Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 327

Author Topic: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread  (Read 620834 times)

Jables

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread
« Reply #825 on: August 06, 2012, 03:36:08 pm »

If the quest is located near or in a town, then you can ask an NPC in the town about service and they'll give you the quest to kill the vampire, including the direction of the building the vampire is in. The compass only gives you approximate location, so you'll have to go from house to house asking about service and following directions until they don't give you a direction. This indicates that the vampire is in that house, so you should talk to everyone until you find someone with the same name as the vampire. Accuse them of being a night creature and watch as the townspeople beat the vampire to death.

I think you can also get quests to kill vampires located in sewers/dungeons, in which case it's probably not worth trying to find them.

TallAsAHouseDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: August 06, 2012, 11:45:13 pm »

The freaking vamp was supposed to be in the middle of the forest. I've now been assigned to kill him twice during my adventures and at both times I just failed to find him.

The other difficulty is the sewers. I went to the place with sewer access and I've been in at least one sewer with no luck and went through a castle hoping to find another one. Then I found a grate with a downward slope on the street, which I noticed since I couldn't walk over it but I can't get there, at least not with alt-arrow.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: August 07, 2012, 12:29:02 am »

The freaking vamp was supposed to be in the middle of the forest. I've now been assigned to kill him twice during my adventures and at both times I just failed to find him.

In a forest retreat? Sorry, you cannot find him as he does not physically exist.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Incantatar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: August 15, 2012, 10:07:09 am »

1.I really don't understand how the inventory affects speed. Sometimes i pick stuff up and speed doesn't change at all, sometimes it plummets. The wiki says:
Every item carried lowers speed relative to the item's weight.
How can this be true when i just dropped every item on a new adventurer and speed didn't change at all?

2. Is there a way to see if your ability is rising after superhuman?

3. How important is it to have non-armor clothing? And does its quality matter? The wiki isn't specific here.

Trif

• Bay Watcher
  • the Not-Quite-So-Great-as-Toady One
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: August 15, 2012, 11:57:12 am »

1.I really don't understand how the inventory affects speed. Sometimes i pick stuff up and speed doesn't change at all, sometimes it plummets. The wiki says:
How can this be true when i just dropped every item on a new adventurer and speed didn't change at all?
The starting equipment is fairly light. Try picking up rocks or wearing armor, your speed will change accordingly. You can see each item's weight by loo(k)ing at it, by the way.

2. Is there a way to see if your ability is rising after superhuman?
Not without using external tools, I think.

3. How important is it to have non-armor clothing? And does its quality matter? The wiki isn't specific here.
Well, obviously it can't protect you nearly as well as armor, but every additional layer of clothing contributes to weakening blows. The effect is barely noticeable, but it might save your life someday.
The quality doesn't matter unless it's masterwork ☼clothing☼, but that's very difficult to find.
Quote from: Toady One
I wonder if the game has become odd.

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: August 15, 2012, 03:28:57 pm »

Tiny question: is it possible to pick up and use slik web? I simply can't find out how, and am starting to think it's not possible...
Only if you're WEBIMMUNE, you walk onto the web and pick up the silk.

All creatures have a weight limit that depends on creature size and strength. If you don't hit the over-encumbrance threshold(hidden stat) your speed stays the same. If you pass the threshold you'll find your speed falling extremely fast for every added pound.
It also depends on hunger, drowsiness, thirst, and fat. Your adventurer could be over eating and gaining fat that slows him down. Good thing about getting fat though is how much longer it takes to get to starving without eating. At obese you can fast travel for around a week without food, still need water though.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

Incantatar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: August 15, 2012, 06:21:11 pm »

Thank you guys that was helpful!  :)

random_odd_guy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: August 19, 2012, 05:55:44 pm »

How do I see my title...in english...when I become a legend...

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: August 19, 2012, 06:00:52 pm »

How do I see my title...in english...when I become a legend...
If you've ever killed someone with a weapon, view it. Or talk to someone you've never talked to before, your name will pop up.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

random_odd_guy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: August 19, 2012, 06:03:22 pm »

Thank you....apparently I am Pevit JusticeProwlers the rapid brains...what the...?_?

Another question, being an invincible colossus, I jumped into a volcano and am swimming around in the magma sea....I was wondering if there was any way to reach the hidden fun stuff from here, or if I am just wasting time. (there is a strange lack of lava based fauna, on that note)
« Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 01:14:42 am by random_odd_guy »

DSnow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: September 09, 2012, 07:44:47 pm »

Hi guys! I've got a few questions- I've done some forum searches without luck and these seem like small details so I didn't want to make a thread.

1- Is there anyway to reduce 10 single gold coins in your inventory to [10] gold coins? Seems rather cluttered having so many individual listings of the same item. I read something on the wiki about buying and then selling goods back to a merchant, but I'm not quite sure how that is supposed to work.

2- I'm having trouble interacting with a well to get water. Figured this one out.

3- Can you discard quests once you've received them? I've got one in which I can't find the target (dwarven vampire lurking out in the mountains) and if I can I'd rather clear it that having my map always showing TSK in his direction.

Thanks!  :)
« Last Edit: September 09, 2012, 09:13:20 pm by DSnow »

Trif

• Bay Watcher
  • the Not-Quite-So-Great-as-Toady One
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: September 10, 2012, 05:57:25 am »

1- Currently, there is no stacking in the game. If you take something from a stack, you can't put the stack back together. However, with coins there is a little trick: you could buy something from a merchant using your individual coins and sell it back to him for some new coins. Of course you can't sell it for the original price, but at least you'll get a fresh new stack of coins.

3- These quests will linger in your quest log forever. There is no way to clear them.
Quote from: Toady One
I wonder if the game has become odd.

Mr.Pylon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: September 11, 2012, 12:53:55 am »

Ahoy all, I've been playing adventure mode for a little while and now my little dude has the task to take down a dwarven vampire with some 6000+ kills but the problem is that I can't find the entrance to the dwarven fortress that he's in.

I've been wandering around the hills for days in-game now trying to find the entrance, and while I do know that the marker in the top-left of the screen will only point to the centre of the dwarven fortress and not the vampire himself is there any better way of finding this target? Is there an easier way of finding a fortress entrance?

Thanks in advance, though I'm thinking of giving up on this one.

Rockphed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: September 11, 2012, 02:06:27 am »

Ahoy all, I've been playing adventure mode for a little while and now my little dude has the task to take down a dwarven vampire with some 6000+ kills but the problem is that I can't find the entrance to the dwarven fortress that he's in.

I've been wandering around the hills for days in-game now trying to find the entrance, and while I do know that the marker in the top-left of the screen will only point to the centre of the dwarven fortress and not the vampire himself is there any better way of finding this target? Is there an easier way of finding a fortress entrance?

Thanks in advance, though I'm thinking of giving up on this one.

Since dwarf mountainhomes are not currently extant, you cannot kill vampire dwarves in adventure mode.  In the next version, you should be able to hunt them down.
Only vaguely. Made of the same substance and put to the same use, but a bit like comparing a castle and a doublewide trailer.

Artinnio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: September 12, 2012, 05:30:43 pm »

Hey, I just came across a Necromancer tower, I just started playing Adventure mode yesterday and my human has a full set of iron and an iron longsword, he also has a crossbowman, archer and a pike-man backing him. What else should I do to prepare for the assault? I'm pretty sure charging in blades-shining will achieve much, other than !!FUN!!
EDIT: also, is there a way to cure Vampirism? (in case that's the way to go for resurrecting bodies)
« Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 05:32:20 pm by Artinnio »
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 327