ever be able to chop it down and make bamboo crafts? Currently it is only a grass, which is technically correct, but...

Ethicalfive

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4159 on: March 26, 2011, 10:32:13 am »

New release is great.

Now that we have bamboo, will we ever be able to chop it down and make bamboo crafts? Currently it is only a grass, which is technically correct, but...

That would be cool.. I can imagine bamboo walls, or scafholding! Maybe collected bamboo for crafts and building materials could come in with the hay collecting that may go in later for animal feed. Also, thinking about it more. It'd be sweet to take different grass seeds with you and get a dwarf to go around throwing out handfuls of them to grow specific grasses on your embark.
Urist McMiner Unearths a strange pad. He trembles as he inspects it's time saving features. Knowing no 1 dwarf must posess this power, he quietly drops it into the nearest chasm and never speaks of it again.DwarfPad

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #4160 on: March 26, 2011, 01:09:22 pm »

I bet you that kind of functionality makes it in along with straw, since that kind of code will involve turning grass into a usable item. Which should be right around the corner, right?

Areyar

• Bay Watcher
  • Ecstatic about recieving his own E:4 mug recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #4161 on: March 26, 2011, 02:00:26 pm »

Say, I was thinking of the future multitile trees. Will this mean multiple types of wood from variaous 'tissues' as well?
For instance high quality log, fit for working into anything (or the planks IIRC you mentioned once). and branches/roots (low quality wood/debris), perfect for coalburning, building fences or stuff requiring small bits of wood (bolts, beads etc?).

Will there eventually be creeper vines as well?

So next will be the dwarven inn?
I guess this will require the fort to have a supply of coinage?
I'm also guessing that many new shops and such will be freeform area+furniture based, like the hospital and barracks.
Would an inn require a coffin for this coinage. (You suggested a counter in T12 IIRC, I think a table would suffice here.)
In my own attempt at a surface inn (40d) I'd a line of tables for the counter/bar.
does exchange of money require characters to be next to eachother? traded items are just dropped by an adventurer...it would be cool if money would be put on the table, taken by the barman and replaced by a mug of Sunshine. instead of dropping the coinage on the floor and having to go over to the barrel of sunshine and uppending it over one's head...oh well, you get the service you deserve, I guess. ;)
« Last Edit: March 26, 2011, 02:02:31 pm by Areyar »
My images bucket for WIPs and such: link

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4162 on: March 26, 2011, 02:15:50 pm »

So next will be the dwarven inn?

Nope.

http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/dev.html

So next is more stuff in towns, then a bugfix release or two, then stuff for villagers and farmers to do, then bugfix, then "taverns, hirelings, and manors," which probably refers to just taverns in towns, then bugfix, THEN inns in dwarf mode and adventure mode.

It'll be a little while.
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

Areyar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4163 on: March 26, 2011, 02:52:27 pm »

Apologies, I listened to the talk (#12), but at a very late hour and while lying in bed ... I dozed off several times.

Nothing happened, really ! ;)

All those earlier things are very cool as well.
And at the rate Tarn is going recently... (no presure, no pressure at all. hahaha)

Symmetry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4164 on: March 26, 2011, 03:39:12 pm »

I've gone from ~40 fps to ~50 fps.  Nice version, A+++ would buy again :)

Chainlinc3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4165 on: March 26, 2011, 10:59:43 pm »

I'm pretty sure that the answer to this is elsewhere, but I've looked around for ten-ish minutes and haven't found an answer, so, figured I might as well ask.

Do we have any word on when the fortress economy will make a reappearance?  Or at least a projected portion of the development that will contain it?  Because I just met the previous requirements, then was all "where's mah economy?" and the wiki said it was removed but wasn't entirely clear on it.  So yeah.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #4166 on: March 26, 2011, 11:35:46 pm »

I'm pretty sure that the answer to this is elsewhere, but I've looked around for ten-ish minutes and haven't found an answer, so, figured I might as well ask.

Do we have any word on when the fortress economy will make a reappearance?  Or at least a projected portion of the development that will contain it?  Because I just met the previous requirements, then was all "where's mah economy?" and the wiki said it was removed but wasn't entirely clear on it.  So yeah.

From the current development cycle, Release 6 is "Dwarf mode trading improvements incorporating all the world gen/supply/demand/merchant info etc." which is probably when microeconomics will come back into play. Just a guess though.

Areyar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4167 on: March 27, 2011, 05:25:50 am »

it seems world gen is faster, but that may just be because I did a default gen and usually choose to go for maximum size.
I just like to observe how the world develops. :)

edit:
aw wrong thread. this is about the 31.23 version.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4168 on: March 27, 2011, 08:48:45 am »

When will sand get the same treatment as clay? (finder option, shown on embark screen)

That's really my only major complaint with 31.19+: not being able to guarantee sand on my embark unless I embark in a sand desert (which guarantees no clay).
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
  • Next account: Bulwersator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4169 on: March 27, 2011, 09:01:17 am »

it seems world gen is faster, but that may just be because I did a default gen and usually choose to go for maximum size.
I just like to observe how the world develops. :)
But larger map in worldgen would be great...
The worst bug - 34.11 poll
Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod
Kogut, the Bugfixes apostle of Bay12forum. Every posts he makes he preaches about the evil of Bugs.
Pages: 1 ... 276 277 [278] 279 280 ... 342