Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 66

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia - Round 17 - Game Over!  (Read 230016 times)

Argembarger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Not quite yet
Re: Paranormal Mafia - Round 17 - 2 Replacement Needed
« Reply #465 on: November 19, 2010, 11:39:38 pm »

Hey guys I'm totally Eduren and not Argembarger

(Mephansteras advised me to read Paranormal Mafias 15 and 16 (I've read 13 and 14) to make myself familiar with updates to the system, so if I don't make a legit post for a bit, it's because I'm doing that. Plus I'll probably have to reread this one because I will have forgotten most of what happened in this thread after reading through two separate mafia games.)
Quote from: penguinofhonor
Quote from: miauw62
This guy needs to write a biography about Columbus. I would totally buy it.
I can see it now.

trying to make a different's: the life of Columbus

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie thinks you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia - Round 17 - Day 2 dances with the dead
« Reply #466 on: November 19, 2010, 11:45:39 pm »

Regarding being blocked, I've no night action, but received a PM about feeling dizzy then sleeping.

So you don't deny being roleblocked on the night the Dopps didn't kill. Good. I also notice you volunteered "I've no night action" unprompted; an unneeded roleclaim this early stinks of a fakeclaim. What are you claiming? A town-aligned role with no night actions, right? That would be.... a Vanilla Townie (heh, no, not suspicious at all), or a mindbogglingly improbable third townie medium, yes? Are there any other? Only an enchanter (which could be either alignment!) or an alien survivor (which is also scum) have no night actions; even a war vet has a don't-shoot night action available.

Given that you volunteered "no night action", I say this is an utterly scummy VT fakeclaim, and you should hang. Proof: If you were a VT or an Enchanter (whose vote counts double), or indeed any possible "no night action" role in a role-heavy game, your only power would be in the day play; to find that scum through hunting and placing your vote carefully; others can be lackluster at this and still be somewhat useful because they have a night action, but a VT or Enchanter has no choice but to play a strong day game. Has your day game been strong? No, it has been abysmal. There's no chance in hell you have "no night action", which means your claim is fake and you are the scum who was prevented from killing last night.

Hang.
My soul has been freed by the King of the Mafia.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: November 19, 2010, 11:50:20 pm »

Zathras, what was the nature of the role block?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: November 19, 2010, 11:54:40 pm »

Pandar:  Two things stick out to me with your last post.  First, you made a BS post in response to Zath voting you in the first place.  Only when he has an actual claim of hard evidence against you do you finally come out with a strong accusation, something you haven't done all day.  Second, of the four people who wanted to hear from you, there are three votes and one FOS.  Your accusation comes against the person being voted by the single FOS- you follow my vote on Kamina.  You're trying to convince me to keep my vote where it is.

Let's see how well that works...

Unvote.  Vote Pandarsenic.

Oops.  Not well at all.

Time to hang, dopp.

Kamina, we can work with you tomorrow.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: November 20, 2010, 12:11:55 am »

Zathras/Zathras' Replacement, since you're willing to reveal that Pandarsenic was roleblocked, what was the nature of the roleblock?

Okay, cool. A simple question, completely ignored.

Zathras is scum.

The flavor of Pandarsenic's role block is not the flavor of a Psychic Warden. Even though he thinks it's erroneous, I don't believe that it is. The only other explanation for the role block is a Stun Orb, which is a tech item only available to aliens.

Therefore, Zathras is an alien, I'm guessing on the Exterminator team.

Unvote.

Zathras. Pandarsenic could very well be a dopp and could very well have been roleblocked, but Zathras is guaranteed scum.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: November 20, 2010, 12:18:59 am »

It was a psychic block, as seen by his "dizzy, then sleep" flavour. It is not my time to roleclaim; it was good information, as confirmed by Pandar. What it means is up to each voter to decide, when added to his (or my) play D1 and D2. I do think his unprompted, voluntary claim of "no night actions" seals the case, though. There's no way that's not a fakeclaim.

PPE: Dude, you posted that 20 minutes ago, on a Friday night... itchy trigger finger much? What makes you think the flavour is not a warden's? But you vote who you wish.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: November 20, 2010, 12:21:09 am »

The Psychic Warden flavor is feeling restrained as if by invisible chains.

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: November 20, 2010, 12:25:53 am »

[citation needed]

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: November 20, 2010, 12:26:48 am »

The chains thing is even in the Action PM of the person who does the block.

You are
            a liar.

[citation needed]

Nice try.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: November 20, 2010, 12:38:06 am »

[citation needed]

Since you asked.

Spoiler: Receiving Warden Block (click to show/hide)

You should do research into the role you want to fake claim before you do it.

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: November 20, 2010, 12:42:12 am »

Yes, the PM on the sending side did include visualisations of chains and binding; how he read it on the receiving side, I have no idea nor any control over it. To me it makes sense that it would make you sleepy, just as much as it makes sense that he is misreporting it as a screen... but I don't write the flavour. It was my word against his from the beginning, so vote your conscience; the record will show the truth.

It remains indisputably true that he was roleblocked the night the Dopps didn't kill, and that he tried to weasel out of it with a very flimsy fakeclaim. Make of the flavour what you will.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: November 20, 2010, 12:44:51 am »

I don't think anyone's going to believe you, especially since you didn't know that the Psychic Warden's flavor always includes descriptions of chains.

But seriously, nice try.

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: November 20, 2010, 12:51:01 am »

After scarfing down a sandwich you start gathering your things. You'll need to be careful if you're to discover what Solifuge is up to without him catching you at it.

But as you start going through your drawer you feel a strange sensation. A tightening around you, as if invisible chains had wrapped themselves around you. You stand up and struggle against the chains, trying in vain to break the paralysis settling into your muscles. But it is no use. Your struggles grow weaker, and your thoughts begin to slow.

Then, as you are slumping against your desk, you see the door open. You can only look on with bemusement as Jokerman steps through and rises an Uzi in your direction. The bullets barely even hurt, and your mind has slipped into darkness before you even hit the floor.

You have died, and your soul slips off to limbo: http://www.quicktopic.com/44/H/e3ZygJ2vpRuY

Hehe. I remember that night.
Quote from: Solifuge
Jokerman + Solifuge 4 Ever. // <3 <3 <3
Quote from: Org
Derpa  herp // Derpy derp derp herp derp
Quote from: Toaster
BLARG IM DED

KaminaSquirtle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia - Round 17 - Day 2 dances with the dead
« Reply #478 on: November 20, 2010, 12:51:25 am »

KaminaSquirtle: A mix of scumtell/nubtells, Spasticness, and what I'd have said is a NON-scumtell OMGUS. An OMGUS is most suspicious when it's hesitant. However, he IMMEDIATELY drops it when called on it... then puts an OMGUS on Ottofar. He then goes "Hey, ALL LURKERS ALL THE TIME works for Zathras, I should try it since I can't seem to actually make good attacks on players who do things!"
I know this is going to sound like a bit of a stretch, but I believe I'm onto something here.  Firstly, I can see how a townie would vote me.  I've done quite a stupid amount of things.

But, it seems that quite a few of the scummier people are voting me.  This leads me to believe that they want to lynch me.  This is understandable, I seem like an easy lynch at the moment.  However, here's the rub- every time I vote someone scummy, they can immediately say that I'm just OMGUSing.

Something feels off about this game.  Some people are mostly ignoring me, while others are practically tunneling me.  I just don't like it.  It seems like everywhere I turn, someone scummy is voting me, and not letting me get a chance to get any ideas off the ground.

In fact, I'm willing to bet if I unvoted Otto and voted you instead, someone would jump on me for OMGUSing, and tell me to stop waffling around, despite new evidence presenting itself.  I could see a accusation of bandwagoning too.

Where did you get this ALL LURKERS ALL THE TIME thing from?  I post a few posts about lurkers, and suddenly that's all I ever do?

I would vote you, but see below.

Warning - while you were typing 5 new replies have been posted. You may wish to review your post.

Woah, I think you have something there Jim.
A most interesting development indeed.
So do you think Pandar is scum, and Zathras blocked him as exterminator, or that Pandar is innocent?
And if that was a morning kill, then the exterminator killed both Org and Cript.  I find that quite the interesting choice.  Quite strange, wasting an assassin bot on Org of all people.
But I suppose that's just a pile of WIFOM anyway.  Just seems a strange choice to me.

Warning - while you were typing 6 new replies have been posted. You may wish to review your post.
Woah, that's some serious evidence.
I believe Pandar to be scum, but I'd rather lynch an Exterminator than a dopp.  From what I can tell exterminators are more dangerous than dopp, correct?
Unvote.
Vote Zathras.

Warning - while you were typing 9 new replies have been posted. You may wish to review your post.
Argh this is crazy.

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: November 20, 2010, 12:51:56 am »

[citation needed]
Since you asked.

Thanks. Do note the bolded sections, and how Pandar wasn't very specific on his report:

Quote from: Paranormal 16
  You wake up in the middle of the night with a pounding heart. You try to get up, but your body won't move! It feels as if you are bound in invisible chains binding you to your bed. You struggle for a bit, but it is no use. Eventually you fall back asleep and awaken in the morning with a splitting headache. You're pretty sure you won't be able to use your abilities this day, not with a headache like this!

This sounds very much like "dizzy and sleep" thing from here:

Regarding being blocked, I've no night action, but received a PM about feeling dizzy then sleeping. I assumed it was the thing that blocks everyone or something initially, but seeing the deaths I figured Jokerman-EXE was just a bit fuzzy on how the Warden flavor works or something. It's fully possible there are two wardens, that the Dopps attempted to kill someone unable to be killed (possibly even crashing against the Exterminator's shield), etc.

If he claims he is not the Warden in question, and that he was told by someone else, that opens up even more possibilities (he's scum with them; he's scum who is "protecting someone's identity" and thus won't finger his source until I flip town, then he gets two townies lynched and perhaps even is an Advanced Dopp who'll replace someone at that point; he's gullible town being lied to by scum who wants him to take the fallout; etc.)
In other words, it's a bunch of WIFOM in the end anyway.

Even Pandar thinks it's a warden block. But again, vote your conscience.

PPE: Dude, I'm not going to post the PM. The data is out there, people will make their minds. The undisputed fact remains: Pandar was blocked the night the Dopps didn't kill, and he has admitted it. Then he tried to weasel out with a very flimsy claim. Make of it what you will.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 66