Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 73

Author Topic: Serial Killer Roguelike  (Read 114996 times)

Labs

• Bay Watcher
  • This aggresion will not stand, man.
    • View Profile
Re: Serial Killer Roguelike
« Reply #210 on: August 23, 2010, 10:00:31 pm »

So?

We shall continue to explode the thread.

Unless this post kills it, which I bet.

I'm sorry, I can't let you do that. Dave eclipsetail.
I like to slip into bear caves around midnight and gently caress the carnivore inside before leaving a small cut of fresh fish and sneaking out.

Azurestrike

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: August 23, 2010, 10:00:42 pm »

I didn't mean stop posting, but to stop expecting replies from him for now.

On that note, I'm very curious how detailed covering up evidence can get.

For speculation purposes, these are the items I identified that weren't used in the video.

Coil of Rope
Handcuffs
Portable Drill

Can anyone read the rest of the things that weren't used in the video?

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: August 23, 2010, 10:01:03 pm »

I like it because of the crazed detail. We can all "read" ASCII graphics, so instead of some graphics and words moving around with red splotches (what most people see), what we see is:

A strange man walks down the street in jeans and a black coat, consealing a blade in his hand. Suddenly, he stops, and crouches down. He walks across a man's lawn in the middle of the night, and picks open the house's gate. He moves around to a window and gazes inside. There another man sits, watching television. The man outside creeps around to the back yard, and picks the back door lock of the house. He creeps inside and presses against the wall, listening. He hears the man laughing at the images on the screen, none the wiser to the intrusion. The creeper enters the room, but is spotted! The other man yells and retreats across the room, but the creeper catches up with him. He slices at the man with the razor, and he curses in pain. The victim makes a grab for the blade, only managing to injure his hand. The attacker slices at his face, tearing the cheek open, and then punches him. The victim's jaw cracks unnaturally to the side, and he falls to the floor in a sprawl. The attacker runs to him, and severs his juguar. Blood sprays everywhere, and the victim's eyes fall closed after one last scream. The attacker stands watching the victim, untill blood stops pouring from the wound, the victim's heart stopped. In triumpth, the killer removes a saw from his coat and severs the arms, throwing one across the room in glee. He starts to explore the man's home, but then somthing goes wrong. Sirens of the police outside, a citizen's cry heard too late. He rushes out the back, but panics when an officer steps around the corner of the house. Taking a gun from his coat, but obviously hoping to not need it, he hides behind a tree as the officer steps inside to discover his victim. He moves to the fence, but just as his hand touches the wood, another officer yells to surrender. He responds with a bullet, but it does not find its mark. The officer takes aim, his hours of training vindicated with a staight shot to the gut. The killer falls down, but will not allow any kind of victory to anyone but himself. He presses the barrel of his gun to his own head, and fires.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: August 23, 2010, 10:01:10 pm »

I'm more disturbed by some of the sadistic posts by a few of the folk in this thread than I am of this game and the planned features it has in store for us playing a serial killer looking for gratification. It's probably a good thing that this game will be a roguelike, I doubt I'd want to look upon any decent facsimile of a human in this game, uncanny valley or not.

Best of luck getting the game to release quality, CrimsonKing. I look forward to playing the game as it certainly sports a novel approach not normally seen.  Take your time.

I am more or less interesting to see what sort of challenge this game is here to present... though yes there is a good chance that this game will just be gory and sadistic without much virtue.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: August 23, 2010, 10:04:14 pm »

I didn't mean stop posting, but to stop expecting replies from him for now.

On that note, I'm very curious how detailed covering up evidence can get.

For speculation purposes, these are the items I identified that weren't used in the video.

Coil of Rope
Handcuffs
Portable Drill

Can anyone read the rest of the things that weren't used in the video?

Generic clothes, surgical gloves, extendable shovel.
Shoes...

Lap

• Bay Watcher
  • I <3 Lua
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: August 23, 2010, 10:04:28 pm »

If there's more criminal options I think the title should get changed to something more fitting unless you are intentionally trying to get publicity through controversy.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: August 23, 2010, 10:06:44 pm »

We can all "read" ASCII graphics <snip>

Not so much. Some of us use graphics packs. Hopefully, Phoebus or Deon or somebody will stumble upon this thread and make the game for those of us who are "illiterate".

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

eclipsetail

• Bay Watcher
  • [HIGH_FIVES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: August 23, 2010, 10:24:15 pm »

Do you see?

I killed the thread.

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: August 23, 2010, 10:24:29 pm »

OR DID YOU?
Hello Hunam

eclipsetail

• Bay Watcher
  • [HIGH_FIVES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: August 23, 2010, 10:24:55 pm »

:o

Well played.

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: August 23, 2010, 10:25:49 pm »

I would love to be able to leave messages in blood.

"Look at me. Look at me. Look at how large the monster inside of me has become."

To those who get the reference. Your mind has been blown.

Monster

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: August 23, 2010, 10:26:15 pm »

That would be so fun.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: August 23, 2010, 10:26:43 pm »

Why did you have to ruin the obscurity Wong. Why.
Hello Hunam

Untouchable

• Bay Watcher
  • Gary Busey Smile Time Variety Hour
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: August 23, 2010, 10:27:15 pm »

No you did not.

Anyways, I do want this. It sounds awesome.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: August 23, 2010, 10:27:25 pm »

Do you see?

I killed the thread.
None but the Toady One and Threetoe hold the power to kill threads on command!
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 73