Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Advanture mode is getting a little... repetitive.  (Read 3616 times)

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
Re: Advanture mode is getting a little... repetitive.
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2010, 07:29:29 pm »

Yeah, but cliffs can be too much fun sometimes.... Like iffen you have another flying creature to the other side of you and he attacks and....
You get the point.

Oh damn, I just realized you could use that for an epic spike with a flying adventurer (if your opponent is flying, at any rate.)
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2010, 07:46:36 pm »

Yeah, but cliffs can be too much fun sometimes.... Like iffen you have another flying creature to the other side of you and he attacks and....
You get the point.

Oh damn, I just realized you could use that for an epic spike with a flying adventurer (if your opponent is flying, at any rate.)
that's exactly what I do! :D it's especially productive on giant eagles.

Biag

• Bay Watcher
  • Huzzah!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2010, 08:55:21 pm »

I think I'm going to mod in a player-only race of tricky lobster people and use them to destroy the world, one adventurer at the time.

The spinning +humiliation montage+ strikes The Shopkeeper in the head!
The Shopkeeper has become enraged!
The Robster has been struck down.

darkedone02

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2010, 08:51:23 pm »

When I was playing around with Advanture mode, I see it very lacking. For example, almost every town looks the same, you hardly see any of the workshops like the one in DF mod. You see the same setup of villages feasting/ruler room. The houses look the same in every angle you take, it's getting quite repetitive when you see that in most villages. Not to mention that everytime I go to a mountain home, it's totally empty and overused of stairs with no other stuff inside it... no chairs, no tables, nothing.

I grown bored off of DF Mode because I'm tired of rebuilding my fort every new version. I'm also tired of playing around in advanture mode due to repetitive. Does anybody feel the same way that I do in this game? It need's a big overhaul for advanture mode... something that changes thing's and make it look unique and interesting, then the repetitiveness of towns and mountain homes.
have you tried doing a mega project? better yet a adventure based megaproject where you build a fort to home your adventurer for some silly goal based around him. like make a adventurer known to many for their talents, or sell enough crafts made by him, or get him laid(my currently so far.).
at least then it won't feel like your just building some fort or killing stuff.

as far as I know, I thought mega project can only be do-able in DF mode, I don't think you can do so in adventure mode...

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2010, 01:41:58 am »

When I was playing around with Advanture mode, I see it very lacking. For example, almost every town looks the same, you hardly see any of the workshops like the one in DF mod. You see the same setup of villages feasting/ruler room. The houses look the same in every angle you take, it's getting quite repetitive when you see that in most villages. Not to mention that everytime I go to a mountain home, it's totally empty and overused of stairs with no other stuff inside it... no chairs, no tables, nothing.

I grown bored off of DF Mode because I'm tired of rebuilding my fort every new version. I'm also tired of playing around in advanture mode due to repetitive. Does anybody feel the same way that I do in this game? It need's a big overhaul for advanture mode... something that changes thing's and make it look unique and interesting, then the repetitiveness of towns and mountain homes.
have you tried doing a mega project? better yet a adventure based megaproject where you build a fort to home your adventurer for some silly goal based around him. like make a adventurer known to many for their talents, or sell enough crafts made by him, or get him laid(my currently so far.).
at least then it won't feel like your just building some fort or killing stuff.

as far as I know, I thought mega project can only be do-able in DF mode, I don't think you can do so in adventure mode...
well it depends on the project really.
if your trying to build a tower then yes 'DF' mode  would be easier than traveling into a permanent frozen ocean and try to melt the ice with burning rocks in a indestructible bag.

yet the stuff I suggested like getting laid can be "only" done in 'DF' mode but still deals with the adventurer as a being but might take you out side adventure mode for a while(after you succeed in your goal abandon* and un-retire the character).
like you I got bored of running around and killing stuff and ask myself "Is not there more to this game that toady hidden from us, or are we suppose to just wipe out life and kill folks and build forts?"

*abandoning in certain goals like having kids might lead to the baby to having separate parent syndrome and kill themselves.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes
Pages: 1 [2]