Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 38

Author Topic: Arma 2 + Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead  (Read 50041 times)

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arma 2 + Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead
« Reply #510 on: August 05, 2012, 07:23:48 pm »

Thanks, I will just hold back. It seems they are attempting to revitalise the game and squeeze as much profits out of it before ARMA3 is released. Which is fine, but my wallet opposes the purchase.
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: August 05, 2012, 07:46:32 pm »

ArmA 3 doesn't have a definite release date, and is probably coming out next year. I mean, you can still expect to have a pretty good run if you buy ArmA 2 now.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Stealtharcadia

• Bay Watcher
  • Cool Guy 3217
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: August 20, 2012, 10:41:35 am »

Heya

A couple of us have been getting together and playing custom missions together at least a couple times a week, there isn't enough of us to warrant a dedicated server or anything, but if you add me on steam (Stealtharcadia) or let me know on here we could start playing some larger matches
Yeah yeah yeah!

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #513 on: August 20, 2012, 01:27:40 pm »

One day I'll have a computer I can actually enjoy ArmA on... playing at 15-20 fps tops with everything on the lowest settings sucks.

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: January 24, 2013, 05:45:58 am »

Necromancy is GO!

I finally have a rig that can run this at non-miserable FPS. I've been getting involved with the Folk ARPS guys, and it's been quite the amazing experience. I also play a bit on The Wrecking Crew server, with ACE and ACRE (which is AWESOME) or on the 82nd Airborne Invasion 44 server.

All of these experiences have been awesome. Does anyone still play this regularly?

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: January 24, 2013, 05:58:01 pm »

I play this with a group of friends (started out as 3-4 people, but it's growing very slowly) with ACE. I will once in a blue moon play with the United Operations guys who have their own modthing plus ACE and ACRE.

I played with ARPS once... it was different, but fun =p

Just so you know, running the game from an SSD actually improve framerate/pop-in from towns and such. I just with BI would spend more time optimizing their games =p

kg333

• Bay Watcher
  • Derp.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #516 on: January 25, 2013, 01:13:39 am »

I play this with a group of friends (started out as 3-4 people, but it's growing very slowly) with ACE. I will once in a blue moon play with the United Operations guys who have their own modthing plus ACE and ACRE.

I've run a couple times with UO lately.  They run a really nice server, but they're a bit high-strung...I always end up stressing out that I'm going to misstep and have my head bit off.

KG

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: January 25, 2013, 01:19:13 am »

One of the things that's keeping me from playing with them as much as I used to is how long it takes to get a mission going, and once a mission does get going you're not guaranteed to actually do anything.
Once shit does go down... that's when it gets really awesome. It's just those moments are so rare...

EDIT: Oh, and then if there's any support assets whatsoever, they're going to kill everything before you have a chance to do much.

kg333

• Bay Watcher
  • Derp.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #518 on: January 25, 2013, 01:41:34 am »

One of the things that's keeping me from playing with them as much as I used to is how long it takes to get a mission going, and once a mission does get going you're not guaranteed to actually do anything.
Once shit does go down... that's when it gets really awesome. It's just those moments are so rare...

That is indeed very true...I had one of those a few weeks ago running AT.  A T-72 started to overrun our squad, so everyone freaked out and started screaming for AT.  I pulled out the AT-4, called "CLEAR BACKBLAST!", watched the squad scatter in all directions as the tank beared down mercilessly on our position, and fired...

And promptly got run over by the T-72 which didn't even notice the AT-4 hitting the front armor.  But it was amazing anyway, and I managed not to kill anyone with backblast.  :D

KG

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: January 25, 2013, 05:20:43 am »

Yeah, I've heard that about UO. You guys should try out The Wrecking Crew. They run ACE and ACRE, and it's a fairly relaxed server. People still attempt to play in squads, and depending on the SL you might be more or less organised, but you'll get teamplay and none of that shouting around feeling terrible for whatever.

I mean, we had this one mission where a guy REALLY like ambulances... so he put his cellphone repeating an ambulance siren and put it on direct comms. Then, OF COURSE, the ambulance gets attacked, we lose a tire, forget medical supplies, men get wounded. Eventually we do enter Zargabad and start clearing out, but this guy finds some excuse to go back for his ambulance, and sure enough, smack in the middle of a hectic firefight, what do we hear? A siren...

Also, the FolkARPS gents run lots of different events, though their website/forum makes it hard to figure them out. Tuesday and Sunday are the "main" unmodded sessions with the most people (had 60+ last Sunday, 30+ Tuesday). Throwback Thursdays is less people and less organisation. Friday is ACE & ACRE, and Saturday is for mods (was Invasion 44, now it's going to be Hell in the Pacific, I think). Also, it doesn't take that long to get missions going. I think they make them so they definitely run under an hour. The downside is there's less "combined operations" with CAS, armour, etc.

I guess my problem is I can't find any friends who actively enjoy this, and then missions to play it, etc. I'd rather join some "pre-made" solution, since I don't really have time for more :)

Charmander

• Bay Watcher
  • [!!TAIL!!]
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: January 25, 2013, 08:59:40 am »

There are a few of us that play now and then, but I'm not sure on how open the group we play is to a bigger bunch of outsiders than there already are.

That, and it's semi-serious. We do try and do things properly, but it's still fairly relaxed. Had some good moments, too, like defending a ravine, or successfully rescuing a POW without fatalities, or taking an APC out with multiple, simultaneous, devastating, simultaneous, devastating, multiple, simultaneous deep strikes M134 rockets on its broadside.

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: January 25, 2013, 09:27:04 am »

So where do you guys find these groups? Is it from previous gamer communities you're part of? Clans? I'm wondering, because really the only thing I've found is the odd semi-organised public server, UO, FolkARPS and ShackTac. I had no idea there were so many people doing this in an organised manner :)

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: February 20, 2013, 07:37:06 pm »

Shameless resurrection and plug for some of my videos of the wicked awesome Folk ARPS sessions :)

Fayrik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: February 21, 2013, 07:28:51 am »

So, now the game's actually a bit cheaper, I've been wondering if anyone's picked this up.
Perhaps it's time for some more bay12 missions?

I certainly would love to host my procedurally generated ACE mission, "Lost In Chernarus". Sure it can be a bit of a trek, but it's near-impossible combat end to end.
...I've never actually completed it without some sort of cheat, either.
So THIS is how migrations start.
"Hey, dude, there's this crazy bastard digging in the ground for stuff. Let's go watch."

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: February 21, 2013, 07:51:34 am »

I love the game and would join,

but I am incredibly useless at arma and never actually got the hang of it
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 38