Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 327

Author Topic: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread  (Read 622101 times)

fakechuck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread
« Reply #735 on: May 22, 2012, 07:04:13 pm »

Hm. I did not try grasping with my lower arm instead of upper arm. You can't really grasp with your actual hands so I suppose that is what you mean. I had not noticed a difference before. To the testing grounds!
« Last Edit: May 22, 2012, 07:06:31 pm by fakechuck »

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: May 22, 2012, 07:13:01 pm »

Are both of your hands full (weapon and shield)? That might be the case of not being able to wrestle with your hand.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

fakechuck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: May 22, 2012, 07:27:32 pm »

Huh. I guess that never occurred to me before. I suppose there would be nothing wrong with holding both my shield and my weapon in the same hand to achieve this level of grasping freedom?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: May 22, 2012, 07:29:01 pm »

Ask the adventurers that hold 50 different swords in one hand and choke people with the other. Of course, that's hacking, but it's fine, methinks.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

fakechuck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: May 22, 2012, 07:43:01 pm »

You grab The ringleader by the small troll fur trousers with your left hand!
You struggle for the small troll fur trousers.
You gain possession of the small troll fur trousers.
The spinning small troll fur trousers strikes The ringleader in the head, shattering the skull and tearing the brain through the small care spider silk hood!
Estrur Odesazstrog, Goblin Pikeman has been struck down.

Success! Thanks, New Guy.

jhxmt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: May 28, 2012, 04:17:04 am »

I'm pretty new to Adventure Mode, been playing Fortress Mode for quite some time, but have hit a couple of minor questions:

1) Dwarf armor and clothing.  Is there any?  I'm aware (from the Wiki) that only human civs actually have structures (right?), so does this mean that I'm limited to buying human-size i.e. large clothing/armor that a dwarf character can't wear?

2) Wildlife.  My human hammerman is happily walking through the forest with his two companions (a human bowman and a dwarf spearman) and spots a turkey.  I go to attack the turkey, but get the "Are you sure?  Alt-Y to confirm" prompt, so back away, assuming it's tame and will anger everybody in the world simultaneously.  My companions, on the other hand, joyously charge in and kill the turkey without so much as an excuse me.  So - was the turkey tame?  If so, why did they attack it?  If not, why did I get the Alt-Y prompt?  Edit: never mind, found the answer to this one - they're non-hostile, not tame, so safe to kill! :)

3) Why is stabbing someone repeatedly in the face with a spear so satisfying?  ;)
« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 04:38:41 am by jhxmt »
Quote from: beefsupreme
Try slaughtering a ton of animals, meat makes less decisions than animals.

Why Your Ramps Don't Work
How To Breach A Volcano Safely

Trif

• Bay Watcher
  • the Not-Quite-So-Great-as-Toady One
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: May 28, 2012, 08:50:46 am »

1) You can't buy any (only humans have structures), but goblins wear dwarf-sized armor. If you get lucky, you might find some dwarf bandits in the dungeon. Another common practice is to build a fortress and to produce the clothing and armor yourself.

3) I prefer swords - chopping is fun, too!
Quote from: Toady One
I wonder if the game has become odd.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: May 28, 2012, 12:05:33 pm »

I always find some steel gear in megabeast and semi-mega lairs, along with the corpses of dwarven heroes who tried to kill them. This is a lot more likely around dwarven and goblin civilizations.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: May 29, 2012, 05:16:55 am »

If I make my fortress the Mountainhome (with king and all that), then abandon it, and start an adventurer, will dwarves of that civilization give correct directions to the fort if I ask them about the capital?
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Trif

• Bay Watcher
  • the Not-Quite-So-Great-as-Toady One
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: May 29, 2012, 05:31:04 am »

They probably would, but you can't ask any dwarfs of that civilization because you can't visit worldgen fortresses in adventurer mode.
However, you can travel in the general direction of your fortress and ask the humans about the surroundings - you get correct directions and the fortress appears on your travel map.
Quote from: Toady One
I wonder if the game has become odd.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: May 29, 2012, 05:37:15 am »

They probably would, but you can't ask any dwarfs of that civilization because you can't visit worldgen fortresses in adventurer mode.
However, you can travel in the general direction of your fortress and ask the humans about the surroundings - you get correct directions and the fortress appears on your travel map.

I play a modded game, where dwarves have towns and hamlets so they do show up.
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

wsoxfan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: May 29, 2012, 07:32:07 am »

How do you heal red wounds? Or are they permanently red?

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: May 30, 2012, 12:18:27 pm »

Is it possible to somehow cool down yourself?
I mean, like when you are melting from hot smoke from your own spells.
Protip guise: If you are playing Genesis, only use the fireballs in the open, otherwise just use other non-firerey spells.
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: May 30, 2012, 06:20:23 pm »

Is it possible to somehow cool down yourself?
I mean, like when you are melting from hot smoke from your own spells.
Jump in water. It super-cools you.

I'm playing as a Satyr, which can live indefinitely, can_learn, can_speak, and I am a novice reader. I cleared out a Necromancer's tower and looted about 5 books about 'the secrets of life and death'. I've read all of them repeatedly but haven't learned necromancy. Why haven't I learned it? And why hasn't my Reader skill gained any xp? Any answers would be appreciated.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: May 30, 2012, 06:22:15 pm »

I haven't done it myself yet, but I've heard that to learn necromancy you have to read a stone slab, not a book. Maybe try looking for one in the tower?
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 327