Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 327

Author Topic: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread  (Read 620795 times)

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread
« Reply #420 on: March 19, 2011, 06:23:52 pm »

Are adventure mode reactions unable to improve an item by adding art to it? With the new improvements system, that is.
It's broken.
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

SuicideJunkie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: March 20, 2011, 12:20:30 am »

If you have a big enough world, you could just never again visit that civilization.  There's no way to remove criminal status from your character.
I accidentally stole a clear diamond encrusted crutch once.  It took two retirements in a neighboring human civ, or possibly starting a different adventurer and then switching back, but the people started talking to me again.  Then I got randomly stabbed in the face by a bandit :(

Joost66

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: March 20, 2011, 11:31:32 am »

Whenever i see a fort in adventure mode it is filled with animals... no humans anywhere. This causes a problem because it means the only recruits i can get are useless peasants... I have tried re-installing DF and tried making a new world... It doesn't help. Somone help me!
Hello. Have a nice day.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: March 20, 2011, 12:22:59 pm »

Are adventure mode reactions unable to improve an item by adding art to it? With the new improvements system, that is.
It's broken.

Oh nuts. Thanks for answering, really helpful. That may or may not be fixed in the next release.

Whenever i see a fort in adventure mode it is filled with animals... no humans anywhere. This causes a problem because it means the only recruits i can get are useless peasants... I have tried re-installing DF and tried making a new world... It doesn't help. Somone help me!

That's what happens when you encounter a worldgen fort that's been deserted/abandoned/slaughtered or whatever. If you really must find an undeserted fort, ask a random peasant about the capital of their civilization. Chances are you'll be lead to a civ leader SOMEWHERE. If not, gen a world with less savagery and less large beasts and more civilizations.

Rockphed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: March 20, 2011, 02:25:17 pm »

Those forts are really useful for improving combat skills.  Since wolves and turkeys and rhesus macaques don't pose much threat to an armored adventurer, just spend a while sleeping for an hour and then slaughtering the monkeys that have come into the place.
Only vaguely. Made of the same substance and put to the same use, but a bit like comparing a castle and a doublewide trailer.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: March 20, 2011, 06:47:39 pm »

How do you improve an adventurer's speed? I have maximum agility and am not drowsy or hurt at all, and this warlord from a quest I got after killing three ogres and seven night creatures can move four times my speed and make four attacks for every one I make. How is that even possible!?

noah22223

• Bay Watcher
  • No. you fucking lose.
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: March 20, 2011, 07:06:48 pm »

Every time I get a quest, DF crashes. Also, my worlds are always deleted when I close DF.
Halp?
 :-\
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWTFG3J1CP8
So I'm a Depressing Jesus Wizard being stalked by Satan Lights, and my home's wiring is going bad?
Goddammit.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #427 on: March 20, 2011, 07:30:36 pm »

How do you improve an adventurer's speed? I have maximum agility and am not drowsy or hurt at all, and this warlord from a quest I got after killing three ogres and seven night creatures can move four times my speed and make four attacks for every one I make. How is that even possible!?
I can only think of three things:
A. You're not standing (this would be moderately embarrassing)
B. You've somehow started sneaking without knowing it
C. You're carrying an ungodly amount of stuff

Or any combination of the above. All three can slow you to a crawl, one of them quite literally. Alternatively, find something and strangle it to death. It takes a long while, but your agility (and wrestling) will go up pretty quickly. Also, strength helps you go faster too, in the event of garbage overload.
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Dwarfoloid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: March 21, 2011, 05:41:57 pm »

I just happened to press ctrl+s instead shift+s for sneak, and it popped up a console style utility (it's not listed in keybindings). Anyone know what this console can be used for, if anything? Also, pressing ctrl+l logs what you wrte there.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2011, 05:45:28 pm by Dwarfoloid »

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: March 21, 2011, 05:44:22 pm »

I just happened to press ctrl+s instead shift+s for sneak, and it popped up a console style utility (it's not listed in keybindind). Anyone know what this console can be used for, if anything?

:o
I've never seen this before.
What the heck?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: March 22, 2011, 01:11:52 am »

I can only think of three things:
A. You're not standing (this would be moderately embarrassing)
B. You've somehow started sneaking without knowing it
C. You're carrying an ungodly amount of stuff

Or any combination of the above. All three can slow you to a crawl, one of them quite literally. Alternatively, find something and strangle it to death. It takes a long while, but your agility (and wrestling) will go up pretty quickly. Also, strength helps you go faster too, in the event of garbage overload.
Also you could pick up a crutch and drop it from your backpack. AFAIK crutches still work when in your backpacks (if you put them there), and they are not registered as "dropped" if you drop them from your backpack. So to fix that, pick up that crutch and drop it from YOUR HANDS.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: March 22, 2011, 09:14:27 am »

I just happened to press ctrl+s instead shift+s for sneak, and it popped up a console style utility (it's not listed in keybindings). Anyone know what this console can be used for, if anything? Also, pressing ctrl+l logs what you wrte there.
:o
I've never seen this before.
What the heck?
I must know.
*TolyK has taken a computer*
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: March 22, 2011, 11:52:37 am »

Maybe it's some sort of debug console and by inputting the right codes our adventurers can ascend to a higher plane of existence or something. Only problem is nothing I've tried putting in does anything.

tolkafox

• Bay Watcher
  • Capitalism, ho!
    • View Profile
    • Phantasm
« Reply #433 on: March 22, 2011, 02:22:07 pm »

Why do the humans sometimes kick me out of their houses when I sleep? I asked for permission and they said yes, but when I woke up I was sleeping in the dirt.

Can human doctors fix broken limbs/tissue?

Well I finally made it to the fortress, was drowsy so I decided to sleep. Where else would I wake up but behind the closed floodgates of my arena. The lever is on the other side of the doors.

How do I get through closed floodgates? Sleeping isn't working, despite sleeping being the method that got me behind the doors in the first place.

How do I open hatchcovers? Or does swimming prevent you from being capable of doing this?
« Last Edit: March 22, 2011, 07:17:03 pm by tolkafox »
It was a miracle of rare device, A sunny pleasure-dome with caves of ice!

lowbart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: March 24, 2011, 08:43:03 am »

Adventurers seem to have a problem with chronic sleepwalking. I woke up on a ramp halfway up an almost sheer cliff once.
"Are you there, gods? It's me, Mistêm."
Quote from: Boatmurdered
Guerilla Burialgears absently tucks the child's rock into his pack and turns to leave for good; his head hung low. His words trail behind him as he disappears over the ridge. It is a haunting whisper, quickly stolen away by the wind: "All burn..."
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 327