Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1562 1563 [1564] 1565 1566 ... 1573

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2338088 times)

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #23445 on: July 23, 2023, 03:55:36 pm »

Killed by what I can only describe as a tormented soul that was freed from a magical battery.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Through pain, I find wisdom.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #23446 on: July 23, 2023, 06:25:36 pm »

FTL: we will take your engineer so you lose dodge points from his expertise!

Me: so what you gave me another guy who can do engineering earlier I’ll just use him.

FTL: have an event that reduces your engines to one point of power, then. Oh and an enemy ship that has three layers of shields and three weapons.

Me:

Had big guns, and put the remainder of my upgrades into the engine, so had one layer of shields, which didn’t even matter since I was getting missiles shot up my bum which bypasses shields anyway. This game is very fickle sometimes. It’ll give you enemies that you can wipe the floor with immediately followed up by an enemy who wipes the floor with you, and the very occasional but oddly amusing enemy that can’t shoot through your shields but you can’t shoot through theirs either.

Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23447 on: July 24, 2023, 06:13:17 pm »

Murder by Numbers: I got incredibly stuck on a puzzle that seems to require wild jumps in logic.

There is a Sudoku-like grid, and the numbers around the sides tell you how many consecutive blocks are in that row/column. Sometimes, it will tell you something like 3 4, which means there is a section of 3 blocks followed by one of 4 (left to right or up to down), with at least 1 space between them (because otherwise it'd be a 7). I need to put a block every box that is supposed to have a block in it, and can optionally mark every box that *cannot* have one with an X (usually after a section that has one, or when a row/column is finished).

« Last Edit: July 24, 2023, 06:39:56 pm by Iduno »

LuuBluum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23448 on: July 24, 2023, 07:21:00 pm »

Ah, Picross. Lemme just take a look real quick...

That column has a 2 and 1, but there is enough space for it to be the 2 with a 1 below it, or to be the 1 with a 2 somewhere above it.

Think about this a bit more. While both of these statements are true, there is something you have failed to conclude from these two statements that lets you take the next step.

EDIT: I solved it, by the way, if you want any more help.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2023, 07:28:59 pm by LuuBluum »

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23449 on: July 25, 2023, 12:30:05 pm »

Boy does doing this on a touchpad in MSPaint sucks... no idea what it's supposed to be though.

Spoiler: Answer (click to show/hide)

Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #23450 on: July 25, 2023, 04:14:44 pm »

For what it's worth, there's nonogram solvers online, and some of the basic maneuvers are on the wikipedia page.

Past a relatively simple point, those things give me a headache. I can do pretty intense sudoku but nonograms are just, like... no, no, I'm just going to not :-\
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23451 on: July 25, 2023, 05:18:06 pm »

I'm not going to look at Aois full answer since I'm also playing the game. But for just the next few steps:

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23452 on: July 25, 2023, 07:21:39 pm »

I got especially beat after messing with sentinels. Retreated with my exosuit shield down and only one hit point left. Managed to lose the sentinel force, but didn't see the hazardous plant directly infront of me. Died to a frickin' venus flytrap.

I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23453 on: July 26, 2023, 10:30:24 am »

Died many times to the final boss in Tunic.  I don't think I have the skill to beat it using a keyboard, so I resorted to cheesing the boss with the lure item, which took it from impossible to an outright joke.

Finished the game and I still love it and its concepts overall, but man are the boss fights just way too hard for no real reason.  The game has a "no fail" mode if you can't handle the combat, but I just wanted a more reasonable challenge...

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23454 on: July 26, 2023, 01:33:36 pm »

Sometimes you just get a game where everything goes wrong.

In twenty years I passed a single law because of pure bad luck on the rolls, China beelined towards the techs needed to stall me, I was constantly warring, often with multiple wars at the same time because I was trying to keep my rivals in check, and my allies were repeatedly crushed by their enemies despite my help.

Russia's not having a good time, I'm gonna restart.

Victoria 3

EDIT: New game, everything's gone a lot better.

I decided to fuck with Austria, because they're being dicks for no real reason. Should have been an easy win but the game had other ideas.

Every godddamn time I'd get somewhere with a front, all my guys would just... go home. Like they went "Right! Won a battle, job's a gun 'un" so unsurprisingly I couldn't actually make any gains since I'd have to send them all back to the front and by the time they were back there Austria had made up all their lost ground.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2023, 06:08:24 pm by Great Order »
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #23455 on: July 26, 2023, 09:17:47 pm »

Got my ass utterly handed to me by my own greed; my options lost 95% overnight after being up a good 40% the prior day

Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23456 on: July 28, 2023, 10:35:34 am »

I plonked my head directly on top of my Go Plus+ while trying to fall back asleep, thus hitting the button and causing it to end my sleep session at 4:30 in the morning after only a few hours of sleep. This annoyed me enough that it took me over an hour to fall asleep again.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23457 on: July 29, 2023, 08:59:31 pm »

Its been a long time, boot up TF2

Die to a sniper

Die to a spy

Die to random crit

repeat this like 16 times, basically never die to anything 'conventional'

Oh right, that's why I haven't played TF2 in years.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23458 on: August 02, 2023, 09:28:04 am »

My team got mobbed and killed by an unending swarm of aliens.

Otherwise I've found the game very fun and worth the price.  Arguably the best part is watching people's facial animations though.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23459 on: August 02, 2023, 03:27:10 pm »

Followed
Spoiler: actual story spoiler (click to show/hide)

into a guardroom in Hyrule Castle. They disappeared, and an enemy group health bar appeared. All I saw were two Ice Keese. Then I get hit in the back of the head by a Silver Moblin.

Dick move, Moblin.

Prior to this, I discovered by accident my first colosseum in the Depths.

It was the Lynel one.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.
Pages: 1 ... 1562 1563 [1564] 1565 1566 ... 1573