Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 327

Author Topic: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread  (Read 621905 times)

Duefaku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread
« Reply #1170 on: February 03, 2013, 09:03:39 am »

I don't mean to be annoying, but can can someone answer this?
If I replace [SWIMS_LEARNED] with [SWIMS_INNATE] in the human's raws, (so my companions can swim)
how will that affect allocating points to swimming in the chargen screen? Does it just ignore not a swimmer by allowing you to swim, but still giving the advantages of faster swim speed and ability to be stunned in the water in later skill levels?

Trif

• Bay Watcher
  • the Not-Quite-So-Great-as-Toady One
    • View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: February 03, 2013, 09:07:30 am »

I think you're more likely to get an answer in the modding subforum.
Quote from: Toady One
I wonder if the game has become odd.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: February 03, 2013, 09:16:47 am »

I'd recommend trying this thread.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Shalderave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1173 on: February 03, 2013, 02:36:23 pm »

What carries a higher risk of decapitation? Grabbing the head and pinching the head; or grabbing the head and pinching the throat? Or is it jsut the same as if I was hitting it with a sword?
When the adventurer is told there is no more need for them, when there are no more targets to kill, why do they act surprised when our "hero" turns towards them and says "No"?

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: February 03, 2013, 03:01:34 pm »

just strangle them. . .  but pinching the throat can be fatal.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1175 on: February 04, 2013, 01:18:54 pm »

Do fortress traps now affect adventurers by default?

Trif

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1176 on: February 04, 2013, 01:25:14 pm »

Yes, except for cage traps.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1177 on: February 04, 2013, 01:26:49 pm »

Does avoiding them work off of your dodge?

Trif

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1178 on: February 04, 2013, 01:40:02 pm »

It's just an attack like any other, you have a chance to block or dodge it based on the respective skills.

Another good skill to have is observer. Observant adventurers can spot traps, very useful if you don't want to trigger them.

coldmonkey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: February 04, 2013, 03:01:07 pm »

Do fortress traps now affect adventurers by default?
You can turn off traps in Adventure Mode through the d_init.txt file.
I found a human city named Sleevevirgins. It was easily the biggest city in the world, so clearly I wasn't the first person to come inside the city's walls.

Aerie

• Bay Watcher
  • Mae fy hofrenfad yn llawn llyswennod.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1180 on: February 04, 2013, 03:55:52 pm »

I don't mean to be annoying, but can can someone answer this?
If I replace [SWIMS_LEARNED] with [SWIMS_INNATE] in the human's raws, (so my companions can swim)
how will that affect allocating points to swimming in the chargen screen? Does it just ignore not a swimmer by allowing you to swim, but still giving the advantages of faster swim speed and ability to be stunned in the water in later skill levels?

[SWIMS_INNATE] lets a creature swim without having learned the swimming skill. That's all it does, nothing more or less.

If you want creatures to be able to naturally swim WELL (i.e. no drowning from stunning) add [NATURAL_SKILL:SWIMMING:3] to their raws.
Play my forum game, The Darkness Below!

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #1181 on: February 04, 2013, 04:14:13 pm »

So I was messing around in Adventure Mode when my dwarf went and got himself stabbed in the ear. 

Naturally, I chopped off the goblins arm and beat him to death with it.

Later, I noticed that my ear had become infected.  Not wanting to lose my adventurer, I resolved to do the dwarfy thing and amputate it.

I use the Lazy Newb pack and it comes with dfhack, which includes a function called "adv-bodyswap."  If it does what I think it does, then I would switch bodies with my companion, have him strangle me until I pass out, then calmly hack my ear off with a blunt axe.  Upon completion of this medieval surgical procedure, I'd switch back to my adventurer and continue his reign of terror as Urist McOneear.

Thing is, I can't figure out how to use "adv-bodyswap" properly.  What's more is that I can't find any real instructions anywhere else.  Can anyone tell me how to switch bodies in Adventure Mode?

EDIT: Never mind, I figured it out.  You go to (l)ook, then view the unit details of a unit you want to swap with, then use adv-bodyswap.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 04:52:29 pm by evictedSaint »

tyrannus007

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1182 on: February 06, 2013, 02:43:39 am »

adv-bodyswap sounds pretty cool. Can you switch to someone, then keep playing as them after the original adventurer died?
GENERATION 26:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1183 on: February 06, 2013, 05:39:05 am »

Later, I noticed that my ear had become infected.  Not wanting to lose my adventurer, I resolved to do the dwarfy thing and amputate it.

I use the Lazy Newb pack and it comes with dfhack, which includes a function called "adv-bodyswap."  If it does what I think it does, then I would switch bodies with my companion, have him strangle me until I pass out, then calmly hack my ear off with a blunt axe.  Upon completion of this medieval surgical procedure, I'd switch back to my adventurer and continue his reign of terror as Urist McOneear.
Let us know if this hack job works!

Larix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: February 06, 2013, 07:29:27 am »

Ah, dwarven healthcare at its finest.
There's no urgent need to amputate infected tissue in adventure mode. You can survive that for several months without trouble. I guess it might be a problem if you set recuperation and disease resitance to 'low' or 'very low'.

Confusingly, infection doesn't set in all that reliably. I had a character with average health stats who had torn cartilage in an ear and a broken nail which were both constantly marked red in the health screen, but infection never set in, in about three months world-time. Maybe bathing in clean water staves off infection?
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 327