Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 317 318 [319] 320 321 ... 342

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress: The Development Page  (Read 1572140 times)

hermes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress: The Development Page
« Reply #4770 on: April 30, 2011, 10:41:47 am »

Heh, don't worry, it's cool if you ask old questions.  Either someone (a.k.a. Footkerchief) can jump in with the answer if it has already been provided, or Toady will group it with similar questions when he gets round to answering here. 

I like your road material question...  When you think about it, just roads in themselves are rather complex; you could change roads based on available resources, skill of local craftsmen, frequency of use, type of traffic, district of the city etc...  I wouldn't expect them to be so fancy just yet, but let's ask anyway...

Will road (and other civil construction) materials vary with local/economic availability and/or class/economic districts within urban areas?
We can only guess at the longing of the creator. Someone who would need to create one such as you. - A Computer
I've been working on this type of thing...

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4771 on: April 30, 2011, 10:54:42 am »

Hang in there Toady One! You can be such a trooper sometimes.

Mel_Vixen

• Bay Watcher
  • Hobby: accidently thread derailment
    • View Profile
« Reply #4772 on: April 30, 2011, 02:27:07 pm »

Hang in there Toady One! You can be such a trooper sometimes.

Did i miss something?

Anyway Neonivek is right, hang in there and solutions for all problems will come. Hehe and take a day or two of after the release nobody would mind.
[sarcasm] You know what? I love grammar Nazis! They give me that warm and fuzzy feeling. I am so ashamed of my bad english and that my first language is German. [/sarcasm]

Proud to be a Furry.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4773 on: April 30, 2011, 06:57:54 pm »

Man! If .32.01 or whatever came out in 3 days iit would be the best birthday present ever. I doubt it will, but you know... wishful thinking.

I still don't think the cities look stupid at all. I remember one of my first experiences with RPGs was Final Fantasy I (or one of the remakes of it, I don't remember). I remember first leaving the starting castle at Corneria and seeing the city was just sort of built around it and being like "Wow! How cool!" Then when I saw these even more cool preliminary city maps my little kid came back for a moment. Then my programmer side pushed him off a cliff and started sitting there amazed with how the cities could be 17x17 and procedurally generated.

Urist McDepravity

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4774 on: May 01, 2011, 05:28:38 am »

These catacombs and severs are fskin' impressive.
Although ASCII here fails to make them creepy and, um, 'ancient'. I don't think monsters alone would help with atmosphere.

magmaholic

• Bay Watcher
  • "Hello again"- canadian stalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4775 on: May 01, 2011, 05:30:42 am »

err..
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
CITIES,SEWERS,CATACOMBS AND DUNGEONS?
WOO!
I am a Goober.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #4776 on: May 01, 2011, 05:48:27 am »

Holy nonexistent material!

Yep, I think those undercities will be great adventuring locations. I do guess they'll get "decorations" depending on their use and inhabitants. Moss, statues, engravings, doors, I'm pretty sure those will be in the actual sewers etc. since we don't see any grates in those two sewers, and we know some sewers will have grates.

Actual werewolves and their like, too? Does that mean Toady thinks he has found a good way to solve the transformation problems he mentioned?
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4777 on: May 01, 2011, 05:51:26 am »

Umm, not to be smart-ass know-it-all, but moss needs sunlight. It is a plant, after all.

BishopX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4778 on: May 01, 2011, 06:08:11 am »

Umm, not to be smart-ass know-it-all, but moss needs sunlight. It is a plant, after all.

This is DF, it's probably methane powered moss.

Serrational

• Bay Watcher
  • Gentlemen prefer magma.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4779 on: May 01, 2011, 06:08:31 am »

Hooooly crap.
If the actual catacombs look like that, then I like this coming update.
I LOVE IT.
I figured the guy was a goner too when a noseless bat from hell flew right over the fortifications and attacked.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4780 on: May 01, 2011, 06:13:15 am »

This is DF, it's probably methane powered moss.
Heh. Then it wouldn't be a plant.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #4781 on: May 01, 2011, 06:29:23 am »

Those are big! And winding! I'm looking forward to get lost in there while being chased by [powerful beings only awakened when their vast crypts are disturbed] already!
Love, scriver~

Asmageddon

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: anime anime anime anime anime]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4782 on: May 01, 2011, 06:40:52 am »

Rivers with walls and floors look lame, also, corridors should be longer. Besides that it looks a bit too bright and not regular enough.
I don't need a signature.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4783 on: May 01, 2011, 06:47:08 am »

Rivers with walls and floors look lame, also, corridors should be longer. Besides that it looks a bit too bright and not regular enough.

Those 'rivers with walls and floors' are sewer channels. Y'know because of them being in sewers and all that jazz.

Asmageddon

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: anime anime anime anime anime]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4784 on: May 01, 2011, 07:13:18 am »

Those 'rivers with walls and floors' are sewer channels. Y'know because of them being in sewers and all that jazz.

I'd rather imagine sewers as more regular and with moss-covered walls and floors(not to mention that nobody would make them out of some kind of white stone...).
And they are shaped in an absolutely useless way...
I don't need a signature.
Pages: 1 ... 317 318 [319] 320 321 ... 342