Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: 31.10 succession  (Read 7017 times)

andfhe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
31.10 succession
« on: July 18, 2010, 11:19:03 pm »

I been thinking about starting up a succession game, so here goes:
The fortress will start in year one, and magma on the map will be mandatory. (can't have a fortress without magma)

If you want to sign up, just say something, also if you want to be dwarfed, just say what profession and gender you want (or other requests for your dwarf, if applicable.)

If you do join, don't purposely fail, and write your posts as if you were actually at the fort leading it.

Also, just say where you want the embark site to be (if you have a preference), and if you want any other ridiculous rules to increase fun (losing) just say.

Anyone who takes part with this will have one year(in game) and one week(out of game) to play.

Roster:
First: Andfhe
Second: Magick
Third: Existent
Fourth:Lafiel
Fifth:RabidRabbit
Sixth:EvilGenius21
« Last Edit: July 19, 2010, 11:03:53 am by andfhe »
Well if you remove the [MULTIPLE_LITTER_RARE] tag from dwarves I think they have like 2-4 children each time they give birth. And if you get enough mothers up on the pillars you can probably get a good waterfall going.

Magick

• Bay Watcher
  • [HATES_LEARN] [MAGICAL]
    • View Profile
Re: 31.10 succession
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2010, 11:25:15 pm »

Not trying to be rude or anything, but...
Also, My posts may be a few days delayed, As of now I'm signed up for three succession games.

Either way, if you decide to continue this, i'll take a dwarf. Using the same guy in my other thread.

Arzun
Male
Engraver/Building designer
"Alright, I'll trade you these mugs, and you'll give me those -Oh. Here. Just take this. WAIT. I DID NOT MEAN TO GIVE YOU THOSE."
http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/9079/1278257725299.jpg

existent

• Bay Watcher
  • I Watch Bays
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2010, 11:28:33 pm »

I'd be willing to take part.
[DF 0.31.13]  ۝ War of the Ring Mod ۝  [WotR 0.13.3]

War of the Ring is back baby!
A mod based on Lord of the Rings, by JRR Tolkien.

andfhe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2010, 11:29:40 pm »

Not trying to be rude or anything, but...
Also, My posts may be a few days delayed, As of now I'm signed up for three succession games.

Either way, if you decide to continue this, i'll take a dwarf. Using the same guy in my other thread.

Arzun
Male
Engraver/Building designer

I am now determined to finish all my succession games! I refuse to fall behind even one day! Armok be my witness, I will finish!
Well if you remove the [MULTIPLE_LITTER_RARE] tag from dwarves I think they have like 2-4 children each time they give birth. And if you get enough mothers up on the pillars you can probably get a good waterfall going.

andfhe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2010, 11:30:06 pm »

I'll sign you both up though.

Seems I messed up on world generation. Looks like year 40 instead of 1. Oh well. Imma go with that anyway.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2010, 11:38:55 pm by andfhe »

andfhe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2010, 11:44:59 pm »

I seem to have generated a magma-less map!
This will be the embark site, since no one has requested a location Scratch that, I realized I'm no good with screen shots and uploading them. So how do I take one, and how do I upload one?(I've already found a site.)

existent

• Bay Watcher
  • I Watch Bays
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2010, 11:48:54 pm »

I seem to have generated a magma-less map!
This will be the embark site, since no one has requested a location Scratch that, I realized I'm no good with screen shots and uploading them. So how do I take one, and how do I upload one?(I've already found a site.)

Hit "Prt Sc" on your keyboard, go into MSPaint (photoshop, whatever) hit "Ctrl + v" and save it, upload the pic, and then link it in.

Edit: Also, I'd like a woodcutter/carpenter, named Existent, male if possible.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2010, 11:52:00 pm by existent »

Magick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2010, 11:51:50 pm »

Hit "Prt Sc" on your keyboard, go into MSPaint (photoshop, whatever) hit "Ctrl + v" and save it, upload the pic, and then link it in.
Protip: alt-prt sc only captures the window you are currently using. It's much better.
"Alright, I'll trade you these mugs, and you'll give me those -Oh. Here. Just take this. WAIT. I DID NOT MEAN TO GIVE YOU THOSE."

existent

• Bay Watcher
  • I Watch Bays
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2010, 11:53:36 pm »

Protip: alt-prt sc only captures the window you are currently using. It's much better.
I crop out the important stuff anyway, so it doesn't matter to me, but I didn't think to mention that.

What version of DF are we using? (Saves trouble later to ask now.)

andfhe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2010, 12:01:35 am »

I crop out the important stuff anyway, so it doesn't matter to me, but I didn't think to mention that.

What version of DF are we using? (Saves trouble later to ask now.)
EDIT: thanks, took like ten minutes to figure it out, but I finally opened it in photoshop! then photoshop froze...
« Last Edit: July 19, 2010, 12:15:03 am by andfhe »

andfhe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2010, 12:43:03 am »

I finally got it! This is the embark site
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Edit: no, I didn't. I only figured out how to make it a download...http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=2732
« Last Edit: July 19, 2010, 12:47:00 am by andfhe »

Magick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2010, 12:45:39 am »

Hey, just a thought, but .PNG is better for pixel stuff. Like dwarf fortress.

Edit:Oh, and a nice place too. I already have thoughts about how to get through the aquifers if you guys don't figure it out.

andfhe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2010, 12:50:41 am »

Edit:Oh, and a nice place too. I already have thoughts about how to get through the aquifers if you guys don't figure it out.

Actually, there is no aquifer under the glacier. Thanks for the tip though.

Magick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2010, 12:53:01 am »

There's two layers of aquifer beneath the grassy plain. And probably under the glacier as well.

existent

• Bay Watcher
  • I Watch Bays
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2010, 12:54:04 am »

Actually, there is no aquifer under the glacier. Thanks for the tip though.

Go to tinypic.com (it doesn't matter what uploader you use, this is just for tutorial's sake). Upload the pic. The link you want is "Direct Link For Layouts". Put that in the url/spoiler tags, and you're good to go.

Edit: Oh me, oh my. I've never embarked on an aquifer before. If we go there (which is fine) somebody else either needs to break through it first, or tell me how. I'm sure it'll end badly for me either way.... I'm flooding something, somehow.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6