Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1133 1134 [1135] 1136 1137 ... 1571

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2309520 times)

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #17010 on: April 30, 2016, 12:02:32 am »

After much laughing at the plot and dialogue of the game I open up a new dungeon. First fight goes okay though the enemies are a little strong up until I kill everything but the last child wolf monster. Suddenly the wolf flashes red and instantly kills two of my three party members. Other party member fails to flee 4 times in a row before the wolf finishes them off. Appear back at the start screen, only to realize the last time I saved was over an hour ago. Cue rage quit.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #17011 on: April 30, 2016, 12:23:07 am »

I wasn't quite ready for a boss, but I didn't have any souls to lose and wanted to see what was coming before I quit for the night. Turns out it was the Bell Gargoyle. Despite some almost-disasters, I do quite well and manage to bring it down to half health.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Dark Souls.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #17012 on: April 30, 2016, 12:27:19 am »

If you did the game in a conventional order that boss is designed to make you go explore other things.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17013 on: April 30, 2016, 12:32:12 am »

Some tips: Try to upgrade your best weapon with Titanite at Andre's (or cheese the Hellkite Dragon for the Drake Sword), it'll really help.
Block everything except the overhead swings. Those will devour your stamina.
If you have extra Humanity, un-Hollow and summon Solaire. He really evens the odds for you.
Black lives matter.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17014 on: April 30, 2016, 12:33:43 am »

Elemental damage wrecks them. A Sorcerer or Pyromancer can steamroll them and even the Gold Pine Resin you find earlier in Undead Burg lets you lay down the pain pretty vigorously.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17015 on: April 30, 2016, 12:34:41 am »

Hence Solaire, because Sunlight Spear. :P
Black lives matter.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #17016 on: April 30, 2016, 12:36:57 am »

You can also find and save Lautrec in the cathedral near where the Channeler is, behind some boards. If you rescue him, you can summon him too for overkill.

Alternatively, you can rescue him and then kill him for the FAP ring, which boosts Health, Stamina, and Max Equip Load, but if you ever take it off after putting it on you lose it until you get it again during New Game +.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17017 on: April 30, 2016, 12:37:45 am »

I heard summoning Lautrec with Solaire wasn't the best idea, because it boosts the bosses' health up a lot?
Black lives matter.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #17018 on: April 30, 2016, 12:41:31 am »

Bosses do get more HP the more people are fighting them, but I find having a second distraction helps more if you actually have a decent weapon and know what you're doing when you fight those guys.

But then, I rarely let Lautrec live because that ring is really good IMO, so I guess you could take my advice with a grain of salt. :P
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #17019 on: April 30, 2016, 12:42:12 am »

I already used the gold pine resin on the Taurus Demon. All of it. The first time I thought it was going to be easy; the second time, I thought the first one was a fluke; the third time, I was pissed and wanted to end it quickly. I'm not very good at Dark Souls is the thing. :P

I'm betting I should have picked my favorite weapon class and started building up its preferred stat by now, huh? I mostly use the longsword, although the spear is useful for poking certain enemies like the big rapier dude.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #17020 on: April 30, 2016, 12:45:00 am »

With the exception of the Dragon weapons (Drake Sword, etc.) and Astora's Straight Sword (the initials tell you what tier of weapon it is :P) pretty much any weapon is viable through the entire game. That being said, straight swords like the Long Sword are pretty damn good. You could also get a Falchion and use two-handed R1s for sanic speed attacking, plus (from what I hear) buff spells and such are really effective on the Falchion for some reason.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17021 on: April 30, 2016, 12:46:51 am »

>Not Broadsword.
>Not, with respectable Stamina, a block and six 1H R1 combo.
Black lives matter.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #17022 on: April 30, 2016, 12:48:50 am »

Broadsword falls under the straight sword category broseph. :P Actually, now that I think about it, axes are kind of bad (they have literally no R1 combo) save for the Pyormancer's starting axe, and my brother swears by the Black Knight Greataxe.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17023 on: April 30, 2016, 12:49:56 am »

I know, but you couldn't even mention it by name?! The disrespect...
Black lives matter.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #17024 on: April 30, 2016, 03:59:36 am »

I was fighting the weird stone thing right next to Andre's shop. I was doing steady chip damage and tanking most of its hits, including the jumping overhead stab. It took all of my stamina, but I was able to completely absorb that one without taking any HP damage.

Them, for some reason, it just one-hit killed me. I was facing it, had my shield up and full stamina, but it just brought both bars down to 0 and killed me instantly.

Dark Souls. There wasn't even much interesting behind him, except the door in the forest that (I assume) needs the Artorias Crest to open.
Pages: 1 ... 1133 1134 [1135] 1136 1137 ... 1571