Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 66

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia - Round 17 - Game Over!  (Read 229305 times)

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia - Round 17 - Day 4 is shadow and light
« Reply #840 on: December 05, 2010, 08:25:36 pm »

No shit, Sherlocke. If you've got a problem with my plan then think of a better one.

ohwait youre the exterminator you dont care
Weird you should say this.  The exterminator is probably the one who should care the most about what happens.

Basically, my plan would be "Don't block the guy who can find the exterminator (or, if lying, sow the seeds of his own destruction)".

But the Holoform Modulator is exactly why role inspects are unreliable.
For one night, and one night only.  Hence, if I'm inspected twice... the chance of a holoform modulator is gone.

What's to stop whoever the Exterminator is from just killing Toaster tomorrow night after he gets whatever inspect the Holoform Modulator gives him? This is your plan, isn't it?
Derp derp Kaminasquirtle derp

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: December 05, 2010, 08:31:38 pm »

Actually, since I'm sure your next post will  say "What if he kills Kaminasquirtle then Toaster?"  Well, if he does that, then he's eliminated two suspects from the list and royally screwed himself.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: December 05, 2010, 08:38:18 pm »

This is why your plan sucks, because there's no guarantee the Exterminator is not going to do that.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: December 05, 2010, 08:41:04 pm »

Didn't you read?  If he does that, he's completely screwed himself.

Potential exterminators left: Me, you, Kaminasquirtle, Toaster.

So, what happens if the exterminator decides to kill off Kaminasquirtle and Toaster?

KaminaSquirtle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: December 05, 2010, 10:58:53 pm »

Bluh...sorry for the absence.  I've been busy, and just as I was ready to do something, my ip's DNS severs stopped working.  -_-
I used my dad's droid to find an alternate DNS sever though, so I'm back now.

Anyway, I think the first thing we have to consider is that an exty has to lie about his role, while a dopp doesn't.  Firstly, I think that both JTF and Dariush are telling the truth.  So that's two off the list.  I know Zathras isn't the exty, and I don't think he's the dopp.  So three off the list.
The list so far:
Zathras
JanusTwoface
Toaster
Jim Groovester
Argembarger
KaminaSquirtle
Leafsnail
Dariush

So there are five possibilities left.
Nextly, I don't think Toaster is lying about his role, remember how he pointed out that Zathras could be tested tonight?  Along with Mr Person?  I think that's because they're both investigative roles, and indeed, Toaster did claim to inspect Zathras night 2.  So I don't think Toaster's exty.  He still could be dopp.
That leaves Leafsnail, Argembarger, and Jim as possible exties.  I don't really see Argem as the exty, but he still could be the dopp.  He still could be exty, but I see that as less likely as Jim or Leafsnail being exty.
So I think either Jim of Leaf is the exty.  The person most likely to be dopp in my mind is Argembarger, but I'm not nearly as sure of him as before.  There is no reason for him to have lied about his role, and if he did he should have protected Wuba.  Also Dariush stun-orbed Wuba.  So actually, scratch that, I'm not that sure of him being dopp at all.  That's why I'm thinking about exty more.  He had to lie about his role, so it's easier to find him out.
I could see a good case for both Leaf and Jim.  I can't quite decide who.  But since Leafsnail's plan makes a lot more sense to me than Jim's I'm going to have to unvote and vote Jim Groovester.

That's really all the time I have for this game tonight, so I'll stop here.

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie thinks you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: December 05, 2010, 11:40:09 pm »

The person most likely to be dopp in my mind is Argembarger, but I'm not nearly as sure of him as before.  There is no reason for him to have lied about his role, and if he did he should have protected Wuba.  Also Dariush stun-orbed Wuba.  So actually, scratch that, I'm not that sure of him being dopp at all.

If Arg is the dopp, he probably did try to guard wuba, but I blocked him, remember? I either blocked his kill, or blocked his attempt to guard wuba, then Dariush blocked his kill and then the exty killed him. Dariush, wuba's home seems to have been a popular place last night; are there any interesting bits of flavour you'd like to share with the group? (don't directly quote the mod's PMs, but do paraphrase and report as much as possible).

Yeah, the more I look at it, the more likely it seems that Arg is the last dopp. It could still be Leafsnail, but less likely. The Exterminator question is more complex; Toaster, Jim, Leaf and Dariush all could still be it. So perhaps for simplicity's sake it'd be better to try and secure the dopp lynch today and do some variation on the SETI plan for tonight. I'm therefore OK with a lynch of Arg today as it has the highest chances of eliminating a nightkill. I'll move my vote after Toaster has had a chance to reply to my earlier comments, unless he comes out too scummy after that, or a better plan presents itself.
My soul has been freed by the King of the Mafia.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: December 06, 2010, 12:03:22 am »

KaminaSquirtle, if I were the Exterminator, why would I claim Kook? Of aaaaaaall potential roles I could choose, why would I pick the worst one ever?

Leafsnail, why did you claim Survivor in the middle of the night in a PM to everybody? And why did you neglect to mention that you had a Mind Shield until today?

And you, Dariush, since there's no other real explanation for the exterminator no kill.

No other real explanation my ass. How about Ottofar protecting a dopp the Exterminator targeted?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: December 06, 2010, 03:03:17 am »

JanusTwoface - Military Mad Scientist, Assassin Bot (Day 2)
  (role & alignment by Dariush)
N1 - Killed Org, N2 - none, N3 - none
I'm not sold on the notion that he's confirmed townie. Only Dariush confirmed him, and in turn Toaster confirmed him. His play has been townie enough, but he can play a mean scum game by being too pro-town for our own good. If Dariush is the ext, as I mention later, then JTF could be the ext-op, would have the tech to kill Org, and would be the obvious target of Dariush later claiming PMs; he has gone far to try to clear Dariush.
In order for this theory to work, I, Toaster and JTF have to be (together) dopp, ext and ext-op AND ext-team should be working with dopps. Don't you find that EXTREMELY improbable?

Quote from: Jim
2) Or another possibility: I am actually a Kook. Somebody has to be the kook in a Paranormal. In this game it was me. True fact: If I were a dopp I could have chosen not to believe your claim and instead lynch you over Ottofar.
Nothing says there must be a kook; but it is true that your bussing Ottofar would make no sense.
On the contrary - things have gotten pretty desperate for dopps so it would be the safest course of action to lynch one of fellow dopps to remain out of suspicion.

1) So, you mean that Toaster is exterminator and lied, somehow managing to get correct guesses about those he 'detected'? Hm, that makes sense, however I don't think it is likely. Will block by Zathras also prevent his detect? If no, I guess it is a good idea to block him.
2) Hm. MODERATOR, is it true that there MUST be a Kook?
3) By 'confirmed' I meant 'his role is known and he is not a scum'.
4) By 'offered to lynch' I meant 'voted for him'. Also, I'm absolutely sure that Argembarger isn't scum; as I pointed out earlier, there was no dopp kill not because Zathras blocked him, but because I stunned Web. However, you seem to ignore that argument and not offer any reasons whatsoever as to why he's scum.

I guess that extends the list of possible scum to include Toaster, but you are still at the top of it.

1) He wouldn't have to guess, he would just have to use the claims everybody had made at that point to construct a reasonable list of targets for a Detective inspect. But I'm fairly inclined to believe him, because the people he chose (or claimed to choose) is an extremely reasonable list that matches well with his suspicions at the time as well as current events during the game. So that's why I think it's a good idea to verify him first.
2) You heard it from Meph that there doesn't have to be one. But I am one.
3) Then quit using confirmed like that. It has specific meaning.
4) Are you certain it was your stun on webadict that prevented the dopp kill and not Zathras' block on Argembarger? There's no way you can be absolutely certain about that.
1) Well, Zathras has already said what I was thinking - if he WAS lying (and therefore some of his suspects were lying), nobody would admit it. If he claimed at least one lie, that could be used to determine his true role, but this way he may as well be scum.
2) You said that there MUST be a Kook. Even if I take that lie for a simple mistake, there's still not a single verifiable argument in your favor, and you are the most likely dopp of the currently alive.
4) Web WAS dopp, so in order of that to work dopps would have placed the kill not on the leader, but on an adjectiveless dopp who was already under suspicion.

Argembarger chose not to believe your claim, which is something he shared with webadict and Ottofar who both surprise surprise turned out to be scum. Then there was his throng of completely useless questions which he asked just to look like he was trying to contribute and then his reasonless FoSes on Ottofar and Leafsnail which he withdrew. (Why would anyone give a reasonless FoS on two people, one of whom flipped scum? Hint: He was trying to distance himself from them two when they flipped scum.)
What.
Let me review that - Argembarger accused Ottofar, who turned out to be scum... And that makes him scum himself?

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: December 06, 2010, 04:31:58 am »

I'm not sold on the notion that he's confirmed townie. Only Dariush confirmed him, and in turn Toaster confirmed him. His play has been townie enough, but he can play a mean scum game by being too pro-town for our own good. If Dariush is the ext, as I mention later, then JTF could be the ext-op, would have the tech to kill Org, and would be the obvious target of Dariush later claiming PMs; he has gone far to try to clear Dariush.
In order for this theory to work, I, Toaster and JTF have to be (together) dopp, ext and ext-op AND ext-team should be working with dopps. Don't you find that EXTREMELY improbable?

Improbable? maybe. Extremely? not really. I didn't imply dopp involvement was mandatory for that; Toaster could be the ext and lie about his inspection of you, his op, and you merely not choosing to correct him; in this case JTF could still be a misled townie. Only two of the three are needed to be scum, and since you're in the middle (Toaster inspected you, you claimed to JTF), you are the most likely... Or Toaster may be honest, but you have a scan-fooling modulator and felt safe "claiming" to your operative JTF... Other combinations are possible, and some require more coincides than others, but none are "EXTREMELY improbable", no.

2) Or another possibility: I am actually a Kook. Somebody has to be the kook in a Paranormal. In this game it was me. True fact: If I were a dopp I could have chosen not to believe your claim and instead lynch you over Ottofar.
Nothing says there must be a kook; but it is true that your bussing Ottofar would make no sense.
On the contrary - things have gotten pretty desperate for dopps so it would be the safest course of action to lynch one of fellow dopps to remain out of suspicion.

For the second day in a row? Hardly. Plus things have gotten desperate precisely because Ottofar was lynched. Before that there still were three of them. Jim helped hang both Pandar and Ottofar, and if he had kept his vote on you no one would have thought worse of him, and Ottofar would have been saved. No, I'm pretty sure those who were voting Ottofar at the end of the day (JanusTwoface, Jim Groovester, KaminaSquirtle, Toaster) are not dopps. At least one is likely an alien, though.

Compare this with the Pandar lynch: Janus & Toaster were on it very early; Jim and Kamina got distracted by trying to lynch me first, but came around later, at the same time as Leafsnail; webadict waited until it was clear he wouldn't be saved, and Arg was voting MBP the whole time (as was Mish, incidentally). Ottofar was voting Kamina. Do you see some patterns here?

4) Are you certain it was your stun on webadict that prevented the dopp kill and not Zathras' block on Argembarger? There's no way you can be absolutely certain about that.
2) [Jim,] You said that there MUST be a Kook. Even if I take that lie for a simple mistake, there's still not a single verifiable argument in your favor, and you are the most likely dopp of the currently alive.
4) Web WAS dopp, so in order of that to work dopps would have placed the kill not on the leader, but on an adjectiveless dopp who was already under suspicion.

I understand the draw to the "Jim is dopp" theory; if he had been inspected, and only after that claimed Kook, it would be more damning than claiming on his own, though, and I still think that bussing Ottofar (and pressing him the entire game) would be too much of a gambit; I find it hard to believe that he's the last dopp mostly for that, but I suppose it's possible.

As for the other point, I also think that web was more likely to have the kill last night, and was blocked by your orb; this does not clear Arg, though, as if he was dopp guardian he'd have protected wuba, and my block prevented that. And although Arg was under suspicion, the pressure on him was nowhere close to that on you or Ottofar; he could still have had the kill. The main reason I don't think so is because I was the only one who had been pressing wuba, and I ended the day voting you, so he should have felt confident enough to try it on his own, plus he had no other night actions.

Also, as I pointed out earlier, your blocking him does not clear you either; if Toaster lied or was mistaken about your role, you could be the exterminator and have had both kills last night. I would still like you to post some of the night's flavour (paraphrased) so we have more data for an informed opinion.

Let me review that - Argembarger accused Ottofar, who turned out to be scum... And that makes him scum himself?

It's possible, because he backed off too easily from those accusations. Ottofar was endlessly scummy, and still Arg didn't end the day voting him (he was voting you). If he had kept the pressure up on Ottofar, it would make his case look better, but he gave up too quickly and without enough reason; it ended up looking more like a lame attempt at distance than real scumhunting.

By the way, this last comment of yours is directed to someone who did accuse (and hang!) Ottofar, who turned out to be scum, so if you think Arg's attack on Ottofar makes it less likely he's scum, why is it not so for Jim? You are being inconsistent there.

Overall, I find your arguments scummy and insufficient. I don't think you are the dopp, but I am more inclined to think you are the exterminator. It would require that out of Toaster and Janus one is an alien and the other a misguided townie (in either order), or other coincidences, but I don't think that stretches the limits of the possible.

Arg will likely hang today, and you tomorrow. Neither of you has yet said anything to change this.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: December 06, 2010, 04:46:59 am »

Argembarger chose not to believe your claim, which is something he shared with webadict and Ottofar who both surprise surprise turned out to be scum. Then there was his throng of completely useless questions which he asked just to look like he was trying to contribute and then his reasonless FoSes on Ottofar and Leafsnail which he withdrew. (Why would anyone give a reasonless FoS on two people, one of whom flipped scum? Hint: He was trying to distance himself from them two when they flipped scum.)
What.

Yes, easily. The FoS was completely empty.

Argembarger's FoS wandered onto Ottofar but his vote never did, and that's the important thing. If you say you suspect somebody it's generally expected that you will vote them at some point, to make good on your suspicions. Argembarger never did.

This invites several questions. If you don't vote the people you say you suspect, then why FoS them?

It's a preparatory measure in case they flip scum. You can say you suspected them because look you made that FoS a while ago. It serves to distance yourself from your teammates, which is something that you want because their flip will lead to you. This is classic scum behavior and it is easily detectable.

This is silly. Things were not desperate before the lynch for the dopps, but now they are. Desperation on Day 4 does not justify bussing on Day 3. Three dopps alive, one a Guardian, one a Doppelganger Leader, one of indeterminate role, is not a desperate situation. In fact that's a pretty damn good situation. So it's stupid to say that because things are desperate now, that somehow it was a good idea to bus one of my teammates yesterday.

Let me remind you what the dopps would have had to gain with your lynch and what they lost with an Ottofar lynch.

Firstly, Ottofar would be alive, and would live to protect again. webadict was killed by the Exterminator during the night. Even if Ottofar was damned likely to be lynched the following day, he could have save webadict's life, which would have been a tremendous advantage. Potentially there would have been three dopps alive today instead of just one. Well worth saving Ottofar's life for.

Secondly, it removes all your tech. The dopps would not have to worry about somebody guiding your Assassin Bot towards one of the team, nor would they have had to worry about your Stun Orb unfailingly blocking somebody. Again, look at last night. You blocked webadict. It's likely that there would have been a dopp kill had that not happened.

There was a one vote difference between you and Ottofar. The power to choose who lived or died rested entirely with me. I chose Ottofar over you. If I was a dopp I just shot myself in the fucking foot for no good reason. For a little WIFOM, I lost two teammates and a kill. That's a horrible trade.

This can not get any more simple. I am not a dopp because my actions are counterproductive to the doppelganger team. Me being a kook is completely irrelevant to this.

1) He wouldn't have to guess, he would just have to use the claims everybody had made at that point to construct a reasonable list of targets for a Detective inspect. But I'm fairly inclined to believe him, because the people he chose (or claimed to choose) is an extremely reasonable list that matches well with his suspicions at the time as well as current events during the game. So that's why I think it's a good idea to verify him first.
2) You heard it from Meph that there doesn't have to be one. But I am one.
3) Then quit using confirmed like that. It has specific meaning.
1) Well, Zathras has already said what I was thinking - if he WAS lying (and therefore some of his suspects were lying), nobody would admit it. If he claimed at least one lie, that could be used to determine his true role, but this way he may as well be scum.
2) You said that there MUST be a Kook. Even if I take that lie for a simple mistake, there's still not a single verifiable argument in your favor, and you are the most likely dopp of the currently alive.

1) But this doesn't make sense, because it implies more scum in the game than are currently available. If Toaster is lying because he does not know somebody else is lying, that's at least two scum right there. It's more likely that everybody he inspected is telling the truth, and he could be lying about his role.
2) Not a single verifiable argument in my favor? How about you cut the bullshit out right now. I've been throwing you arguments for the past two days and you've done nothing but shit on them with single line ripostes. This is fucking ridiculous. I can't help it if you have the intellectual capacity of a toad with its head smashed on a rock, but it's still my problem if you want to expertly demonstrate the paucity of your intellect because you're voting for me. So, here's what you need to do. 1) Pull your head out of your ass. 2) Revel in the cleanliness of the fresh air now filling your lungs. 3) Stop being a fucking moron and actually think this shit through.

KOOK CLAIM =/= DOPPELGANGER

If you automatically believe I am a dopp because of my Kook claim, then you're taking the idiot crown from the idiot Pope and declaring yourself the idiot emperor of the idiot empire and posturing yourself as greater than idiot God in the process. And for fuck's sake, I asked you what else you had beside this, and you didn't say a goddamn thing. How about you read my goddamned posts and answer my questions for once.
4) It's not likely but it's still possible.

I feel a bit like Karkat now. It is refreshing.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: December 06, 2010, 05:48:36 am »

Improbable? maybe. Extremely? not really. I didn't imply dopp involvement was mandatory for that; Toaster could be the ext and lie about his inspection of you, his op, and you merely not choosing to correct him; in this case JTF could still be a misled townie. Only two of the three are needed to be scum, and since you're in the middle (Toaster inspected you, you claimed to JTF), you are the most likely... Or Toaster may be honest, but you have a scan-fooling modulator and felt safe "claiming" to your operative JTF... Other combinations are possible, and some require more coincides than others, but none are "EXTREMELY improbable", no.
To have holoform modulator, I'd have to get Replicator and use it for modulator on the precise night of inspection (if I understand correctly how it works), and that is pretty unlikely setup considering Toaster isn't proven Detective.
As for the first version, I don't have a slightest idea as to how to prove my innocence in being ext op except lynching Toaster - if he's really detective then I'm cleared; if he's exterminator, I won't be able to do anything since I've spent my bot on MBP and you won't have exterminator to worry about.

As to Jim lynching his teammates, I would think it's a cause for extreme WIFOM - what if he thought that by lynching them he would be better off?

If you think Arg's attack on Ottofar makes it less likely he's scum, why is it not so for Jim? You are being inconsistent there.
Because Jim voting for Ottofar fits with aforementioned WIFOM. It seems that Argembarger will hang today anyway, so if he flips town, that'll be certain proof that Jim is scum.

Warning - while you were reading a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post.

Argembarger's FoS wandered onto Ottofar but his vote never did, and that's the important thing. If you say you suspect somebody it's generally expected that you will vote them at some point, to make good on your suspicions. Argembarger never did.

This invites several questions. If you don't vote the people you say you suspect, then why FoS them?

It's a preparatory measure in case they flip scum. You can say you suspected them because look you made that FoS a while ago. It serves to distance yourself from your teammates, which is something that you want because their flip will lead to you. This is classic scum behavior and it is easily detectable.
Saying you suspect someone but not voting for them is scummy, is that what you are saying? But weren't it YOU who asked me to state my suspicions when I replaced Mish? (or is FoS something other than simply stating whom you suspect?...)

1) But this doesn't make sense, because it implies more scum in the game than are currently available. If Toaster is lying because he does not know somebody else is lying, that's at least two scum right there. It's more likely that everybody he inspected is telling the truth, and he could be lying about his role.
2) Not a single verifiable argument in my favor? How about you cut the bullshit out right now. I've been throwing you arguments for the past two days and you've done nothing but shit on them with single line ripostes. This is fucking ridiculous. I can't help it if you have the intellectual capacity of a toad with its head smashed on a rock, but it's still my problem if you want to expertly demonstrate the paucity of your intellect because you're voting for me. So, here's what you need to do. 1) Pull your head out of your ass. 2) Revel in the cleanliness of the fresh air now filling your lungs. 3) Stop being a fucking moron and actually think this shit through.

KOOK CLAIM =/= DOPPELGANGER

If you automatically believe I am a dopp because of my Kook claim, then you're taking the idiot crown from the idiot Pope and declaring yourself the idiot emperor of the idiot empire and posturing yourself as greater than idiot God in the process. And for fuck's sake, I asked you what else you had beside this, and you didn't say a goddamn thing. How about you read my goddamned posts and answer my questions for once.
4) It's not likely but it's still possible.

1) That actually makes sense (such a rarity). There are only two possible explanations of his lie: either he is dopp who is working with exterminator (or vice versa), or he is town and is still lying about his role.
2) Hey-hey, no need to get berserkerish. Currently your main arguments are that you voted for dopps (WIFOM) and that you're a Kook. The possibility of you being Kook is negated by the necessity to find a dopp. If we lynch town today, that brings us to 7 people with a certain knowledge of who the scum is. Two are nk'ed if we're unlucky. One is lynched, one is nk'ed, one is lynched the following day.

There was a one vote difference between you and Ottofar. The power to choose who lived or died rested entirely with me. I chose Ottofar over you. If I was a dopp I just shot myself in the fucking foot for no good reason. For a little WIFOM, I lost two teammates and a kill. That's a horrible trade.
I wouldn't call that WIFOM 'little' - far from it. If you're a dopp, you're free to kill anyone without anyone suspecting you. If you're town...
Ah, screw it. As I said, Argembarger will probably hang today, leaving you the only possible dopp remaining.
Meph, voteboard please?

Afterthought:
So I finally got fed up with this pointless argument and went through the thread to search for votes on earlier days. Pandar was voted by Jim only in the end, when it was clear he's gonna hang while Ottofar wasn't looking like surviving the next day (and Jim's vote for him was third, not first). If he was the first to vote for them, I would rethink my vote. However, as matters are, my suspicion of Jim deepens.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: December 06, 2010, 10:11:10 am »

How are you this stupid?

Honestly, how are you this stupid?

When you get a fucking clue I might try and talk to you again but I am not encouraged that any further discourse I have with you will ever be productive.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: December 06, 2010, 10:34:40 am »

So, Toaster. Mostly because I don't trust his inspection results ("they all told the truth" is far too convenient a fakeclaim), but I'll support a lynch of Dariush or Argembarger as well.

Would you rather I type out what results I had gotten?  It would have been just the same as typing out their role names.  I can't help that those who I inspected claimed before me.  I'm not sure what you're looking for from me here.

Anyway, here are my ordered dopp and exty suspicion lists.  If a name isn't on the list, I don't think it's possible you're that scum.

Dopp:
Argembarger  (I've said why)
Kamina  (Early suspicions- the Ottofar deal lowers him)
Jim  (It's possible, but I don't really suspect it)
Leafsnail  (Survivor's a weird claim for a dopp)
Zathras  (It's possible, but *extremely* unlikely)

I can't make the Janus dopp work in my head (would require Dar lying to cover him- something only exty would do, outing Dar as exty to the dopp team), and dopps can't get advanced holoform modulator that Dariush would need to be a dopp.

Exty:

Leafsnail (Already claimed alien)
Jim (Unconfirmed)
Dariush (Had assassin bot, would require adv. holo)
Janus (Ditto with above, but his play is more townie OR Janus/Dar team)
Argembarger  (Requires adv. mindshield, and I think he's our dopp)
Kamina (Would require adv. mindshield AND adv. holo- nearly impossible)

Zath has to be a warden.

Am I missing anything obvious?  I'm still for the Argem lynch because I'm much less sure on the exty.

Jim and Leaf are my top two inspect choices, with Dariush a possible third choice.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: December 06, 2010, 01:01:07 pm »

So, Toaster. Mostly because I don't trust his inspection results ("they all told the truth" is far too convenient a fakeclaim), but I'll support a lynch of Dariush or Argembarger as well.
Would you rather I type out what results I had gotten?  It would have been just the same as typing out their role names.  I can't help that those who I inspected claimed before me.  I'm not sure what you're looking for from me here.

Yeah, I'm not sure either. I still don't trust your claim, but I can't think of what you could say to change that... in any case, your response is a valid one, and as I said, we should focus on the dopp lynch today. Unvote Toaster, vote Argembarger.

Quote from: Toaster
Anyway, here are my ordered dopp and exty suspicion lists.  If a name isn't on the list, I don't think it's possible you're that scum.
Dopp:
Argembarger  (I've said why)[...]
Yes. I think the consensus is complete, isn't it? Other than Dariush, is anyone not voting him? A consensus this complete makes me uneasy, but yeah, it is the right lynch, I think, so let's do it.

Exty:[...]
Dariush (Had assassin bot, would require adv. holo)
Janus (Ditto with above, but his play is more townie OR Janus/Dar team)

Dariush-as-Exty would require the simple holo, not the advanced one, yes? And it wouldn't if we have a Dariush/Toaster team.
Janus, as above, simple modulator or a Janus/Dariush team would cover the inspection result, plus one of him or his team-mate would need to have combat camouflage (for the MS flavour on Org's kill, yes? Can someone more experienced with the flavour confirm that it'd be necessary for that? Also, if we assume someone has combat camo, does that change any suspicions on Critpfeind's death?).

I think neither of these possibilities strains credibility too far. As Dariush is the common part, he should probably be the target of most things tonight, but the scenarios still work with him as the Op (or even unwitting accomplice) and Toaster/Janus as the exty, plus Jim or Leafsnail could also work, so it's not for sure at all.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: December 06, 2010, 01:02:56 pm »

The Whiteboard
Argembarger: Jim Groovester, Leafsnail, Toaster, Zathras
Jim Groovester : KaminaSquirtle, Dariush
KaminaSquirtle: JanusTwoface

Day ends ~5pm Pacific Tuesday

Mod: clarification please: An operative gets 1 medium tech and 2 small, yes? Can the two small be exchanged for one medium? By this I mean: can an operative get both an assassin bot and combat camo? Also, the ext and ext-op can share tech; how does this work with combat camo? Say the ext chose camo, but gave it to the op for night one, then the ext's kill will not be masked, but the op's kill would, yes?

No, slots can not be exchanged except as noted in the specific rules (a 2-shot scanner for a Medium slot, for example).
« Last Edit: December 06, 2010, 01:05:30 pm by Mephansteras »
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 66