Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 504

Author Topic: Note to Urist--In which you express your frustration to your dwarves  (Read 1501225 times)

PresidentEvil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Note to Urist--In which you express your frustration to your dwarves
« Reply #1500 on: April 27, 2011, 09:34:10 pm »

Dear Urist McMinerton,

Urist, we need to talk. When I first assigned you to mine out a small hill, I was pretty confident that you could knock the task out in no time, and we'd be able to refill our flux stockpile for the steelworks.

What I'm a little fuzzy on, however, is this: The hill was only one z-level tall. You were ordered to mine out that z-level. Nothing above it, and no channeling involved.

How, then, did you manage to cause a major cave-in, outside, despite absolutely no rock being above you? And how did you manage to be standing directly underneath these apparently invisible chunks of rock when they fell to earth?

The mind boggles.

Vale,
Your Overlord
I will mod in plastic as a resource.  I will then tweak the Dwarven civ entry so that coins are only made out of plastic, and are called "credit cards".
I will make dwarves purchase things with bushels of credit cards.  It will be a mockery of both systems.
It will be stupid.  But it will be gloriously stupid.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1501 on: April 27, 2011, 10:15:43 pm »

To: Overseer President Evil.

What about trees?  Those are evil, and they cave in if the area under them is dug out.

From: The administration of your friendly Tree-hating Dragonfolk of Tallfires.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2011, 10:17:43 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

fallofthechosen

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:MAGMA_BATH: ENCOURAGED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1502 on: April 28, 2011, 07:07:44 am »

Dear Urist McSlob,

I understand that when I drafted you to the military, and said your uniform replaces your clothing, you had to take your current clothes off. I also understand that since I wasn't paying attention, you took them off in a doorway. That was my fault really. But since this doorway is used to route traffic quickly for enabling and disabling my danger room repeater, I really need to have it unblocked before more
babies/pets/civilians/anyoneunarmoredtryingtoentombcorpses get impaled on training spears. I gave you a room, as I do all dwarves. A nice one at that. I even gave you multiple dressers and chests, more than ample storage space really. In fact, I even took you out of active duty rotation, just for the sake of giving you a chance to move your clothes to your room, so for the love of Armok, PICK UP YOUR D*** PANTS!

Signed,
Your annoyed Overseer.

*Every other dwarf in my fortress goes and puts their clothes in their room once I give them storage space, but this guy refuses to pick up his clothes. They aren't forbidden. I even removed him from the military temporarily, but he just drops his uniform and runs around naked, leaving his clothes there.*

PresidentEvil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1503 on: April 28, 2011, 07:21:36 am »

What about trees?  Those are evil, and they cave in if the area under them is dug out.

Dear Tree-Hating Dragonfolk,

We are on a glacier. So probably not. Besides, as I may not have made clear initially, I merely assigned him to hollow out a hill that had tasty, delicious flux in it. So there's that too.

Thanks anyway,
Oversser PresidentEvil
I will mod in plastic as a resource.  I will then tweak the Dwarven civ entry so that coins are only made out of plastic, and are called "credit cards".
I will make dwarves purchase things with bushels of credit cards.  It will be a mockery of both systems.

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #1504 on: April 28, 2011, 07:24:21 am »

Dear Sarvesh,
truly...why? i mean. you are one armed, and mad.
you are in a layer of cavern that to reach i had to order the diggers from the reclaim to clean.
But still...why?, why? why do you manage to butcher each and every single one of my warriors? i understand you love your floodgates, but let me reclaim the fortress!!!
sincerely, the overseer. Who will now begin magma operations to snuff you out.
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
  • Next account: Bulwersator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1505 on: April 28, 2011, 07:46:06 am »

*Every other dwarf in my fortress goes and puts their clothes in their room once I give them storage space, but this guy refuses to pick up his clothes. They aren't forbidden. I even removed him from the military temporarily, but he just drops his uniform and runs around naked, leaving his clothes there.*

Dear Urist Mcfallofthechosen,
muhhahahahahahah.
signed,
bug 2481.
The worst bug - 34.11 poll
Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod
Kogut, the Bugfixes apostle of Bay12forum. Every posts he makes he preaches about the evil of Bugs.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #1506 on: April 28, 2011, 08:37:18 am »

We are on a glacier. So probably not. Besides, as I may not have made clear initially, I merely assigned him to hollow out a hill that had tasty, delicious flux in it. So there's that too.

Thanks anyway,
Oversser PresidentEvil
Salutations, fellow overseer PresidentEvil!

Natural walls always have floors above them, and mining does not remove these. Thus, if you mine out ALL walls in the hill, the ceiling will collapse and kill just as well as any wall. Urist McMinerton found out the hard way.

Kind regards,
Shook McOverseer
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #1507 on: April 28, 2011, 10:35:24 am »

Thanks anyway,
Oversser PresidentEvil

Natural walls always have floors above them, and mining does not remove these. Thus, if you mine out ALL walls in the hill, the ceiling will collapse and kill just as well as any wall. Urist McMinerton found out the hard way.

Kind regards,
Shook McOverseer
Dear Overseer Shook, President Evil, and Grieger Link:

Use. More. Magma.

With magma,
Overseer Necro.

billybobfred

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONOUN: she:her:hers:herself]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1508 on: April 28, 2011, 11:28:28 am »

To: Miners' Guild of Frozenamuses
CC: Miners' Guild of every other fort everywhere
Re: Thirst and the proper handling thereof

If you find yourself beginning to grow thirsty, please take some time out to get a drink. If you find that you've mined yourself into an inescapable hole, please check to see if you can make a passageway from your current location to the booze stockpiles. I never deliberately order my miners to dig themselves into an oubliette, so this should not be a difficult task.

Don't just keep mining at random until you die. That's just dumb.

This goes double if you're legendary.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2011, 11:30:55 am by billybobfred »
urist mcgeorg, who lives in boatmurdered and makes over 10,000 bad decisions each day,

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #1509 on: April 28, 2011, 11:43:24 am »

To: Miners' Guild of Frozenamuses
CC: Miners' Guild of every other fort everywhere
Re: Thirst and the proper handling thereof

If you find yourself beginning to grow thirsty, please take some time out to get a drink. If you find that you've mined yourself into an inescapable hole, please check to see if you can make a passageway from your current location to the booze stockpiles. I never deliberately order my miners to dig themselves into an oubliette, so this should not be a difficult task.

Don't just keep mining at random until you die. That's just dumb.

This goes double if you're legendary.
"FrozenAmuses".

Oh the irony.

PresidentEvil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1510 on: April 28, 2011, 11:53:41 am »

Thanks anyway,
Oversser PresidentEvil

Kind regards,
Shook McOverseer

Hail, and Well Met, Shook!

Except, I didn't actually order him to remove the entire hill. I only had him dig out the rich, flux center, leaving the boring outer shell intact. How Urist managed to collapse the hill nonetheless is a feat of stupidity that may in fact be impossible for more sane, or intelligent, individuals, to comprehend. Therefore, aside from an aside that the sacrifice of one newbie miner and copper pick was more than worth enough flux to fuel the steelworks for the next half a year, I shall speak no more on the matter. That way lies madness.

With Fond Bemusement,
Overseer PresidentEvil

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #1511 on: April 28, 2011, 01:34:07 pm »

Dear world,

You can find me dug down in my own backyard, because i feel dumb enough to bury myself in a hole.

Yours truly,
Shook McFailedassumption

And on a different note...

Dear Urist McReloadcagetrap,

I know it's important to keep the traps loaded, but wading out into a goblin ambush probably wasn't the best idea you ever had. Then again, you did manage to lure them into the deadly serrated steel disks. You should've seen the looks on their faces! Especially that face they made while falling down a very deep pit with several limbs and internal organs missing. A perfect blend of "oh god i'm going to die horribly" and "man i am glad it's over soon". The bottom room also got a nice new paint job. All thanks to your braindead escapades!

Yours still laughing,
Time controlling X in the sky
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Deus Machina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1512 on: April 28, 2011, 03:13:18 pm »

Dear Miner's Guild of Shotunion,

We have a goblin snatcher running around on the surface level of the fortress. When I designate the military to kill him and anyone else to lift all the accesses so he can't run away with Urist McSackbaby, that is not the time for all of you to run outside and organize a company game of Red Rover across the north bridge.

Dear Urists McWoundedhaulers,

Thanks for breaking away from your booze and woodcutting and hauling in our fresh batch of broken-legged dwarves.

I know we're short on beds in the hospital and don't have enough for all the injured dwarves yet, but we do have two more than you actually used. Can you not see how it's kind of inappropriate to lay a few miners into beds, diagnose them, then dump the others into a pile in the corner? I'm sure that isn't doing their setting bones any good.

Dear Mason's Guild of Shotunion,

Some of you are also members of the miner's guild, and thus incapacitated. If you return to work in a timely manner, rather than lounge around until the last scratch on your thumb is gone, there's a new masterwork cabinet in it for all of you.

The masons that aren't, however, need to get to work. I designated that tables be made, top priority, so the miners can be operated on and put into traction, and you're all doing everything but making tables. Fishing, hauling, woodcutting, and when I tell you not to do it at all anymore, you rush off for a drink rather than making tables.

Hell, a few of you are 'on break' and just lounging around in the dining room. There is a rotting donkey corpse in there. Yes, I told someone to dump it, and it's still in there long enough that it bloated up and burst.

How is chilling out next to a rotting donkey corpse more important than making tables?
Quote from: KillerClowns
Beneath the slade, there is sheep. By all that his holy, there are so many sheep down there. I don't know why it's sheep.

Ascarona

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1513 on: April 28, 2011, 03:31:46 pm »

Dear selfproclaimed Genius Leader,
b-C-w in forbidden place, then q-s over blocker, then b-C-w for real wall
Intrigued,
voices in your head.
What a revelation! I don't know where that voice came from but maybe I AM a genius!?!
The world will burn with my new knowledge  8).
Be sure to relocate your main dining room in hell as well, and make the obvious joke about it.
It's just immoral to let elves leave the map without being robbed at least a little.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1514 on: April 28, 2011, 03:48:22 pm »

Dear Possessed clothier #3.

I know you're probably the spirit of that silly leatherworker who couldn't complete his artifact  despite having every material he was screaming for availiable in nearby stockpiles. Please stop being a jerk and pick up those materials I mined AND acquired just for you. No, I don't care about that clothier, so you either complete the artifact or gb2 hell.

Enjoy dying a melancholic death again.

Yours truly,
The dwarfmind.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 504