Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 66

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia - Round 17 - Game Over!  (Read 230066 times)

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia - Round 17 - Replacement Found
« Reply #360 on: November 12, 2010, 07:23:32 pm »

This better, Toaster?
For that line alone, no.

More seriously, you're wrong. The commentary on Webadict's playstyle points towards him being scummy or busy (right now, probably the latter; you're correct that it's not stated explicitly).
This actually made me laugh out loud.  You won't even make an accusation when you're trying to deny that you aren't making any accusation.

The comments back to Mr.Person are calling anyone scum, but are directly pertinent to SHAD0Wdump's impending lynch.  The point on Ottofar was for more than lurking, what little he has is copying Org of all people.
And yet you made no accusation with either of these.  You don't particularly think SHADOWdump is scum - it's just a policylynch.  And yeah, I aknowledged that you made a tiny little point about Ottofar that everyone will forget and which you will never talk about again.

And that wasn't my vote on SHAD0Wdump. I was voting him long before that. That was a continuation of the same vote in contrast to the blue. So that's not even a good point. And because he's scummy. If it's not a policy to lynch people that are being scummy, you and I are playing vastly different games.
SHAD0Wdump, you have a chance to prove yourself useful. If you have anything that would make it more costly than helpful to lynch us, now would be a good time to share it. Or even to delay your lynch until tomorrow. With all the crap you've been spewing, it is going to have to be awesome.
This is NOT the vote of someone voting someone for being scum.  This is most certainly a policylynch.

If you thought he were scum, you woudn't be asking him to help town, or offering to delay his lynch.  So you've now added "contradictory thinking" to your list of scumtells.

So... you're admitting you did scummy things that make you scum, and are making no attempts to deny them.  Nor are you refuting any of my points.
Even if you think you are being scummy, calling yourself out on it is never helpful... :-\
Misattributed.  And did you mean to post this in the scumchat or something?  It makes no sense.

Or you could attack no one with any real weight. I'm sure that'll work...
Yeah, I could.  But that's not how I go.

This bothers me. Kamina is being voted by Org (With his reputation for being useless. He was doing better for a bit, but not so much anymore).  Ottofar (With one post which added just copied Org for crying out loud). SHAD0Wdump (scumpie a la mode, and unapologetic about it). Leafsnail (Probably the best player of the bunch, which is scary).
Doesn't really say anything.  The ability of a player is independant from their chance of being scum.

Not buddying: assessing. Your early game was scummy, and you were rightfully called for it. You later posted useful hunting, which redeemed some past misdeed in my eyes, but I find Leafsnail's insistence on you to be insufficiently justified, and therefore scummy (when added to his other behaviour). I explicitly don't buddy you or call you town; you're inexperienced, so I cut you some slack for that on your earlier behaviour, but your getting better could be getting better as town, or getting better as scum acting town. The second would be less improbable if you're getting good advice via scumchat, so you're still suspect in my eyes, but not as far up the list as the half-dozen others I point out.
"Waffle waffle waffle waffle don't like attack waffle waffle waffle waffle passivity waffle waffle waffle refusal to commit".

Saying things like "Will this do?" and contorting in order to win favour from other players is "mending your ways"?  Wow.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: November 12, 2010, 07:51:50 pm »

Zath.
Why am I on your scum list, even if only medium?

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie thinks you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: November 12, 2010, 07:58:01 pm »

Zath. Why am I on your scum list, even if only medium?

Mostly because I can't read you, so I think you scummy as default unless I have reasons to think otherwise. You have been more helpful than usual, even posting paragraphs at a time, which is great, but it adds to my confusion, as you're not being usual Org (neither usual Town Org nor usual Scum Org).

...so I guess you're on my list because you confuse me. Not precisely an overwhelming case, but that's why you're on the "medium" section, and not the "top picks" section. But regardless of alignment, I like this Org better than what I've seen in other games.
My soul has been freed by the King of the Mafia.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: November 12, 2010, 08:08:54 pm »

PPE:
Pandar, how auspicious of you to show up as I'm thinking of you. To answer your question: yes, I do. I think lurking kills games and hurts town, so I feel justified. We've had this discussion elsewhere, so you should know my feelings on it, yes? So why do you ask? Do you think I am misguided and should change my opinion, or are you just looking for a non-threatening non-Pandar topic of conversation to not seem lurky yet avoiding actual scumhunting?

Nope, just wanted to see your answer. I find it satisfactory. But now, a different question:
Do you think you'll catch scum lurking? Are you attempting to galvanize lurky town into action? Some combination thereof? Something else entirely?
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie thinks you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: November 12, 2010, 08:18:25 pm »

Nope, just wanted to see your answer. I find it satisfactory. But now, a different question:
Do you think you'll catch scum lurking? Are you attempting to galvanize lurky town into action? Some combination thereof? Something else entirely?

Galvanise lurking town into action is right; if they do, then it makes catching scum lurking easier. Those are not two goals, are two sides of the same coin. But I also don't want the mistaken impression that my every thought is about lurkers to be perpetuated; it will help better catch scum like MBP, sure, but I'm also interested in your and Toaster's not-lurky-but-still-untownish play, Wuba for reasons I've given, and I'm unconvinced about Leafsnail.

But the day is over; it'll have to wait.

My soul has been freed by the King of the Mafia.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: November 12, 2010, 08:21:34 pm »

Zath. Why am I on your scum list, even if only medium?

Mostly because I can't read you, so I think you scummy as default unless I have reasons to think otherwise. You have been more helpful than usual, even posting paragraphs at a time, which is great, but it adds to my confusion, as you're not being usual Org (neither usual Town Org nor usual Scum Org).

...so I guess you're on my list because you confuse me. Not precisely an overwhelming case, but that's why you're on the "medium" section, and not the "top picks" section. But regardless of alignment, I like this Org better than what I've seen in other games.
Lame reason is lame.

KaminaSquirtle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: November 12, 2010, 09:55:33 pm »

This better, Toaster?
For that line alone, no.
O really?
Asking a more experienced player what he thought of my scumhunt so far makes my entire argument invalid?  Pleasing Toaster didn't even factor into my decision to do better scumhunting.  What did is that I want to actually y'know, contribute.
Why wouldn't I throw that in?  I did better, and might as well answer a comment aimed at me.
Maybe I should just ignore it every time someone makes a comment about me, and never mention it even though it is relevant to what I just posted.
Yeah.  That would definitely be the best way to go. ::)
Leafsnail:
Your current actions aren't any better than your past ones, though.  That's the thing.
(That was about Kamina). I disagree, he did drop several tells earlier, but has mended his ways and made a seemingly honest effort to hunt. Your fixation on him with circumstancial/flimsy evidence (on his current behaviour, the earlier was justified) sounds hollow to me and a screen to avoid doing something else.
It almost feels like you're tying to buddy me here.  You reiterate points made in the past by others, but to what end?  What do you intend to get out of it, Zathras?
Not buddying: assessing. Your early game was scummy, and you were rightfully called for it. You later posted useful hunting, which redeemed some past misdeed in my eyes, but I find Leafsnail's insistence on you to be insufficiently justified, and therefore scummy (when added to his other behaviour). I explicitly don't buddy you or call you town; you're inexperienced, so I cut you some slack for that on your earlier behaviour, but your getting better could be getting better as town, or getting better as scum acting town. The second would be less improbable if you're getting good advice via scumchat, so you're still suspect in my eyes, but not as far up the list as the half-dozen others I point out.
Really?  I guess I can't complain about being low on your list, but I don't like how everything you post is so... how can put it?  It's like you're trying to keep everyone happy or something.  And that seems like you're more interested in that than scumhunting.

Actually, I think you're going for lurkers not only because they're easy and unsuspicious to go for, but also because attacking them doesn't put you in the spotlight, or make you controversial.  It's something everyone can agree on, lynching lurkers.

It's like you're lurkhunting, not scumhunting.
My vote remains on webadict, for the reasons at the top of this post; I'm OK with a Shadowdump lynch if that's what people want, but it still feels like a waste. I understand why people don't want to extend, and I'm OK with that too.
You seem to be OK with a lot of things, but not feel strongly about anything but lurkers and wuba.  Why so neutral about most things?
Not "a lot of things". Two things: I'm OK with lynching Shadow because he's scummy enough to have earned it, I just think that we're letting stronger targets go by focusing on the low-hanging fruit. I'm also OK with not extending, as it would be better if night happens over the weekend rather than low-traffic discussion for three days, then locking for a day or two for night. Faster games are funner games, in my opinion. Strong opinions on other matters? Mostly because I've been busy, so I've only been able to focus on a couple, and in larger games one tends to grab onto a couple of threads and pull strongly on them, rather than spread oneself too thin. That said, I have scum suspicions on Toaster and Pandar, mostly due to their laying-low game so far, but I've been unable to dig deeper as of yet.
I would like to see these suspicions followed up by pressure.  Saying you're going to do something is great and all, but I'm not going to account for it until you actually do it.  And I haven't seen much scumhunting from you.

Mish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: November 12, 2010, 11:42:49 pm »

I think Shadow is the scummiest, and wouldn't be surprised if he flipped either SS or Scum, but if he is SS he is smart in a way (getting himself lynched) but he would be taking way too much town scumhunting time, leaving scum at a higher chance of victory, as an SS I would play like a townie until town victory seems certain, then get myself lynched.

Personally I think we should leave shadow for the day and gamble slightly on there being a xenozoologist.

Now for my vote I have to say Mysteriousbluepuppet, where was your promised big post?

And JTF: About your reason, I don't buy it, you wanted to start conversation? Well if you are town doing that then you will of attracted attention to attacking a townie, instead of scum, I'm watching you but there are far scummier people to attack first.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: November 13, 2010, 01:12:39 am »

The Whiteboard
JanusTwoface: SHAD0Wdump
KaminaSquirtle: Leafsnail, Org, Ottofar
Mysteriousbluepuppet: Mish
SHAD0Wdump: Criptfeind, JanusTwoface, Jim Groovester, Pandarsenic, Toaster
Mish: Mysteriousbluepuppet
Toaster: webadict
Zathras: KaminaSquirtle
webadict: Mr.Person, Zathras

Looking at the results of the Whiteboard Janustwo face picks up the old shotgun lying on the center table.

"Sorry, Shadow, time's up."

SHAD0Wdump starts cursing, and his last words are "I hope you..." before the shotgun blast silences him forever.

You all look down at the body. You'd expect...something to happen. But, no, it just lies there bleeding all over the place.

You then decide to go check out his house. Once inside you find some books on the occult and ways to improve psychic powers. Based on some notebooks he had on his desk, it seems he was a Telepath, able to read people's minds.

Huh. Guess he wasn't too good at it yet.

In any case, you all head off to your homes. Hopefully you'll all survive the night.

Night 1 has fallen. It will go until ~5pm Pacific Monday.

Send in your actions!
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia - Round 17 - Night 1
« Reply #369 on: November 16, 2010, 08:55:54 pm »

Sorry for the delay, guys. Got absolutely *swamped* at work the past few days and haven't had the time and energy to do the write-ups.

So I've asked Jokerman to do it. Hopefully he'll get it done soon. If not, I'll see if I can't get it done sometime tonight or tomorrow morning.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia - Round 17 - Night 1
« Reply #370 on: November 17, 2010, 06:07:23 pm »

You all leave your homes and gather in the town square, anxious for each other’s safety and curious as to what happened in the night. As you all arrive, however, you realize that some of your number have not joined you: Criptfeind and Org are absent.

The first stop is Criptfeind’s house. The door is standing slightly ajar, which is both curious and ominous. When the door is fully opened, the grisly scene of a murder greets your eyes: Criptfeind lays on his face, a hole blasted in the back of his skull. The charred edges of the wound have long since stopped giving off blood, as it is all over the floor.

You step past his corpse and explore his house. Inside you find the various books and materials necessary for Criptfeind’s apparent trade as a Medium. Looks like he’ll be talking to the dead from their side now.

Next you head to Org’s home, a few minutes away. All seems fine from outside, but a quick walk around shows that the back window has been broken into. Alarm building, you break down Org’s door to find his body slumped against a wall, body and wall both riddled with large bullet holes. The blood is very fresh here, and his body is almost still warm. This was a very recent kill, a thought that instills a lot of fear and distrust in your heart.

A quick glance around proves that Org was also a Medium. At least Criptfeind won’t be lonely.

You have lost two members of your town, both human. Your fear grows; who do you trust now?

Day 2 has started. It will go until ~5pm Pacific Friday

Thanks to Jokerman for doing our flavor write-ups for the night.
Come play Mafia with us!

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia - Round 17 - Day 2 dances with the dead
« Reply #371 on: November 17, 2010, 06:09:24 pm »

Weelllll at least we don't have to worry about Medium fakeclaims. That counts for something.

I don't even know what to say but "What the fuck Shad0wdump," because he apparently did his best to ruin Day 1. -.-
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: November 17, 2010, 06:11:45 pm »

So, Exterminator killed Criptfeind, Org got Assassin Bot'd, Dopps got blocked?

I think that's how it went down.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: November 17, 2010, 06:15:19 pm »

I don't even know what to say but "What the fuck Shad0wdump," because he apparently did his best to ruin Day 1. -.-
You could say I was a bit... Mental...

But really, this game sucks. At least for me.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: November 17, 2010, 06:16:44 pm »

Bullets are vigs, aren't they?  Anyway, now we're done with our policy lynch, can we lynch obvscum JanusTwoFace or Kaminasquirtle today?
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 66