Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 66

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia - Round 17 - Game Over!  (Read 231570 times)

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia - Round 17 - Day 2 dances with the dead
« Reply #435 on: November 19, 2010, 02:43:35 am »

It's bothering me.

Unvote.

Zathras. Since I'm still not impressed by anything he's done so far I am returning to the default stance towards him of voting his scummy ass.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: November 19, 2010, 04:03:05 am »

Actually Janus, you and me having a miscommunication. Leafsnail's trying to get the player he thinks is scummy lynched. I want to know why that's scummy. You've said "Tunneling". I've responded with "Tunneling isn't scummy". You said "Yeah it is". We've had a bit of a miscommunication. When I say "tunneling", I thought you meant "trying to get another player lynched" or perhaps "attacking another player for minor shit". What you actually meant was "attack another player in the face of dissuading evidence". There is no dissuading evidence for Leafsnail to ignore.

But ok, if you're not scum, who is? Who should Leafsnail be attacking? Actually, I'll drop the metaphor. Who should we all be attacking?
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie thinks you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: November 19, 2010, 05:19:52 am »

Webadict:
Web:  After you voted me, I asked you why, and you never answered me.
I suppose then I didn't. But now I'm gonna have to make up for that.
And yet, you didn't. It's after Tuesday, and you're still not playing your town game. I still think you scummy.
So, you think I'm suspicious for not playing in a manner you're accustomed to? That's a crying shame. I'll play how I want, really.

You do that -- play how you want, I'll vote who I want; your play is scummy and noncommittal. You are scum.

Pandarsenic:
Pandarsenic:
You've been activelurking the entire game. Posting, but not doing any hunting. What are your interpretations of the night's happenings and flavour? Who are your top scummy picks? What are your current reads on Leafsnail, Kamina and Toaster?

Baldrick has a plan is a pretty cool guy, eh hunts solely lrukers so he doesn't have to actually analyze people's content and doesn't afraid of anything,

I note that you didn't answer the question. Once again, you have done zero hunting the entire game. The question was important, the dopps didn't kill last night, and you seem to have no opinion on the matter. Although it is probably too early in the game to start poking into roles and actions, my limited time on line leaves me little choice: I know for a fact you were roleblocked last night. And the dopps didn't kill. Curious, yes? Feel like fakeclaiming something?

However, this point, curiously made by both of them, is accurate:

Also, does it really bother nobody that Zathras isn't analyzing anyone who's actually posting frequently on account of his "All Lurkers, All the Time" polcy?

Quote from: webadict
But, since we're talking about playstyles, you've forgotten who's playing twice, you're attacking lurkers, and then you're lurking, which means you're scum. Clearly, you'll have to vote yourself for not playing your usual town game. Dur.

Yes. It pains me to say that I have been unusually busy this week, and it will likely continue for at least another week or more. With that in mind, I see no choice but to ask Mephansteras: I need a replacement, please.

It saddens me this is the case, as I had been waiting a long time for this game, however I do not at the moment have enough time to do it justice, so it would only be fair for someone else to step in. I will continue to play as opportunity allows until a replacement is found. Sorry guys, some times real life does interfere.
My soul has been freed by the King of the Mafia.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: November 19, 2010, 09:03:15 am »

Now that's an interesting claim.  I went back and reviewed Pandar's posts, and I'm inclined to believe it.

Pandar:  I read over all your posts.  Around half of them had the content equivalent of "Herp derp."  Beyond that, you make comments defending your lurking, a very weak attack toward Cript that waffles into uselessness, and attacking Zath for a single minded lurker focus, which is interestingly targeted at you.  You've posted nothing of any real substance, and anyone can look at the LurkerTracker to see you being useless.

What do you have to say to Zath's claim?  Who do you suspect, and why?

Janus:  Mmm, ok.  I can't see anything scummy in your answer.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: November 19, 2010, 09:56:57 am »

After gym. I promise.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
Re: Paranormal Mafia - Round 17 - Replacement Needed
« Reply #440 on: November 19, 2010, 01:28:17 pm »

Actually Janus, you and me having a miscommunication. Leafsnail's trying to get the player he thinks is scummy lynched. I want to know why that's scummy. You've said "Tunneling". I've responded with "Tunneling isn't scummy". You said "Yeah it is". We've had a bit of a miscommunication. When I say "tunneling", I thought you meant "trying to get another player lynched" or perhaps "attacking another player for minor shit". What you actually meant was "attack another player in the face of dissuading evidence". There is no dissuading evidence for Leafsnail to ignore.
Say what now?  You specifically said tunneling:

Really now, tunneling became scummy? When did that happen? Last I checked, tunneling was a towny action to lynch a player he/she is sure is scum, or if you're ToonyMan, to put pressure on that player so you can figure out that player's alignment.

And I still think that Leafsnail is tunneling strictly by the definition I gave.  He's focussed on getting one/two players lynched without actually looking at evidence.

But ok, if you're not scum, who is? Who should Leafsnail be attacking? Actually, I'll drop the metaphor. Who should we all be attacking?
If I knew for sure, then I'd be doing everything in my power to make sure they were lynched. It's not my job to tell you who to attack. If you're town, do your own scumhunting. If you're scum, don't so we can lynch you all the easier.

Update on my scummitude list:
- Ottofar, Leafsnail, Mr.Person, Pandarsenic, and Zathras are the scummiest
- Mysteriousbluepuppet, Mith, and Eduren are next, although I can't get a read on them if they don't post more
- Jim Groovester, Toaster, and webadict are probably innocent

Yes. It pains me to say that I have been unusually busy this week, and it will likely continue for at least another week or more. With that in mind, I see no choice but to ask Mephansteras: I need a replacement, please.
The sad thing is that even requesting a replacement, you're not even in the bottom quartile of activity.  On the other hand, the difference is that you're usually more active.

Based on your evidence though, unvote, vote Pandarsenic. Give a good reason why we shouldn't believe Zathras' explination of last night.

After gym. I promise.
I'll believe it when I see it. It's already been over 3 hours and there's not *that* many left in the day. Luckily for you, Pandarsenic has direct evidence on him. Be back to you later.
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: November 19, 2010, 02:47:06 pm »

The Whiteboard
JanusTwoface: Leafsnail, Mr.Person
KaminaSquirtle: Ottofar, Toaster
Mysteriousbluepuppet: Mish
Ottofar: KaminaSquirtle
Pandarsenic: JanusTwoFace, Toaster, Zathras
Zathras: Jim Groovester

Day ends ~5pm Pacific Today
Quote from: Solifuge
Jokerman + Solifuge 4 Ever. // <3 <3 <3
Quote from: Org
Derpa  herp // Derpy derp derp herp derp
Quote from: Toaster
BLARG IM DED

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: November 19, 2010, 02:49:48 pm »

Shit, you're kidding.

Unvote. Talk fast, Pandarsenic.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: November 19, 2010, 02:52:09 pm »

Shit, you're kidding.

No sir. Four votes get an extension, though.
BLARG IM DED

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: November 19, 2010, 02:55:09 pm »

Extend to weekend.
I'll make a post now.

KaminaSquirtle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: November 19, 2010, 02:55:47 pm »

After gym. I promise.
I still don't see it, and the day is nearly over.
Better start contributing soon, the lurking you and MBP (and probably others too) have been doing is insane.  Even though Zathras has asked for a replacement, I'd still like a lurkertracker report.  Whatever else you may say about it, that thing is handy.

And yes, extension.  Plenty of people haven't even posted today yet.
Extend to weekend.
I'll make a post now.
Ninja'd.  Better be good.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: November 19, 2010, 02:56:07 pm »

Extension.

Fucking lurkers.

I want to hear Pandarsenic's explanation. If it satisfies me, I recommend we start lynching lurkers. There's no excuse.

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: November 19, 2010, 02:58:39 pm »

Three votes for extension heard (damn, that was fast). One vote required to extend Day until ~5pm Pacific Monday.
BLARG IM DED

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: November 19, 2010, 03:03:52 pm »

I'll take an extension so we can get some answers out of certain people.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: November 19, 2010, 03:05:20 pm »

Four votes heard. Day extended to 5pm Pacific Monday.
BLARG IM DED
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 66