Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 66

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia - Round 17 - Game Over!  (Read 230020 times)

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia - Round 17 - Day 5
« Reply #900 on: December 10, 2010, 12:12:53 pm »

Oops, sorry, I'm stupid. I thought you were just deducing from the fact that Argembarger is dopp...

Leafsnail's explanation makes sense and I'll leave JTF for tomorrow, so... Toaster, I hope you realize how much WIFOM you generated when you (may have) killed Kamina, do you?

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie thinks you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia - Round 17 - Night 4
« Reply #901 on: December 10, 2010, 12:48:45 pm »

You gather again, the few of you that are left.
 KaminaSquirtle, however, fails to show up. Glumly you head off towards his house. [...] you see that he was known for being a very Observant Guard.

Zathras speaks up. "I...may now know where he died". He leads you back to his house.

Kamina! Buddy! Nooooo! You shall be avenged!

Jim is indeed a Townsperson. What'd you find out, Zath?

You know what I found, you filthy alien spawn. I found you gunning for my throat, but valiant Kamina prevented it. It seems town wins this game today, Toaster.

My soul has been freed by the King of the Mafia.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: December 10, 2010, 01:20:23 pm »

???

I think you need to check your information again.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: December 10, 2010, 01:32:10 pm »

I did. Unless someone can come up with a solidly believable way someone may be so convincingly disguised as you, then the message is completely unambiguous: Toaster attacked me last night, (clearly identified in flavour as an alien attack), Kamina was guarding me, and he told me the identity of the attacker (very explicitly, no "it seems like" or "I heard appliance-like sounds"; it was an unambiguous identification of Toaster). I made my escape, but Kamina didn't. Therefore, you are the alien exterminator, and will die today.

I did block Dariush last night, with a success message (i.e., advanced or no mind shield). Given their interaction and the amount of tech used, if the game is not over today we should assume he's the Ext Op, and that he may still have some unclaimed tech at his disposal.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: December 10, 2010, 01:32:57 pm »

There's pretty much no way around an Observant Guard tipping you off.

Toaster.

This day's going to be quick. Shorten, anyone?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: December 10, 2010, 01:39:20 pm »

This day's going to be quick. Shorten, anyone?

I will support that once we hear from everyone, if there is no new information.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: December 10, 2010, 02:25:48 pm »

I concur. Shorten.

Also, why did this night last for TWO AND A HALF days instead of one?!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: December 10, 2010, 03:22:35 pm »

I concur. Shorten.

Because I worked a 16 hour day Wednesday and didn't have the time or energy to finish it until this morning. Jokerman did some of the flavor, but I still had to review it and send out the PMs.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: December 10, 2010, 03:24:29 pm »

ToasterShorten.

Although I'd like to say - you did play pretty well.

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: December 10, 2010, 03:38:36 pm »

Well, that's pretty much everyone but Janus, and he may be otherwise occupied (the day is only a handful of hours old, after all), so unless he objects or has some new information, I also concur and Shorten.

If the game is not over after this, we can discuss alternatives for the Ext Op then. It's not like there'll be many options.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #910 on: December 10, 2010, 03:38:45 pm »

Some more information, KaminaSquirtle sent me this last night:

Just so you know, I'm going to protect Zathras tonight, Janus.

Two options:
- Toaster attacked Zathras and was outed by KaminaSquirtle.
- Zathras is lying to frame Toaster.

On first glance, there's no reason for Zathras to lie to frame Toaster, but think about it.  There are 6 people left.  If we mislynch today and there *is* actually an Exterminator Operative about, that means it will be 2v2 tomorrow and we lose.

I'm hoping I'm just paranoid though. 

There is the bit of flavor from Mephansteras:

You gather again, the few of you that are left.
 KaminaSquirtle, however, fails to show up. Glumly you head off towards his house. [...] you see that he was known for being a very Observant Guard.

Zathras speaks up. "I...may now know where he died". He leads you back to his house.

Combined with the fact that the body was behind Zathras' house makes it look like he was actually guarding him.  But it could just as well mean that KaminaSquirtle went to guard Zathras the Exterminator and got killed for it.  Of course Zathras would know where to find the body.

It's oddly revealing for public flavor in either case.  Although with the ambiguous nature, I guess that's fair enough.

Side note:

It's not that bad.  People get busy and it takes time to write just how much flavor goes into the Paranormal games.  Take a look at the reveals at the end of any of the rounds to see just how much gets written each night.  Why we have two people writing flavor this time around in the first place.
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #911 on: December 10, 2010, 03:40:52 pm »

If the game is not over after this, we can discuss alternatives for the Ext Op then. It's not like there'll be many options.

Why are you so sure that there is an Exterminator Operative?

• Exterminator
        Race: Alien
        Goal: Kill
        Rules: The doppelganger infestation is a danger to the Alien's people, and it and all traces of it must be wiped from the Earth. The Alien kills one person a night. The Alien wins when they and thier Operative (if there is one) are the only ones left alive. The Exterminator always has a Mind Shield.
        Tech: 1 Medium and 1 Large Tech Slot
        Victory: All non-Exterminator aligned players are dead

Unless you happen to know there is one?
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: December 10, 2010, 03:47:53 pm »

:D

Sure, might as well shorten.  The wool will come off your eyes soon enough, though.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: December 10, 2010, 03:49:49 pm »

Oh right, forgot to vote for Zathras for his sinful habit of lying.

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: December 10, 2010, 03:52:54 pm »

Some more information, KaminaSquirtle sent me this last night:

Just so you know, I'm going to protect Zathras tonight, Janus.

Two options:
- Toaster attacked Zathras and was outed by KaminaSquirtle.
- Zathras is lying to frame Toaster.

Interesting thought. Option one is of course the most directly probable one. For the second one to be true, Kamina, Argembarger and Dariush would have to have lied about the "chains flavour" thing; a warden can't be an Exterminator. Can you think of a reason or combination of reasons for a townie, a dopp and an alien to all agree to lie for me, three days in a row?

Quote from: JTF
If we mislynch today and there *is* actually an Exterminator Operative about, that means it will be 2v2 tomorrow and we lose.

Another interesting point. But the Op would need to still have a kill left, they don't kill by default, but may have another bot or bomb or something, I don't know. Still, it would also need that I was lying about Toaster, and that all of the above lied for me earlier.

Quote from: JTF
Quote from: Zathras
If the game is not over after this, we can discuss alternatives for the Ext Op then.
Why are you so sure that there is an Exterminator Operative?

I'm not, the text you quote is clearly conditional if. I'm not sure there's one, but there may be, we don't know how much of the tech used ostensibly by Dariush N3 was his or Toaster's, or other leftover unclaimed tech, so I'm not sure by count of tech if it's all accounted for or not.

But it's good you're thinking of options. Will you cast a vote? Will you object to the shorten request?
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 66