Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 53

Author Topic: Fortress Overseer 0.70.1 - !Open Source! 3D Visualizer - 31.25-34.11 Support  (Read 367552 times)

Lucelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam

Can't get it to work with 34.07. It begins loading up the map and crashes half-way, no error reports or anything. Have tried both Fortress and Adventure modes on an unmodified Dwarf fortress 34.07 straight from LNP, using both OpenGL and Direct3d9.
Lucelle Weapons and Armour adds in tons of historical weapons and armour from a variety of different cultures

thewonderidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Can't get it to work with 34.07. It begins loading up the map and crashes half-way, no error reports or anything. Have tried both Fortress and Adventure modes on an unmodified Dwarf fortress 34.07 straight from LNP, using both OpenGL and Direct3d9.
Can you upload the .dfmap file somewhere so I can take a look at it?

Lucelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam

Can you upload the .dfmap file somewhere so I can take a look at it?

http://www.mediafire.com/?21djvjuup733cx9

Thank you.
Lucelle Weapons and Armour adds in tons of historical weapons and armour from a variety of different cultures

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile

Huh, well I was hoping I could be helpful like others were helpful for me, but it doesn't crash for me and loads fine. 

Maybe this report will still be helpful though.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

rridgway

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm curious, is there any way I could get some buildings to show up? It's kinda weird seeing my buildings without windows, especially when they're underwater.

Works great, though!

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile

It's pretty easy, actually.

Spoiler: You use this (click to show/hide)

thewonderidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Huh, well I was hoping I could be helpful like others were helpful for me, but it doesn't crash for me and loads fine. 

Maybe this report will still be helpful though.
Confirmed working fine for me too. Lucelle -- you have Overseer 0.70.1 and not Overseer 0.70, right? 0.70 was kind of crashy. If you're on 0.70.1... then this is strange. Try updating your graphics card driver, and if that doesn't work, post your Ogre.log (even if nothing appears to be wrong in it) along with system stats (operating system, etc.).

I'm curious, is there any way I could get some buildings to show up? It's kinda weird seeing my buildings without windows, especially when they're underwater.
Nope, not yet. It's relatively soon on the roadmap though, so I think Japa's advice might take you a bit too far into the future if you're not careful.

runlvlzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It's pretty easy, actually.

Spoiler: You use this (click to show/hide)

Damn now I want to watch those over again, CURSE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! or as Kirk would say...

JAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPPPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (echoes on for eternity)
I voted for BANANA!

Lucelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam

Confirmed working fine for me too. Lucelle -- you have Overseer 0.70.1 and not Overseer 0.70, right? 0.70 was kind of crashy. If you're on 0.70.1... then this is strange. Try updating your graphics card driver, and if that doesn't work, post your Ogre.log (even if nothing appears to be wrong in it) along with system stats (operating system, etc.).

Yep, 0.70.1 is what I was using. I can only assume its my systems fault and its not capable of rendering Fortress Overseer, which is strange since I do have other 3d games and programs run fine (and the latest drivers for my video card, which is outdated by about four years).

My Ogre log:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

And my system info:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Thank you and hopefully its a simple fix.

Graebeard

• Bay Watcher
  • The reasonable penguin
    • View Profile

I was having a similar error.  Updating DirectX did the trick.
At last, she is done.

Lucelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam

Alright, just updated my DirectX and it works perfectly. Beautiful program, too.

thewonderidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Alright, just updated my DirectX and it works perfectly. Beautiful program, too.

Thanks! Glad you got it working. And thanks for the support assistance, Graebeard.  :D

Lucelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam

Only thing is, the terrain textures don't show up. The trees and mushrooms and everything look great, but everything else has the appearance of gray clay. Graphic card problem? Or maybe I should reinstall, or mess with the init file?

runlvlzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Only thing is, the terrain textures don't show up. The trees and mushrooms and everything look great, but everything else has the appearance of gray clay. Graphic card problem? Or maybe I should reinstall, or mess with the init file?

Have you tried running it under Opgengl?. That sounds like a shader issue, but almost all cards should support the shader for Ogreseer. Anything with Dx 8 or 9 support which has been around for a few years now.
I voted for BANANA!

Lucelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam

Have you tried running it under Opgengl?. That sounds like a shader issue, but almost all cards should support the shader for Ogreseer. Anything with Dx 8 or 9 support which has been around for a few years now.
[/quote]

OpenGL still causes a crash. I can only use directX3d9. I am using an old XP PC, so I only assume my graphics card is too outdated.
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 53