Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 66

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia - Round 17 - Game Over!  (Read 229306 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia - Round 17 - Day 3 - Replacement found
« Reply #780 on: December 01, 2010, 04:37:55 pm »

Simple question to Dariush: Do you have a Mind Shield? Feel free to lie.

KaminaSquirtle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: December 01, 2010, 04:38:04 pm »

First off, unovte.
I believe Dariush's claim.  This style doesn't seem too out of the ordinary for him.  Look at the salad game.  He acted all reactionary and scummy, but flipped doc.  I think the consistency of his claim combined with this meta is enough to unovte him.
That said, this means my vote needs a new home.  And since it's now a tie between Ottofar and I, and I'm obviously not going to vote myself, I'm going to vote...
Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post.

Dariush is lying. He's the Exterminator.
Wait, do you know something we don't?  I'd like to know how you came to this conclusion.  My vote will wait until you've explained this.

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie thinks you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: December 01, 2010, 04:46:38 pm »

(at least so far as we can trust Mysteriousbluepuppet).
Which is as far as we can throw him, I'd say, but I see your point.

I think that Dariush is probably telling the truth.
But what are your thoughts on the lack of the exterminator kill last night, then? Dariush's no-action, coupled with MBP's claim of a guardian no-action, leave only Dariush-as-Ext as the possibility, doesn't it?
My soul has been freed by the King of the Mafia.

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: December 01, 2010, 04:47:34 pm »

Edit-by-post: Messed up the quot above: it was from JTF, not webadict.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: December 01, 2010, 04:51:20 pm »

Dariush:  I suggest bot-killing Kamina in an attempt to prove yourself, should you survive to night.  You think he's scum, I think he's scum, and he's one of the ones with the most votes.

Meph:  Does the agent op receive the agent's name at the beginning or end of night one?  That's important for determining the rationale behind the scanner target decision.

Janus:  That's some serious rolefishing you've got going on, especially considering what role we're talking about.

I'm still confident in my Ottofar vote, but I'll switch to Kamina to break a tie if needed- I think they're both scum of some flavor.

PPE:  Uh, Zath, why are you screwing with Web's quote so badly?  Make up your mind whether you believe Dariush or not- you're waffling on that pretty hard.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: December 01, 2010, 05:00:00 pm »

The Agent Operative receives the Agent's name as part of their Night 1 results PM.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #786 on: December 01, 2010, 05:05:39 pm »

Doesn't really help.  He already said that he probably wasn't going to be back today.  If you assume that he's not going to respond, then what happens now?

I think that Dariush is probably telling the truth.
But what are your thoughts on the lack of the exterminator kill last night, then? Dariush's no-action, coupled with MBP's claim of a guardian no-action, leave only Dariush-as-Ext as the possibility, doesn't it?
It leaves at least the no-kill-for-WIFOM, the possibility of a second Guardian, the possiblity that Mysteriousbluepuppet is lying, or that Mysteriousbluepuppet was the Exterminator who didn't get around to night actioning (he also didn't post for the 48 hours before the end of the day, see your own  LurkerTracker® post).

Dariush:  I suggest bot-killing Kamina in an attempt to prove yourself, should you survive to night.  You think he's scum, I think he's scum, and he's one of the ones with the most votes.
Assassin Bot kills in the morning, but it's set off by a night action and will still work even if the user is night killed.  I asked for the same clarification for my own Assassin Bot Night 1.

I personally agree with Jim that Leafsnail would be a preferable target.  Killing KaminaSquirtle would let us know if Zathras is telling the truth, but I don't think it's worth that.  Up to Dariush really.  We'll know that he was telling the truth in the morning, because Assassin Bot kills have distinct flavor. 

Dariush, if you're telling the truth, you know my alignment.  You should PM me and/or someone else you think you can trust with who you're going to kill before the day starts tomorrow so we can verify that you in fact did kill them and there's not someone *else* floating around with a WIFOM-spewing Assassin Bot.

Janus:  That's some serious rolefishing you've got going on, especially considering what role we're talking about.
Yup. And I already explained it. And if you notice, I wasn't actually looking for the identity of the Guardian unless it's possible we could catch them in a lie, which doesn't seem to be the case.
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

KaminaSquirtle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: December 01, 2010, 05:16:53 pm »

Ok, since I'm pretty much out of time here, I'm going to leave my vote on Ottofar.
Hopefully I'll have enough time later to change it if something comes up.

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: December 01, 2010, 05:19:49 pm »

(at least so far as we can trust Mysteriousbluepuppet).
Which is as far as we can throw him, I'd say, but I see your point.

Says you, i'm putting my neck on the line for the town.

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: December 01, 2010, 05:24:05 pm »

Zath  Make up your mind whether you believe Dariush or not- you're waffling on that pretty hard.

I'm trying to vote carefully, not waffling. I unvoted him because his claim is persuasive (and indeed has persuaded some); I may still vote him because his absence (well, Mish's) is still the best explanation of the lack of an Ext-kill last night. I reserve the right to make my choice in the fullness of time; I will not be rushed into it. On the other hand, with Kamina unvoting him, if I vote him now (as I've mostly decided to do) would only restore the tie...

How about you (Toaster), though? You think both Ottofar and Kamina are worthy of a vote, yes? But it's unlikely they are both dopps, as Otto is not the bussing type. I doubt Kamina is an alien, since he could have damned me pretty easily by faking my block claim, but he didn't, which would leave Otto as the alien (if you believe Dariush)... is this what's going on in your mind, or have a different rationale? Do you believe Dariush's claim? (you haven't said explicitly if you do)

Quote from: JTF
It leaves at least the no-kill-for-WIFOM, the possibility of a second Guardian, the possiblity that Mysteriousbluepuppet is lying, or that Mysteriousbluepuppet was the Exterminator who didn't get around to night actioning (he also didn't post for the 48 hours before the end of the day, see your own  LurkerTracker® post).

No-kill-for-WIFOM is rather unlikely I think (I admit I did entertain the tough earlier, but it doesn't seem viable anymore); a second guardian is almost as unlikely, but possible. I like the MBP-is-lying-scum theory, but don't see it as superior to the Dariush-noaction-lying-Ext theory...

Speaking of the lurkertracker, I won't have time to post a new one today, but will do when day four starts. Also, Kamina, your "warning: new posts" in red will mess up the redtext finder! 8-P (well, not really, but if you hadn't voted later, it would just show that as your last red text).

PPE: Meph, can we have a fresh vote count, please?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: December 01, 2010, 05:26:34 pm »

The Whiteboard
JanusTwoface: Leafsnail
KaminaSquirtle: Mysteriousbluepuppet, Ottofar, Dariush
Ottofar: JanusTwoface, Jim Groovester, KaminaSquirtle, Toaster
Dariush: Argembarger, webadict

Day ends ~5pm Pacific Today (About 2 1/2 hours)
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: December 01, 2010, 05:43:54 pm »

If you check my posting record, you'll see I wasn't doing anything after 7pm (being deeply engrossed in, respectively, Rokkenjima, my dinner, and a history programme).

First of all, there's no point at all in lynching Dariush today, since he has a testable night action that'll effectively give us an extra lynch.  Exterminator or not is kindof irrelevant right now.

Secondly, I will unvote JTF pending confirmation that Dariush is in fact the agent operative.  I do have a reason to believe that he is not the exterminator, although it's not conclusive.

Other than that... yeah, I have been overtunelling.  I'd prefer a Kamina lynch today, but I'm aware that'd lead to a tie, and a no lynch today would be retarded.  Might as well get a lurker lynch out of the way.

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: December 01, 2010, 05:48:29 pm »

And again, Kamina will be saved by others, and continue to provide nothing. I am saddened.

Ottofar, if you got something to say id suggest doing it fast , clock is ticking hard.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: December 01, 2010, 06:16:15 pm »

Yes, but lynching the Ext-Operative is nowhere as useful as lynching the actual Ext. Or it would, except for that unused bot. He could be a) Agent-Op, which clears JTF; b) Ext-OP, which, under pressure, may have slipped the name of his master trying to clear him as town: JTF's bot and play would be consistent with his being the Ext; or c) Ext-Op with a different Ext altogether.

The kill on Org was done by a human Assassin Bot, because of bullets, not plasma. If JTF is the Exterminator he also has Combat Camouflage, which amounts to two medium tech choices, which isn't normally possible for the Exterminator unless he also takes Replicator. It's possible but seems unlikely.

I don't give a flying rat's ass what you think of webadict or KaminaSquirtle or anything related to the Exterminator.
OOC: Such an amusing expression. Would you give a flying rat's ass if you did care or didn't? Because I personally wouldn't have one to give in either case...

It's from a place I used to edit. Saying Her Majesty's Royal Flying Rat's Ass is just a bit too ridiculous though.

Schemey potential plan:
Dariush can verify my alignment if we can verify his role and we seem to have at least one Guardian about (although they might be a dopp).

If Darius survives the night and nothing better comes comes up, I suggest we Sacrilynch him tomorrow (I don't feel so bad about doing it to Aliens). Then everyone claims to me tomorrow night and I dig for logical issues.

I would suggest it for tonight, except if he's telling the truth Dariush is town aligned with a significant amount of power remaining.

By tomorrow I'm not sure we'll even have a mislynch to waste to confirm Dariush's alignment though. If he's town-aligned, we can't be lynching him on lylo for confirmation.

What do you know? I'm not sure there's enough time to get it out. But if you do know something, you should say it instead of letting the deadline draw near.

Assassin Bot kills in the morning, but it's set off by a night action and will still work even if the user is night killed.  I asked for the same clarification for my own Assassin Bot Night 1.

I don't think it's a night action. I think it can be set off at any time, day or night, but it will kill its target in the morning. It's not specified in its description that it's a night action.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: December 01, 2010, 06:19:18 pm »

I don't think it's a night action. I think it can be set off at any time, day or night, but it will kill its target in the morning. It's not specified in its description that it's a night action.

It is in fact set off as a night action. I'll go update the rule on it to clarify this.
Come play Mafia with us!
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 66