Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 258 259 [260] 261 262 ... 327

Author Topic: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread  (Read 620862 times)

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread
« Reply #3885 on: July 02, 2016, 12:02:51 pm »

Bone carving should have a submenu in the crafting section.

Leather is flat-out unusable for anything unless you mod.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3886 on: July 02, 2016, 12:30:38 pm »

Bone carving should have a submenu in the crafting section.

Leather is flat-out unusable for anything unless you mod.
It's not there. Just "Create sharp rock". Not sure if it's supposed to appear during certain circumstances, or whether my world is just broken somehow.

I think I recall at least being able to tan the hides to prevent them from rotting.

Edit: The issue seems to be the world. A new adventurer in a new world has the options. A new adventurer in the same world doesn't.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2016, 12:40:58 pm by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3887 on: July 02, 2016, 12:55:51 pm »

...derp. You ported over a save from a world predating all the updates, yes. >w>
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3888 on: July 02, 2016, 01:44:49 pm »

...derp. You ported over a save from a world predating all the updates, yes. >w>
I could've sworn it was a vanilla thing since before v0.34, but I guess it must have been a mod that came with LNP.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3889 on: July 02, 2016, 02:04:24 pm »

Or literally any Wanderer's Friend derivative in existence?
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3890 on: July 02, 2016, 05:55:20 pm »

Or literally any Wanderer's Friend derivative in existence?
That's what I meant, but I would've known about it if I'd gone out of my way to download it separately.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #3891 on: July 05, 2016, 02:13:07 pm »

does a masterwork cabinet do more damage than a base quality cabinet?
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3892 on: July 05, 2016, 07:09:16 pm »

does a masterwork cabinet do more damage than a base quality cabinet?
Doubtful. IIRC, quality only affects accuracy as well as the sharpness of edged weapons.

Codyrex123

• Bay Watcher
  • The Core shall be ours!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3893 on: July 11, 2016, 11:04:56 am »

Okay... So how the heck do I retire my hero at a camp he has made and claimed?

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3894 on: July 11, 2016, 12:29:33 pm »

Okay... So how the heck do I retire my hero at a camp he has made and claimed?

Are you an outsider? If so, you're fucked (unless a civilization exist to allow you to become a hearthperson, allegedly).

Otherwise, double-check that you designated a "main hall" zone somewhere, and that you laid your claim while standing in it.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Codyrex123

• Bay Watcher
  • The Core shall be ours!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3895 on: July 11, 2016, 01:23:16 pm »

AH, thats the issue, I don't have a main hall, guess I gotta build that now...
Dang, and its the only thing I didn't build.

Okay heres another, Is it going to be possible to reconnect nerves and such for adventurers some time in the future, or is there a way to do it now?

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3896 on: July 11, 2016, 01:50:24 pm »

No way that I know of, not sure if it's on the to-do list. Probably not, that sounds rather more complex surgery than DF would logically have, unless it gets added as a magic effect in the pending artifact updates.

You can however become a werebeast and regenerate in full when transforming, but that is a pain in the ass.

EDIT: Also, I remembered something. Let's say you have a breath interaction and your main focus is freezing targets with a permanently-cold material. What state of matter is best for cooling the victim off fastest, and what material properties (aside from the obvious fixed temp)?
« Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 12:16:41 am by Random_Dragon »
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #3897 on: July 12, 2016, 09:26:16 am »

No way that I know of, not sure if it's on the to-do list. Probably not, that sounds rather more complex surgery than DF would logically have, unless it gets added as a magic effect in the pending artifact updates.

You can however become a werebeast and regenerate in full when transforming, but that is a pain in the ass.

EDIT: Also, I remembered something. Let's say you have a breath interaction and your main focus is freezing targets with a permanently-cold material. What state of matter is best for cooling the victim off fastest, and what material properties (aside from the obvious fixed temp)?
I've heard something about this in Fortal Combat. Let's see... Ah, here it is.

How did you make the Cryomancers freeze people?

Experimenting with material properties.  The hard part isn't freezing people, actually, it's freezing people without destroying the cryomancer's own clothes in the process.  A liquid glob of a substance with a very low melting point and no boiling point, and a high SPEC_HEAT did the trick.  (Oddly, fixed temperature doesn't work.  Not sure why.)  If you don't need your creatures to wear clothes, you can have more success using trailing vapor or even just having a very low body temperature, like my yuki-onna.

Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3898 on: July 12, 2016, 12:11:56 pm »

Experimenting with material properties.  The hard part isn't freezing people, actually, it's freezing people without destroying the cryomancer's own clothes in the process.  A liquid glob of a substance with a very low melting point and no boiling point, and a high SPEC_HEAT did the trick.  (Oddly, fixed temperature doesn't work.  Not sure why.)  If you don't need your creatures to wear clothes, you can have more success using trailing vapor or even just having a very low body temperature, like my yuki-onna.

That shouldn't be much of a problem, since my first thought involving cryomancy was to give it to dragons for elemental varieties. Even intelligent ones likely won't get a civilization that allows clothes. XP
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

newsamsam

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3899 on: July 13, 2016, 10:44:35 pm »

I believe I saw the question before but can't find it now.
Did adventure create sites prevent bogeyman spawns or not?
Pages: 1 ... 258 259 [260] 261 262 ... 327