Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 308 309 [310] 311 312 ... 504

Author Topic: Note to Urist--In which you express your frustration to your dwarves  (Read 1498627 times)

jesternario

• Bay Watcher
  • Round 1! DANCE!
    • View Profile
Re: Note to Urist--In which you express your frustration to your dwarves
« Reply #4635 on: December 16, 2012, 08:19:07 am »

Dear Urist McMinerdorf

When you've been instructed to not haul anything, please don't run off to haul some random junk that has been laid in the @$$ end of the map when you have you're halfway through digging something.
You are never lost as long as you have a trusty and reliable Compass. Mine kept pointing North, so I just removed the red Needle! Problem solved!

Then I proceeded to pick up the rest of the bunnies, the masterfully crafted bronze statue, and its head. The head will be his trophy... But I need money.

Doctor_Whiteface

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4636 on: December 16, 2012, 10:26:25 pm »

To: Urist McRanger
RE: Strange Mood

We, the little voices in the heads of all dwarves in Pulleysweltered Hamlet, would like to thank you for having a Strange Mood the moment you walked onto the map with the 26 other immigrants in our third wave. Your 6000-Uristbuck bone pendant is truly inspirational and will bring in a good deal of seeds come the next caravan. However, we would like to know why you thought it was a good idea to use our last piece of Obsidian to decorate it when 1. we have no readily-available source of it and 2. that was going to be used to complete the fortifications atop the Founders' Tower.

Kaleb702 Games

• Bay Watcher
  • nearlyNonexistent
    • View Profile
    • My YYG Account
« Reply #4637 on: December 16, 2012, 11:16:22 pm »

To: Troll Urist McFarmer
Subject: Dehydration

Heretofore you were considered an excellent farmer -- then suddenly you stopped producing any plants to turn into drinks, so when the river froze 20 of our numbers (read: 5/6ths of our population) died and had to be buried before their ghosts could haunt us. By Empress decree, you are to be punished highly for your lack of concern for trolls' lives.

We hope you dehydrate,
Beforan Fortress Administration

P.S. thank the miners for finding an underground water source, even if there is a chance a cave creature should kill you.

((Fortbent 4.))
« Last Edit: December 16, 2012, 11:17:56 pm by Kaleb702 Games »
Quote from: Rose Lalonde, Seer of Light
One simple word can so easily begin a story in a very thick book.

weenog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4638 on: December 16, 2012, 11:37:42 pm »

Dear Urist McFarmer,
We're all truly saddened by your untimely and hideous demise.  Dehydration is such a slow and painful way to go.  I admit I wasn't looking for dwarves stranded atop the outer wall, but then there has never been any sort of ramp, stair, or other access path to that surface.  Somehow, you and your baby found a way up there.  How the fuck did you manage that?

Your baffled Overseer.
Listen up: making a thing a ‼thing‼ doesn't make it more awesome or extreme.  It simply indicates the thing is on fire.  Get it right or look like a silly poser.

It's useful to keep a ‼torch‼ handy.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #4639 on: December 17, 2012, 07:16:11 pm »

Dear baffled overseer,
The baby dared me to do it.

Sincerely, Urist McFarmer
------------------------------------------
Dear sporeman,

Your spores are getting all over the walls, it's making us all sneeze and vomit and someone even died. GTFO

-A petition signed by all 11 Urists of Worksavants.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Wolfy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4640 on: December 18, 2012, 05:32:15 am »

Dear Urist mcbabydwarf
Grow up already or GTFO. that goes for you to mcbabydwarf 2-2000
I'm a bad speller, no amount of telling me how bad I am is going to make me better. People have been trying for over two decades. English is hard for me, its like how some cant get math, i cant get English.

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
  • World Heavyweight Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #4641 on: December 18, 2012, 05:36:17 am »

Dear Urist McHogan
     Just.. Wow. Did you have to rip that kobold's head off with your bare hands. I mean. As soon as it saw you it started running, but.. you just... oh god.

Anyway, the real reason I am telling you this was more of the question of why the kobol when your fellow military dwarfs were DEALING WITH THE GIANT DINGOS INSIDE THE FORT

Sincerly,
The Overseer

Coalwalker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4642 on: December 18, 2012, 07:17:44 am »

Dear legendary presser migrant #2947:

*Coalwalker looses a roaring laughter, fell and terrible!*
So to recap, one minute everything was going just great, and the next we have caverns collapsing, firebreathing cave beasts, underground brush fires, a screaming swarm of poltergheists back for revenge, zombies in the corridors, drunken brawls in the dining halls, magma pouring into the caverns, rotting miasma everywhere, insanity, madness, and a flying crocodile heading right towards us!

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4643 on: December 18, 2012, 02:22:51 pm »

To Swordswoman, position #3

That was very brave of you to fight that ambush by yourself so that the hunters could get inside the fortress.  You were just out there to collect some wood, and you saved the lives of your fellows.

Also, I congratulate you on surviving the ordeal, that martial trance did amazing things, 2 dead orcs, and 3 with moderate wounds.  Bravo, on doing so much damage and holding out til the rest of your squad got there.  After the doctors finish stitching you up, you will find that you and your husband have earned the honor of a personal room with a nest box.  As you know, a rare honor reserved for only distinguished members of the fortress.  (just because it's such a PITA to micromanage egg layer fortress race breeding)

However, I would like to point out that all the hunters (yes including your husband until he reaches master crossbowman status) are basically expendable, a trained soldier such as yourself is not.  Please show more discretion in the future.

-The Administration
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Tenth Speed Writer

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Procrastinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4644 on: December 19, 2012, 05:55:56 pm »

Dear Urist McWouldbeSpearDwarf,

I don't know what compelled you to charge the enraged giraffe without your lovingly made masterwork spear.

Nor do I know why, in the process of fighting it, you chose to punch and wrestle every single tooth out of its head.

Nor do I understand how exactly you ultimately reached -- much less strangled -- its neck, having a diameter wider than you are tall.

That said, welcome to your new Grand Bedroom.

Sincerely,

Tenth McSpeedWriter
Quote from: Pickled Tink
I don't believe in a standing army. I believe in cruel and unusual architecture.

Kaitlyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4645 on: December 20, 2012, 06:48:56 pm »

Dear Gray McLangur,

Why did you feel the need to steal a wheelbarrow? I'll have you know that at time of writing we are enslaving any of your kind that wind up in our cage traps. If they don't wind up in the cage traps, they will wind up in the weapon traps.

From, the Wheatcraze Animal Trainer and Butcher's Guild

Dear Immigrants,

I understand wanting to join the Flowery Affliction at our outpost in the Hill of Roars. We are in an important location for the Portal of Doors' continued operations in this region and I hope you all realize what important work we're doing. However, as Overseer of this fine fortress, I wish to know why so many of you suddenly decide to leave your homes and head out into the frontier on the border of Goblin territory. On several occasions upwards of twenty individuals have arrived here seeking purpose. We simply don't need this much dwarfpower. Throughout your stay here, keep in mind that those of you that came in larger groups will likely receive more menial tasks and overall be of less priority. If you prove yourself to be an asset then your accommodations shall be made appropriately more pleasant. If not, everything you hold dear is forfeit.

Sincerely,
Kaitlyn Obscurelancer, Overseer

« Last Edit: December 20, 2012, 06:51:45 pm by Kaitlyn »

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #4646 on: December 21, 2012, 02:19:14 am »

Dear mod creatures,

All of you, please identify yourselves. I'm having trouble telling which of you came from where, or even distinguishing you from the normal denizens of this universe. All of the modded things you do are causing a real disruption to my already strained efforts to get some organization around here.

Dear Daleks,

Stop coming. The High Prawnmen don't like you.

Dear High Prawnmen,

Kindly keep away from my water supply when chased by spawn.

Dear Spawn thingies,

You're interrupting the superhero caravan. Also, why you no die to serrated discs?

Dear Supes,

stop spraying webs in my halls, stop throwing fire, in fact, just send your animals in, we promise we won't steal anything.

Dear Greater Badgermen,

Where the hell did you even come from? And will you stop goading the supes into releasing their fun?

Dear kittens

WHY ARE YOU ON FIRE? Why are migrants risking carrying you all the way to my fort!? I have falcons, go away, you're tainted!

Dear Zolok Cograthumz, Swamp Titan

You stay out of this!

Dear HFS

How much is rent?
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4647 on: December 21, 2012, 03:09:21 am »

Dear HFS

How much is rent?

This is sig worthy.

Wolfy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4648 on: December 21, 2012, 03:11:50 am »

Dear mod creatures,

Dear Greater Badgermen,

Where the hell did you even come from? And will you stop goading the supes into releasing their fun?

I got that in masterdwarf if it means anything
I'm a bad speller, no amount of telling me how bad I am is going to make me better. People have been trying for over two decades. English is hard for me, its like how some cant get math, i cant get English.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4649 on: December 21, 2012, 03:14:42 am »

@ HugoLuman - What spawn are these? if they're the ones I'm thinking of, they are trapavoid.
Pages: 1 ... 308 309 [310] 311 312 ... 504