Poll

PULL THE LEVER? [Y/N]

Y
- 281 (87.8%)
N
- 39 (12.2%)

Total Members Voted: 319

Pages: 1 ... 140 141 [142] 143 144 ... 189

Author Topic: FailCannon: No Rest for the Wicked (or anyone else) (Succession: Battlefailed 2)  (Read 900017 times)

Strategia

• Bay Watcher
  • Cheese is essential to any successful fortress.
    • View Profile
Re: FailCannon: Still Alive (somehow) (Succession: Battlefailed II)
« Reply #2115 on: September 30, 2011, 02:16:09 am »

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2116 on: September 30, 2011, 06:28:53 pm »

Apparently Cignus is up next.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2117 on: September 30, 2011, 09:08:21 pm »

Yeah, but I wanted arcangelsd to post his last update first. Looks like that's not going to happen, so I'll update the OP and PM Cignus tomorrow.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Mego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2118 on: September 30, 2011, 09:52:24 pm »

The Curse of Battlefailed/Failcannon is returning to haunt our overseers and make their lives detract from their DF time.

arcangelsd

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-builder of the STFO
    • View Profile
« Reply #2119 on: October 01, 2011, 03:56:54 am »

Yeah, but I wanted arcangelsd to post his last update first. Looks like that's not going to happen, so I'll update the OP and PM Cignus tomorrow.

Oops. I'm very sorry, I was waiting for someone to claim the next turn to post my update, that is mainly composed of how the STFO work and what is the purpose of the FCN tower. I thought that if I posted it too soon, it might get lost inbetween the other posts, and i would like to the next overseer to read the thing, to know how to disarm the STFO if it gives too much trouble! I'll post the update right now, then.

FAILCANNON NEWS

Dear.. uhh.. surviving residents of Failcannon! I speak to you, not via telepathic emission at all, because, as you know, my new broadcasting tower has a very good acoustic! Yes, acoustic it is! The adamantine emitter does nothing at all! it does not keep you happy despite al the horrible news and deaths that we have suffered recently!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

And now dear citiz survivors,i'm gonna tell you about the magnificence of my new tower, even though you know because you were the ones that built it, not at all coerced fot my fantastic adamantine mind-warping machine, that is surely not installed at the top of this very tower!

Also, jumping out to another topic, given the perilous nature of our awesome ocean driller AKA STFO, I have decided to share the layout of the place with you, adjunting useful notes, in order to avoid tragic accidents like those that ocurred to Deathsword and Urist!

Also, I have a very, maybe the most important new ever given in this broadcast short history:
I, Arcangelsd, the dwarf that has kept you united and working, as the very best of the craftdwarves, like in the good old days of our mountainhomes, that has ordered built two of the most awe-inspiring landmarks in this town, resigns as the overseer of this place, to continue my work as the news broadcaster of this still-surviving, prospering community. Not at all to lie low because half of my speech consist of suspiciously specific denials, neither to mind control you to build sanity-destroying constructs, and definitely not at all because I don't trust none of you morons.

So, the next poor soul brave dwarf that volunteers as an overseer should take my advice, either in this broadcast as the ones told in my previous ones, seriously.

To sum up: have no fear of the fiends of the subterranean world, as their minds get confused and paralyzed in the warped sublevels of this maze fortress!
Still, don't remove the walls marked with a note spelling "Quarantine walls", just in case.
Also, don't get disturbed about the unnaturally high number of foreigner dwarves that are lingering around our living rooms. They are liaisons, and totally harmless (as in they haven't gone insane yet), even the one that spends all his time lying on a table near Dariush'(s?) room.
Our dear mayor, Catalyst, is by now fine, trapped in her room, and more than happy to spook any fool that get too near to her room's windows.
About our trade agreements, don't even try to open the doors to let the traders in. It seems that somebody (maybe the elves, or that scoundrel Aussie) are in league with the goblins, that kill the dwarven caravans, and the suspiciously steel-clad kobolds that ambush and kill the human caravans. Elves are fine, though, but if I were you, I'd keep an eye on them. Maybe they aren't who they say to be! Elves that don't bring wood? Who in heavens are they trying to fool? They are spies!
Whatever. I'd say the best course of action with the elves would be to kill them all. If you don't mind the outrageous amount of garbage they leave, it is.

And with that, I say goodbye to my overseeing position, leaving it free to anyone brave enough to manage this fortress. Hee hee hee. Have luck with that.

« Last Edit: October 01, 2011, 06:32:57 am by arcangelsd »
Did we just made reality itself commit suicide?
I think that sentence describes all of Failcannon.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2120 on: October 01, 2011, 06:46:51 am »

And now, as always, the STFO and FCN tower will be the cause of a glorious disaster involving lots and lots of dwarven death because a future overseer forgets what they do and breaks them.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #2121 on: October 01, 2011, 08:41:03 am »

Except you Aussie you dirty traitor

About our trade agreements, don't even try to open the doors to let the traders in. It seems that somebody (maybe the elves, or that scoundrel Aussie) are in league with the goblins, that kill the dwarven caravans, and the suspiciously steel-clad kobolds that ambush and kill the human caravans.

I get the feeling you suspect my dwarf of some sort of insidious plot - well you're way off.  It's a grand machiavellian plot of insane complexity and intellect that even I need a full whiteboard of notes to keep track of it.

arcangelsd

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-builder of the STFO
    • View Profile
« Reply #2122 on: October 01, 2011, 09:19:22 am »

About our trade agreements, don't even try to open the doors to let the traders in. It seems that somebody (maybe the elves, or that scoundrel Aussie) are in league with the goblins, that kill the dwarven caravans, and the suspiciously steel-clad kobolds that ambush and kill the human caravans.

I get the feeling you suspect my dwarf of some sort of insidious plot - well you're way off.  It's a grand machiavellian plot of insane complexity and intellect that even I need a full whiteboard of notes to keep track of it.

Yes, but I got you as the number one suspect for virtually everything.
Did we just made reality itself commit suicide?
I think that sentence describes all of Failcannon.

Strategia

• Bay Watcher
  • Cheese is essential to any successful fortress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2123 on: October 01, 2011, 10:30:49 am »

Yes, but I got you as the number one suspect for virtually everything.

No, see, that's how it appears, but when you dig a little deeper, you'll find that there are a multitude of reasons for whatever you suspect Aussie of, and nothing can be tied back to him.

Which is exactly the way he planned it.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2124 on: October 01, 2011, 11:46:22 am »

The dorfy solution is to kill people that make you suspicious like that.

Now, where did that save go... I want to see this masterpiece.
62.6 MB. truly enormous.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2011, 11:48:19 am by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2125 on: October 01, 2011, 01:04:03 pm »

Did somebody change his profession or why is Aussie suddenly the memetic mastermind?

Lokspear

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2126 on: October 01, 2011, 07:43:31 pm »

What.

I would like dwarfing please. Any old  male dwarf and if you happen to still be arming them id prefer a spear.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #2127 on: October 01, 2011, 08:36:54 pm »

Did somebody change his profession or why is Aussie suddenly the memetic mastermind?

My first dwarf got himself crippled and put in hospital - he survived the loyalty cascade by being out of the way of all the fighting and even when he got out on crutches, he kept staying out of the way of anything bad happening.   I kinda joked he was cunning and plotting simply because he was never anywhere close to all the !!Fun!! things and people seemed to agree.

The second one... didn't do to well. This one seems to be getting sneaky again by avoiding all the bad stuff going on.  Even declaring he's "on break" when a task of certain death is requested by the overseer.  You gotta watch him - he's crafty, he is...

Mormota

• Bay Watcher
  • Necron Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2128 on: October 02, 2011, 12:13:13 pm »

My first dwarf got himself crippled and put in hospital - he survived the loyalty cascade by being out of the way of all the fighting and even when he got out on crutches, he kept staying out of the way of anything bad happening.   I kinda joked he was cunning and plotting simply because he was never anywhere close to all the !!Fun!! things and people seemed to agree.

The second one... didn't do to well. This one seems to be getting sneaky again by avoiding all the bad stuff going on.  Even declaring he's "on break" when a task of certain death is requested by the overseer.  You gotta watch him - he's crafty, he is...

I think Darvi meant that his profession was Vizzini Gambiter last time.
Avid Aurora player, Warhammer 40.000 fan, part-time writer and cursed game developer.
The only thing that happened in general was the death of 71% of the fort, and that wasn't really worth mentioning.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2129 on: October 02, 2011, 03:14:55 pm »

Just been looking over the save in anticipation of Cignus' turn. Hopefully I'll understand it enough that I'd be able to navigate it after his turn. I certainly can run it. I got bored and decided to write this based on my dorf's current status;

Lately I've been harassed by this idiotic "Twobeard," who thinks sexually harassing a woman and the ghost possessing her will have no consequences. I've even been forced to leave the body during the night to prevent him from doing anything particularly stupid. He hasn't given up, not relenting to the smallest degree, and even after so many years as a spirit I haven't figured out how to deal with people like him. Knowing that I'm protecting her has made this body more cooperative, however.
Fortunately everything else is going well. I've had enough peace to experience the wonderful dining room that I didn't know we had previously, as well as enough time disembodied to admire the wonderful room I've claimed. The idiot says she likes the nice traps to be found all over the place, and the nice, comfy bed, which I can't enjoy due to being on watch while she sleeps. Only problem is the rain weakens my control over her, because it thins my energy out. This would normally be a good thing as it permits a free spirit to perform more complicated procedures, but not for possessions, where your energy must remain very concentrated.
I still refuse to make any attempt to comprehend this place.

- Erica.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 09:46:02 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
Pages: 1 ... 140 141 [142] 143 144 ... 189