Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 80

Author Topic: [0.44.12+] Fortress Defense Mod II R v21: Progress Trigger and Bug Fixes!  (Read 310992 times)

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
Re: [0.31.12/16] Fortress Defense Mod II: Basic/Challenge Split
« Reply #105 on: October 08, 2010, 10:58:48 am »

Hmm, I installed this mod over the 31.16/Mayday package that's available on these forums, and have gen'ed two worlds which I've let run for about two years each. No invaders yet in either one. In both cases there were tons of civilizations listed on the embark screen.

Is it possible that invasions are still bugged in the new version? I'm dying to play this mod.

I think Fleshforge and others have confirmed that invaders work in 31.16.

I personally am under a heavy workload and can't check myself right now.

Make sure that invaders are turned on, and try to increase your population numbers or engage in trade. Maybe your world didn't generate the earliest civs for some reason, but will still send the slightly later ones to eat you.
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 08, 2010, 01:52:11 pm »

Invaders work in .16.  I saw a thief or two around the end of my 2nd year.  Third year produced my first siege of dark stranglers.  Beginning of my 5th year just nearly wiped out my military and burned down my trade depot.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

apatters

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 08, 2010, 07:50:55 pm »

If a civilization isn't listed on the embark screen, is there still a chance they may invade? In my latest embark there were only 3-4 listed and I'm wondering if that has an effect.

FleshForge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: October 09, 2010, 02:22:08 am »

I've fiddled with maybe 10 maps under .16 and all have had the expected invaders (kobolds around late year 1, first ambush around year 2, if you trade heavily you get sieged early, etc).  Your geography can limit who is able to reach you, and yes this is shown on the embark screen -> tab (Civilizations); only the listed civilizations will ever siege you, with the exception of kobolds, who are never listed.  Whether they will come visit you is a different question, I believe they have to be alive in the world population, but they just aren't ever listed on the embark screen.

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 09, 2010, 03:12:10 am »

If a civilization isn't listed on the embark screen, is there still a chance they may invade? In my latest embark there were only 3-4 listed and I'm wondering if that has an effect.

Yeah, if there're only 3-4 listed, only those 3-4 will attack.

Make sure you're generating onto a region map, not an island map. Island maps have a tendency to cut civs off from your fort even if all of the mod's civs get placed and survive. I hate the fact that the default map setting is on island.

Zaik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 10, 2010, 07:25:48 pm »

Another funny story, I caught the general of the white tigerman army, and the kennels let me tame him. Afterwards, he was known as something like Amslu Kolinxu, Stray General. I went to dump him in a pit and he was immediately hostile and behaved like a wild animal or thief, had to be chased down and killed.

Also, a War Elephant Wrestler just had War Elephant Calves that I can also tame. I assume they're going to behave the same though.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2010, 08:17:25 pm by Zaik »
[MILL_CHILD:ONLY_IF_GOOD_REASON]

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 10, 2010, 09:45:41 pm »

Also, a War Elephant Wrestler just had War Elephant Calves that I can also tame. I assume they're going to behave the same though.

Try it anyway for Fun! I kinda hoped that the taming of the children of sieging races would result in pets because the civ of the babies shouldn't be the same as the civ of the parents.

Zaik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 10, 2010, 11:06:52 pm »

Try it anyway for Fun! I kinda hoped that the taming of the children of sieging races would result in pets because the civ of the babies shouldn't be the same as the civ of the parents.

The fort in question was running on single digit fps and before i thought to try relesing them i went downstairs and the clowns wiped out my military with syndromes that caused bleeding deaths despite the dwarves not actually bleeding out anywhere visible.
[MILL_CHILD:ONLY_IF_GOOD_REASON]

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 11, 2010, 06:11:51 pm »

Sounds interesting, put the files straight into Raw Objects???
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

FleshForge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 12, 2010, 01:23:12 am »

Yes, just the two files for the basic version or the others for the harder version.  The instructions were pretty clear I thought :)

FleshForge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 15, 2010, 03:28:29 am »

I have a wave of hellfire imps swimming in my magma moat - that really surprised me :)  Let's see if they swimm through obsidian as well!

ZaZ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: October 15, 2010, 05:47:37 am »

I have a wave of hellfire imps swimming in my magma moat - that really surprised me :)  Let's see if they swimm through obsidian as well!

First time I saw these I was like 'aww these look small and harmless OH GOD THEY THROW FIRE OH GOD OH GOD OH GOD' luckily only one of my axedwarves got burnt to a crisp before two archery squads above my walls cut down the ambushers. A quarter of the map was burnt though as they ran away.

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 15, 2010, 08:47:46 am »

The wiki cautions that magma moats don't work against magma-traveling enemies.

But other than denizens of magma pipes, those don't really exist in vanilla, so I thought I'd add them to the game, hehe.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: October 15, 2010, 08:52:49 am »

hum I've gotten to year 5 with all civs listed on embark, heavy trading, and huge wealth and pop, and so far only kobolds and dwarves, it seems to be bugged, but randomly.
Nom nom nom

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: October 15, 2010, 10:55:13 am »

hum I've gotten to year 5 with all civs listed on embark, heavy trading, and huge wealth and pop, and so far only kobolds and dwarves, it seems to be bugged, but randomly.

Not even human or elven caravans?

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 80