Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 80

Author Topic: [0.44.12+] Fortress Defense Mod II R v21: Progress Trigger and Bug Fixes!  (Read 310968 times)

Aidan Pryde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [0.31.18] Fortress Defense Mod II v4: Enemies May Evaporate Upon Death
« Reply #255 on: February 04, 2011, 09:30:41 pm »

Hello,

I'm sorry I just had question related to the Fortress Defense Mod.  I've been using and it's a great mod, thank you very much!  I've been messing with the raws lately to make all the enemies butcherable except the Nightwings and other more challenging ones.  Anyway, I edited the ethics to allow eating and making totems out of sapient creatures, however my dwarves still won't butcher for example the frogmen.

To fix this I tried removing the [CAN_LEARN] token from them.  That seemed to make it work just fine.  However, before I do that to continue with the game, I wanted to make sure that somebody didn't know of any problems that might crop up like an inability to lay siege or something.  Thank you for your help!

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: February 04, 2011, 11:32:23 pm »

When you remove [CAN_LEARN] from a species, the species is prevented from gaining levels in skills like, for example, Fighting, Engraving, Dodging, etc. So if you remove [CAN_LEARN] from Fortress Defense enemies, you will never fight legendary enemies, and every grunt you kill will be the equivalent of a fresh recruit.

Changing the ethics for your dwarven civilization would have also circumvented the problem of dwarves refusing to eat sentient creatures. The problem is that ethics changes only apply when a new world is created. Once a civilizations ethics have been set for a generated world, further changes to their ethics will not actually alter their in-game behavior. So, if you generate a new world with the changes to ethics you implemented, your new dwarves will be happy to eat frogmen and other sentient beings.
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

Aidan Pryde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: February 05, 2011, 01:16:50 am »

Hmm, that's what I thought.

Thank you for the information!

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: February 07, 2011, 02:03:23 am »

is it intentional for some races to have pet tags?
Intensifying Mod v0.23 for 0.31.25. Paper tigers are white.
Prepacked Dwarf Fortress with Intensifying mod v.0.23, Phoebus graphics set, DFhack, Dwarf Therapist, Runesmith and a specialized custom worldgen param.

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: February 07, 2011, 10:16:01 am »

is it intentional for some races to have pet tags?

I was kinda hoping tigermen might be tamable with them, but the tags don't actually seem to do anything.

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: February 16, 2011, 02:02:39 pm »

I've done a preliminary evaluation of the changes in the new version of DF, and I think the only changes I will need to make to this mod are to give    [NO_DRINK][NO_EAT] to all of the creatures in the mod.

However, I would be wary of playing the current version of DF due to such bugs as kobold mass extinction due to starving to death in less than a decade of world gen.

I will also make these updates to the Intensifying Mod files. Of course, anyone is free to add the tags to the creatures him or herself without needing to download a new version.

Edit: new files uploaded. The Fortress Defense Version linked from the Intensifying Mod has also been updated for the new version.

All Fortress Defense files are back-compatible with 0.31.18
« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 03:39:40 pm by darkflagrance »

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
Re: [0.31.19] Fortress Defense Mod II v5: Nightwings consume fear, not food!
« Reply #261 on: February 17, 2011, 08:48:33 am »

Just found a tigermen civ named The Brilliant Slaughter.  On the other side of the world is a human civ named The Nation of Hugs.  Freaking amazing  :D
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: February 21, 2011, 12:58:28 am »

i was attacked by tigermen after the first year. due to my walls i was safe, until i tried lowering the bridge to lure them to my traps. what followed was a massacre.
fortunately 3 of my people survived, 1 of them was berserk. the poor tigermen bastards.

the berserk one survived, killed the remaining tigermen in the process and then drowned.

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: February 21, 2011, 01:18:41 am »

if i'm not mistaken even berserk people follow civilian burrow alerts so you probably could have hung onto him until the next immigrant wave.
Intensifying Mod v0.23 for 0.31.25. Paper tigers are white.
Prepacked Dwarf Fortress with Intensifying mod v.0.23, Phoebus graphics set, DFhack, Dwarf Therapist, Runesmith and a specialized custom worldgen param.

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: February 21, 2011, 01:47:03 am »

I don't think berserkers are suicidal either - he might have died due to dodging an attack into the wrong tile.

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: February 22, 2011, 03:17:55 am »

I don't think berserkers are suicidal either - he might have died due to dodging an attack into the wrong tile.
yes, he dodged an attack of my own traps! but whatever, got the place up and running again.

oh, yeah, under siege by like 5 different races. no, 4. the goblins were massacred by the frogmen.

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
  • Next account: Bulwersator
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: February 22, 2011, 03:26:03 am »

Is it possible to make sieges cooperating? Now it is typical to have multiple sieges at the same time, everybody killing everybody. My military is sometimes used only as haulers.
The worst bug - 34.11 poll
Kogut, the Bugfixes apostle of Bay12forum. Every posts he makes he preaches about the evil of Bugs.

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: February 23, 2011, 01:06:57 pm »

Is it possible to make sieges cooperating? Now it is typical to have multiple sieges at the same time, everybody killing everybody. My military is sometimes used only as haulers.

I think the problem has to do with an as yet unresolved bug with how historical/fortress mode allegiances are handled.

However, I am trying to find a stop-gap solution in the meantime.

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
  • Next account: Bulwersator
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: February 23, 2011, 01:41:06 pm »

Main problem is with multiple sieges in the same time - is it moddable to have siege-month-siege-month-siege instead of 3_months-3_sieges?
The worst bug - 34.11 poll
Kogut, the Bugfixes apostle of Bay12forum. Every posts he makes he preaches about the evil of Bugs.

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: February 23, 2011, 03:26:57 pm »

Main problem is with multiple sieges in the same time - is it moddable to have siege-month-siege-month-siege instead of 3_months-3_sieges?

Not really; the most that can be done is restricting the seasons in which enemy sieges arrive so that only one siege max arrives per season.

Actually, it would be trivial to convert Fortress Defense into this kind of mod; I'd probably go about it by keeping Tigermen, Hellfire Imps, Blendecs, and Nagas for the four seasons, one each. One could also use Elephants, Warwolves, Imps, and Nightwings instead if the aforementioned four aren't challenging enough. Goblins might randomly crash the party but oh well.

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 80