Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 66

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia - Round 17 - Game Over!  (Read 229316 times)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia - Round 17 - Replacement Found
« Reply #315 on: November 11, 2010, 11:06:10 pm »

Day already got extended to Friday, are you trying to get it extended to Monday?
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

KaminaSquirtle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: November 12, 2010, 12:06:41 am »

Whoops, since someone said extension I assumed it was going to end soon.  What does everyone else think about an extension to Monday?  If you think it would be helpful...

For one, I have to agree with Jim from a while back.  Something feels off about you, Zathras.  You've made no accusations except on lurkers, and the The LurkerTracker® seems to have appeared as a convenient cover up.  It helps you target only lurkers while looking like you're putting a lot of effort into scumhunting.  In fact, every time I see a post of yours the point of it is: "Hmmmm, can't let those lurkers get away!"  "They're getting a free pass!  I can't let that happen!  Don't worry town, I'll protect you from the lurkers."  Your entire voting method so far is to see who is the most lurkery, without accounting for anything else, really.
And then you add on the question asking about other's top scumpicks, which seems to me as if you're trying to do a combination of seeing what the general consensus is, so you can avoid stirring up controversy, and pretending to scumhunt.

The only posts he doesn't just lurker it up are the ones concerning webadict, and the one he mentions an extensions, and even in those he manages to tie lurkers into it somehow.

And I hate to bring it up, but after your initial 'blue candy' post, you never mention me again, even when I get a quite large amount of suspicion.  Actually, you haven't really done anything other than defend and attack lurkers, as I think Jim pointed out.  Your abundance of defenses and impressive displays, but lack of scumhunting, makes me suspicious, Zathras.

The other person who caught my eye was Ottofar.  This is his only non RVS post:
What, SHADOW.

First of all, Unvote Zathras.

And a policy lynch doesn't make the day any shorter.
Not timewise, but it makes us short town.  Scum should be lynched, not town, no matter how stupid.  That is the point of town.
Unvote.
Vote JanusTwoface.
Kamina. This one here. It's a post to look less scummy. Which in itself is scummy.

It's a shame, I was about to extend you some noob slack but then you go and do something violently reactionary like this.

Whyyy are you voting for JTF? You were just explaining away his actions a minute ago.
Because I was thinking in the context of BM.  What he's doing seems different now.  I understand it from a new perspective.  He's suggesting a lynch simply because of a player's rep, with no regards to losing a chance to lynch scum.  I can unvote whenever the hell I want.  I want answers out of the fucker.

I'm done being wishy-washy, as you pointed out I was.  Are you seriously suggesting I would be so stupid as to bus my scumbuddy this early just because of a small accusation?
Goddamn, I'm not that stupid.
WIFOM here.

Yeah, I've been lurking because there were certain technical difficulties. Having electricity go on and off pretty randomly, that is.

I like how the game is active.

My list'd go something like: Kamina
SHAD0W
Perhaps JTF.

Damn, I'll try to do a bit better post tomorrow.
He may have had an excuse for lurking then, but not now.  This has been his only real post so far, and he uses it to Org it up?  JTF pointed this out first:
I like how the game is active.

My list'd go something like: Kamina
SHAD0W
Perhaps JTF.
I don't like how you're not.

Your list is the exact same as Org's, which is the exact same as people have been saying for a while now.  Nothing new and no reasoning given. Scummy.
And I'm inclined to agree.  He's just parroting Org, and Leafsnail a bit too.  He's done no thinking at all thus far.  This post is enough to earn some blue text.  Ottofar.

But who to vote?
Zathras.  I want to see more than one post from Ottofar before I vote him.  Zathras, however, has plenty of posts which back up my accusations.
Kamina:  If you want to convince us you're not scum, do it by negation.  Show us someone else who is scum.  Right now, you're #2 scum in my book.

You're doing a poor job of scum hunting now.  You voted Leafsnail for lurking, then when he came back and posted, you changed your reason for voting him... to because he voted you for acting scummy?  Try harder than that.
This better, Toaster?

Mish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia - Round 17 - Replacement requested
« Reply #317 on: November 12, 2010, 12:33:32 am »

Mish:  Thanks for replacing in.  After you get done reviewing the thread and posting your observation, I'd also like to know the most important lesson you've learned in your previous games.
Writing up my read on everyone in the game so far, but in the meantime I'll answer your question:
Probably not to edit posts, then it's not to get overly scared of a vote and cease attacking.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: November 12, 2010, 01:23:43 am »

Whoops, since someone said extension I assumed it was going to end soon.  What does everyone else think about an extension to Monday?  If you think it would be helpful...

Blarg, no. There's a majority consensus on SHADOWdump and it doesn't look like it's going to change. I see no need to tread water until Monday.

Also, yeah, Zathras is totally scum. Every other game I've seen him he's practically jumping all oever everybody for anything and in this game he's had all day to respond to my accusation and he can't be bothered? Evasive dude is scum.

I'm not going to forget about this on Day 2 and I hope that nobody else is either. But first SHADOWdump needs to die.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
Re: Paranormal Mafia - Round 17 - Replacement requested
« Reply #319 on: November 12, 2010, 02:11:04 am »

To everybody trying to lynch webadict: How about we not try to get him lynched for lurking.
Can we lynch him because of his ego?  :)  (that was sarcasm for anyone that missed it)

I'm actually very, very impressed by this post.  It takes up the entire screen, but it doesn't once accuse ANYONE of being scum.  At all.  Sure, it makes an extremely vague attack on Ottofar for throwaway reasons, but your two FoS's go to lurkers and your vote is done based on policy.  I'd like to give you an award for most waffly, useless, active lurking post, JanusTwoFace.
Why, thank you. I try.

More seriously, you're wrong. The commentary on Webadict's playstyle points towards him being scummy or busy (right now, probably the latter; you're correct that it's not stated explicitly).  The comments back to Mr.Person are calling anyone scum, but are directly pertinent to SHAD0Wdump's impending lynch.  The point on Ottofar was for more than lurking, what little he has is copying Org of all people.

And that wasn't my vote on SHAD0Wdump. I was voting him long before that. That was a continuation of the same vote in contrast to the blue. So that's not even a good point. And because he's scummy. If it's not a policy to lynch people that are being scummy, you and I are playing vastly different games.

Pretty decent, I'd say, especially for how busy Thursdays are for me.

So... you're admitting you did scummy things that make you scum, and are making no attempts to deny them.  Nor are you refuting any of my points.
Even if you think you are being scummy, calling yourself out on it is never helpful... :-\

Your arguments aren't original.  I'm quite sure everyone has noticed those points by the time you posted them.
What's funny about this is that your attack here isn't original either. People have already been pointing out a number of people's copied attacks, including Leafsnail's IIRC.

So it looks like you're doing exactly what you say is scummy. Again.

And again, if I get scum lynched today, that's all that really matters.  I guess I could poke vague attacks and questions at twelve different people ŕ la Janus, but then my attacks cease to have any real weight.
Or you could attack no one with any real weight. I'm sure that'll work...

Don't think it will actually get more activity. Weekends tend to die down a fair bit. Better to have the nights fall over weekends if we can.

The Whiteboard
KaminaSquirtle: Leafsnail, Org, Ottofar, SHAD0Wdump
SHAD0Wdump: Criptfeind, JanusTwoface, Jim Groovester, Pandarsenic, Toaster
This bothers me. Kamina is being voted by Org (With his reputation for being useless. He was doing better for a bit, but not so much anymore).  Ottofar (With one post which added just copied Org for crying out loud). SHAD0Wdump (scumpie a la mode, and unapologetic about it). Leafsnail (Probably the best player of the bunch, which is scary).

I'm not sure exactly how to phrase why this bugs me so much, but it really does. It's late, going to sleep on it see if it makes more sense in the morning.

Overall (in no particular order within category) I'd say that
- SHAD0Wdump, Org, and Ottofar are scummiest
- Zathras, KaminaSquirtle, Leafsnail, and Mr.Person are semi-scummy
- Jim Groovester, Toaster, webadict, and Criptfeind are probably innocent
- Pandarsenic, Mysteriousbluepuppet, Mith, and Eduren I don't have enough to get a good read on

TO ALL LURKERS
For the love of *insert whatever you believe in here*
PLEASE DON'T JOIN GAMES IF YOU'RE NOT GOING TO PLAY THEM.
>:(
YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE

that is all
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: November 12, 2010, 03:02:54 am »

You talk about policy lynches way too much man. And this is a role heavy game in particular. You could be frying good town roles with this attitude.
 Now, you could be just honestly too holed up in this crusade-ish playstyle to care about that. But if that is not the case you are making a scum play that can hide your true intention of getting off easy town lynches under this guise.
 I can only see such 'policy lynches' and meta game being harmful to this whole thing, so for the sake of meta, hypocrisy, and hopefully redemption I'm changing my vote Janus.

Stop ruining the game. Yes, I'm kinda ruining the game, but I'll count this as a lesson learned. Meanwhile I think I'll launch a crusade against you.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: November 12, 2010, 03:21:24 am »

Hey Janus, did you see a chain? Or the other way around?
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia - Round 17 - Day 1
« Reply #322 on: November 12, 2010, 03:50:51 am »

From this list, I feel I must prod ToonyMan, Ottofar & Eduren. Dudes! Come out here and play, or you'll be hanged for lurking. No excuses! Please answer: what are your opinions of the game so far, why have you been lurking, and who are your top scumpicks.
Like I said in my other post, I prefer the lynch all WIFOMers policy. However, this becomes harder to defend when lynching an SS has some detriment to town. In a normal WIFOM situation, a lynch can be easily used on them because the only negative consequence is a wasted lynch. I'm not sure if I want to call for SHADOW's head yet, but maybe after some more questioning.

I haven't had the time needed to devote to this because of some schoolwork (and a party in the middle of the week, college ftw). I can try to stay more active but if it comes down to it, I could call for a replacement.

I honestly don't know, its hard for me to form suspicions if I'm not part of the conversation, which is what I plan on doing before the day ends.

Ooh, I just can't wait to see people's reactions when I go stiff.

But yeah, this is a particular reason I don't tend to play mafia, it just doesn't work. However if I had restrained myself to the three a day thing I might have been able to survive... actually probably not, you'd all probably turn rampant anyway.

I might consider trying another game while more strictly retaining myself to three words max per post, because otherwise it ends up in everyone going ballistic and lynching me. I mean, gotta try something right?
Why the hell can't you play a normal game? You can't be that bad. As town its not that hard to be helpful, and it is very anti-town to be so hell-bent on survival. If you truly are town (or any alignment for that matter), then I suggest joining the DMA mafia, it is really designed for people like you to build some skills.

Jim: There are a few things bothering me about you.

Here is where you voted SHADOW. You didn't really give your reasons for voting him, you simply agreed with Pandar. Now, you obviously were suspicious of him beforehand, but what were your reasons for voting him? And you haven't really commented on his behavior since. You almost seem to be avoiding him. So has his recent behavior changed your opinions in any way from your original ones?

And along a similar vein, you have been expressing suspicion of Zathras for quite some time now, even going so far as to call him your Day 2 target. But it seems to me that you have much stronger feelings about Zathras than you do SHADOW. Why are you comfortable with riding the consensus rather than your suspicions?
I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: November 12, 2010, 04:17:02 am »

When Zathras asked me what my scumpicks were I listed SHADOWdump straight at the top. Deliberate WIFOM and an implicit scum claim beat out normal scum play any day. I waited to vote for him because I was wrangling with whether or not it was a good idea to lynch him. What Pandarsenic said convinced me to go ahead and cast my vote.

If you want an explicit statement of my reasons for voting him, I'll gladly give them to you. I voted SHADOWdump because I was certain he was scum of some sort, but the question remained whether or not lynching him was a good idea. Ultimately, even if SHADOWdump is a Spore Spreader, the town doesn't lose all that much with his lynch and has a pretty good chance of catching some other kind of scum that tried to do some kind of fake claim. (He hasn't actually claimed Spore Spreader, but he went along with it so that's good enough for me.) I'd rather not wait for power roles that may or may not be in the game to deal with him when he could be dealt with right now.

If it appears I suspect Zathras more than SHADOWdump, that's only because I'm pretty damn certain about SHADOWdump and I'm trying to work at Zathras. Since I'm trying to get something out of Zathras, I'm going to have to talk more about him, and the level of hostility and suspicion is just going to increase the more he doesn't respond to me.

On the other hand, there's barely anything to talk about with SHADOWdump. It's pretty cut and dry, and he's not really talking and anything he says can't be trusted, so I'm not really expending too much effort trying to get him to squeal. I haven't been ignoring him though; I told him to bandwagon webadict at his own question to see if he would follow through with it, the idea being that he would reveal who his scumbuddies were by who he was and was not willing to lynch. The coward didn't of course, and I asked him why. He ignored me. Whatever.

Does that answer your questions? Probably a bit more verbose reply than necessary, but I seem to be typing up several paragraphs every once in a while in this game anyway.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: November 12, 2010, 04:23:24 am »

I haven't been ignoring him though; I told him to bandwagon webadict at his own question to see if he would follow through with it, the idea being that he would reveal who his scumbuddies were by who he was and was not willing to lynch. The coward didn't of course, and I asked him why. He ignored me. Whatever.
I was sleeping.

The reason I didn't is... well look at that, meta... At the moment, Web scares me. But on contemplation this seems to be either just his scheduling, but if not it may just be a new playstyle he decided to try out.
 Meanwhile, there's other stuff going on, and I'd rather not go for the challenge of figuring out just exactly what Web is doing right away. I think that's something best saved for the next day sequence.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: November 12, 2010, 04:27:27 am »

Then why'd you ask to bandwagon him, scumthroat?

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: November 12, 2010, 04:34:35 am »

It was a joke, lighten up...

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: November 12, 2010, 04:35:47 am »

The important question is this: What is SHAD0Wdump trying to draw our attention away from?
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: November 12, 2010, 04:50:20 am »

It was a joke, lighten up...

lol sure dude

Don't you know that mafia is srs bsns?

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: November 12, 2010, 04:54:50 am »

When Zathras asked me what my scumpicks were I listed SHADOWdump straight at the top. Deliberate WIFOM and an implicit scum claim beat out normal scum play any day. I waited to vote for him because I was wrangling with whether or not it was a good idea to lynch him. What Pandarsenic said convinced me to go ahead and cast my vote.

If you want an explicit statement of my reasons for voting him, I'll gladly give them to you. I voted SHADOWdump because I was certain he was scum of some sort, but the question remained whether or not lynching him was a good idea. Ultimately, even if SHADOWdump is a Spore Spreader, the town doesn't lose all that much with his lynch and has a pretty good chance of catching some other kind of scum that tried to do some kind of fake claim. (He hasn't actually claimed Spore Spreader, but he went along with it so that's good enough for me.) I'd rather not wait for power roles that may or may not be in the game to deal with him when he could be dealt with right now.

If it appears I suspect Zathras more than SHADOWdump, that's only because I'm pretty damn certain about SHADOWdump and I'm trying to work at Zathras. Since I'm trying to get something out of Zathras, I'm going to have to talk more about him, and the level of hostility and suspicion is just going to increase the more he doesn't respond to me.

On the other hand, there's barely anything to talk about with SHADOWdump. It's pretty cut and dry, and he's not really talking and anything he says can't be trusted, so I'm not really expending too much effort trying to get him to squeal. I haven't been ignoring him though; I told him to bandwagon webadict at his own question to see if he would follow through with it, the idea being that he would reveal who his scumbuddies were by who he was and was not willing to lynch. The coward didn't of course, and I asked him why. He ignored me. Whatever.

Does that answer your questions? Probably a bit more verbose reply than necessary, but I seem to be typing up several paragraphs every once in a while in this game anyway.
I suppose that's sufficient. Unvote. A parting question though: Are either Zathras or SHADOW redeemable in your eyes? Or are you totally convinced?
I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 66