Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 327

Author Topic: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread  (Read 622095 times)

minno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread
« Reply #150 on: December 27, 2010, 07:08:49 pm »

Every town, retreat, or mountain home i go to -- NOTHING is there.

Im currently very drowsy surrounded by bogey men, ive been running for days, i ran to three settlements and it says im in the middle of a mountain home... ive looked all over the god damned field until it says im out of the zone, and theres nothing here!!! Where the hell are the dwarves? Why do these signs that say there are settlements take me to completely undeveloped land!?!

Elven forest retreats, Dwarven mountain halls, and Goblin dark fortresses are, as of 31.18, empty fields.  They still interact with each other during world gen, but the sites don't exist on the map for adventurers.

Human settlements come in 3 types:  hamlets, towns, and forts.  Towns and hamlets are the same, except that towns have shops.  Hamlets are represented by (-, =, 3 bars, and the AE symbol) on the map, and are bunches of white rectangles on the travel screen.  Towns are (+) on the map, and bunches of white and yellow rectangles on the travel screen.  Forts are (1,2,3)x3 rectangles on the travel screen made up of walls, a (lair symbol) representing the keep, and either (8 or infinity) representing the gate.

If you're at a town and can't find anything, look at the minimap on the left side of the screen.  It should show a white rectangle wherever there are one or more buildings.  If there are no rectangles, there are no buildings.  It sometimes takes a while to wander around and find a house, but it helps that most houses have a long line of "furrowed" terrain leading up to them.

ColonelTEE3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: December 28, 2010, 12:54:04 am »

So im very drowsy in game, and im god knows how many miles from the nearest town, and afaik, the sun will not rise while traveling on the field, only on the map. Bogeymen are on my trail and its only a matter of time before i drop dead from exhaustion.

Should i make a last stand? Or should i continue to try and run for the town and recover there, as i slowly get clipped and cut by these bogeymen that get lucky shots.
Fikod Rulushzasit Alis Mozir, Mace Lord has grown attached to a fox

leather coat

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: December 28, 2010, 03:04:48 am »

So im very drowsy in game, and im god knows how many miles from the nearest town, and afaik, the sun will not rise while traveling on the field, only on the map. Bogeymen are on my trail and its only a matter of time before i drop dead from exhaustion.

Should i make a last stand? Or should i continue to try and run for the town and recover there, as i slowly get clipped and cut by these bogeymen that get lucky shots.

It sounds like it's too late for that adventurer, but I find bogeymen don't appear in mountains or on beaches. Possibly they don't appear in tundra or wastelands either.
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

MythagoWoods

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware it's deadly sway!
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: December 28, 2010, 07:28:59 am »

or on beaches.
Then I think I encountered some bogeymen on vacation then.  I just finished losing my last adventurer cutting across a beach to get to a town at night when I got the "Cackling" sign then promptly beaten into submission by a group of them who hated the fact I interrupted their party.
My cows are war trainable. BEWARE THE BATTLE CATTLE!

Knigel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: December 28, 2010, 11:08:09 am »

afaik, the sun will not rise while traveling on the field, only on the map.

I know this isn't true, my last adventurer just went from a very late night ambush to dawn over what was probably like an in-game hour later.

vaaern

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: December 28, 2010, 12:34:36 pm »

mm, I'm definitly hooked by adventure mode right now (played fortress mode I bit too much), but I wonder, why do I not encounter more animals? Even in a pocket world I still run around for ages without seeing any life (or very low amounts) I also wonder, in 31.18 are there caverns to wander around in? Any help? :)

Knigel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: December 28, 2010, 01:57:31 pm »

mm, I'm definitly hooked by adventure mode right now (played fortress mode I bit too much), but I wonder, why do I not encounter more animals? Even in a pocket world I still run around for ages without seeing any life (or very low amounts) I also wonder, in 31.18 are there caverns to wander around in? Any help? :)

There are caverns, they're just harder to find. Try going to new populated areas and asking over and over again about the surroundings.

Svante

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: December 28, 2010, 08:18:21 pm »

So, my adventurer was killed by some elven bandits. She already got revenge through her spiritual successor, but I can't find the body to er... pay my respects (take her stuff). Did she disappear or am I just not looking hard enough?

If she's still there, is there any way I can speed up the search? I'm thinking of copying my save folder and then making fortresses to look at the stocks screen. Would that work?

Kobold Troubadour

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUSICALITY: +-]
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: December 28, 2010, 08:52:25 pm »

So, my adventurer was killed by some elven bandits. She already got revenge through her spiritual successor, but I can't find the body to er... pay my respects (take her stuff). Did she disappear or am I just not looking hard enough?

If she's still there, is there any way I can speed up the search? I'm thinking of copying my save folder and then making fortresses to look at the stocks screen. Would that work?
Well, where did you die? If you weren't in the bandit camp's "area" then all those stuff along with your body would simply vanish.

Are you sure it was Elven bandits and weren't the Local Elven town border patrols? People tend to confuse the ambushes and such...but my initial statements still stands, if you died somewhere else then you'll never get your stuff back cuz' they simply disintegrated to dust.
[UTTERANCES] kinda' makes it hard for people to understand kobold songs...

Shelegelah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: December 28, 2010, 11:27:37 pm »

Are you sure it was Elven bandits and weren't the Local Elven town border patrols?

Interesting... I was unaware you could run into elven anything, really. I haven't seen hide nor hair of them since the advent of .18.

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: December 29, 2010, 01:14:49 am »

How do I equip armor and unequip current clothes?

***CORROSION v2.14***
<<<More Than Just Zombies>>>
Back from the Dead!

Knigel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: December 29, 2010, 01:55:02 am »

How do I equip armor and unequip current clothes?

Equip with [w], unequip with [r].

Keep in mind, once you [r]emove equipment it's in your hand not your pack (even if you don't have a free hand) and you won't be able to wear "small" or "large" equipment.

Svante

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: December 29, 2010, 06:56:55 am »

Well, where did you die? If you weren't in the bandit camp's "area" then all those stuff along with your body would simply vanish.

Are you sure it was Elven bandits and weren't the Local Elven town border patrols? People tend to confuse the ambushes and such...but my initial statements still stands, if you died somewhere else then you'll never get your stuff back cuz' they simply disintegrated to dust.

I'm sure they were bandits, as I was the one who entered their camp. I hadn't got a quest to kill their leader, but when I saw they were elves I couldn't help myself.

Anyway, I tried to crawl away after they crippled me, and I got pretty far. I guess I was outside their area when I died. Now I can stop looking, thanks!

Riptendo

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: December 31, 2010, 11:41:57 am »

I was fighting a cougar with my bare hands, when it knocked me into a lake. It jumped in after me, and I was able to puncture it's heart, but now I can't get out of the lake!! There are no slopes around it. My character is drowsy, and it's night-time. Please help!!

Knigel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: December 31, 2010, 12:09:52 pm »

I was fighting a cougar with my bare hands, when it knocked me into a lake. It jumped in after me, and I was able to puncture it's heart, but now I can't get out of the lake!! There are no slopes around it. My character is drowsy, and it's night-time. Please help!!

Alt-move into a ledge. If that doesn't work, you're dead.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 327