Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 327

Author Topic: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread  (Read 621902 times)

vastaghen12

• Bay Watcher
  • [BIOME_SUPPORT: ANY_COMPUTER:1]
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread
« Reply #1815 on: July 09, 2014, 05:14:43 pm »

Question:

How do I intercept attacks?
I see that the shift+a menu can tell me when an enemy is attacking me, but I dont get information of what body part is performing the attack and as such I am unable to counterattack. Is that information presented somewhere else? Or should I be doing a completely different thing.

--

On an unrelated note it is possible to do multiple attacks and fire a bow in the same turn. My elf archers just got way more dangerous.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #1816 on: July 09, 2014, 05:18:07 pm »

Blocking crashes the game, if that's what you want.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Trif

• Bay Watcher
  • the Not-Quite-So-Great-as-Toady One
    • View Profile
« Reply #1817 on: July 09, 2014, 05:41:39 pm »

Question:

I see that the shift+a menu can tell me when an enemy is attacking me, but I dont get information of what body part is performing the attack and as such I am unable to counterattack. Is that information presented somewhere else? Or should I be doing a completely different thing.
You have to be a better fighter to get better information. If you have lots of combat experience, that menu tells you how and when the enemy attacks and where the attack is aiming. Then you can wrestle the attacking body part and intercept the blow. But for now, you just have to fight more and get better.
Quote from: Toady One
I wonder if the game has become odd.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1818 on: July 09, 2014, 05:46:40 pm »

Question:

You have to be a better fighter to get better information. If you have lots of combat experience, that menu tells you how and when the enemy attacks and where the attack is aiming. Then you can wrestle the attacking body part and intercept the blow. But for now, you just have to fight more and get better.
I can imagine a powerful adventurer in a fistfight, being able to see when person is about to punch, seizing their hand, and breaking it. It would be like they were a master of CQC or something.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #1819 on: July 09, 2014, 05:57:42 pm »

I'm gonna go make said adventurer
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1820 on: July 09, 2014, 06:37:56 pm »

How do you do quicksaves? If possible.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #1821 on: July 09, 2014, 07:32:06 pm »

Nope, sorry.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

RealFear

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1822 on: July 09, 2014, 07:43:11 pm »

Question:

Pretty sure the specific skill is actually observer.
It's a reverse hostage situation, if you kill the snatchers they'll fill your fort with babies.

Lalasa

• Bay Watcher
  • And then there will be none
    • View Profile
« Reply #1823 on: July 09, 2014, 08:07:17 pm »

I still would really like to know of a way to reduce movement lag in a dark fortress.  There's no way my adventurer will even be able to leave; it gets progressively slower.

Witty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1824 on: July 09, 2014, 08:16:01 pm »

I'm pretty the lag is caused by the plethora of local unseen inhabitants having nice chats about how awesome the cause is.   

I don't think this issue is really fixable via modding as of right now. This was a problem in the previous version as well in the more populous human cities.
Quote from: Toady One
I understand that it is disappointing when a dwarf makes a spiked loincloth instead of an axe.

Lalasa

• Bay Watcher
  • And then there will be none
    • View Profile
« Reply #1825 on: July 09, 2014, 08:35:47 pm »

Aw man, I was doing so great too.  I'll probably have to end up making another world or something.
What's annoying in fact is that most of the inhabitants I met are trolls and they don't even speak yet their cause is still making me lag to a freeze.

alexandertnt

• Bay Watcher
  • (map 'list (lambda (post) (+ post awesome)) posts)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1826 on: July 09, 2014, 09:55:30 pm »

Is there some way I can stop when there is any combat/danger automatically while moving? Holding the move key sometimes results in me "suddenly dying" from enemies (particularly ranged enemies on other z levels).

Also, is there a way to bring up a zoomed in map? The travel screen doesn't work on some sites, so I can't really use that.
This is when I imagine the hilarity which may happen if certain things are glichy. Such as targeting your own body parts to eat.

You eat your own head
YOU HAVE BEEN STRUCK DOWN!

snjwffl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1827 on: July 09, 2014, 10:03:52 pm »

Where is the list of quests?  The [Q]uest menu doesn't seem to have anything relevant to quests.

RealFear

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1828 on: July 09, 2014, 10:05:35 pm »

Where is the list of quests?  The [Q]uest menu doesn't seem to have anything relevant to quests.
The list of quests are where the quests are, gone.
It's a reverse hostage situation, if you kill the snatchers they'll fill your fort with babies.

AMTiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1829 on: July 09, 2014, 10:08:54 pm »

How do you keep a hand free short of just dropping the last thing you picked up?
 I dropped my shield so I could climb, and now there's 20 meat in it. Anyway to put in your backpack?
 Fairly certain it's always just gone there automatically in the past
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 327