Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 149 150 [151] 152 153 ... 327

Author Topic: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread  (Read 620815 times)

Shizmoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread
« Reply #2250 on: September 02, 2014, 01:44:00 pm »

Do priests with special names do anything? Whats so special about them?

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2251 on: September 02, 2014, 02:25:43 pm »

Do priests with special names do anything? Whats so special about them?

The special names usually just mean that they are a head priest, and the names may relate to spheres of their god.

They don't do anything special gameplay-wise that I know of.

Shizmoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2252 on: September 02, 2014, 02:52:12 pm »

When I look at description of my character it sometimes says he is tall or short but the skill screen says "average-sized" for a human. Which one is right because I know height plays a key in weapon usage.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2253 on: September 02, 2014, 03:13:02 pm »

When I look at description of my character it sometimes says he is tall or short but the skill screen says "average-sized" for a human. Which one is right because I know height plays a key in weapon usage.

Width also plays a role. Someone who is tall but thin would average out, for example.

Chaine Maile

• Bay Watcher
  • Definitely Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2254 on: September 02, 2014, 03:57:17 pm »

I know I can loot my Fortress in adventure mode for good gear. Can I drop items inside a retired fortress and find them again in Fortress mode? I have a bag of unicorn teeth in need of turning into necklaces! Well, not really, but you get the idea.

I believe it'll get added to the items in the fort, though it may be hard to find later on.
You may need someone more knowledgeable about reclaiming.

Any confirmations from prior experiences? I'd hate to bother making a fort and adventurer just to invent a wheel someone else already perfected. If no one knows, I don't mind some !!!SCIENCE!!! and will march off to create a hut on a tiny embark and also gather unicorn teeth in adventure mode.

Thanks for your input!

Pirate Bob

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC: TORTURE_FOR_SCIENCE: ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2255 on: September 03, 2014, 03:12:51 pm »

I know I can loot my Fortress in adventure mode for good gear. Can I drop items inside a retired fortress and find them again in Fortress mode? I have a bag of unicorn teeth in need of turning into necklaces! Well, not really, but you get the idea.

I believe it'll get added to the items in the fort, though it may be hard to find later on.
You may need someone more knowledgeable about reclaiming.
Any confirmations from prior experiences? I'd hate to bother making a fort and adventurer just to invent a wheel someone else already perfected. If no one knows, I don't mind some !!!SCIENCE!!! and will march off to create a hut on a tiny embark and also gather unicorn teeth in adventure mode.

Thanks for your input!
I can say with certainty that when I had my adventurer "give into starvation" (I wasn't paying attention, and thought I was retiring him) inside a temporarily retired fort (in other words, retired, not abandoned), his corpse, along with all his stuff, was there when I reclaimed the fort, right where he had died.  I assume this means that dropped items will also stay put, but I haven't actually tried that.

If you want to make it !!SCIENCE!!, you need to start some fires in adventure mode and see if they're still burning when you reclaim the fort  :P (note - I am 99% sure they will not be, as when you fast travel or sleep in adventure mode all fires go out, sadly).

Chaine Maile

• Bay Watcher
  • Definitely Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2256 on: September 03, 2014, 06:50:10 pm »

Well, I know campfires last about 4 "Urist Hours", and that time between game starts is two weeks. So the trick would be creating a fire that can last atleast two weeks. Maybe something involving magma, an iron bucket/minecart, and Lignite? Better have a river nearby to put out the adventurer, also.

Wimopy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2257 on: September 04, 2014, 10:01:47 am »

Well, I know campfires last about 4 "Urist Hours", and that time between game starts is two weeks. So the trick would be creating a fire that can last atleast two weeks. Maybe something involving magma, an iron bucket/minecart, and Lignite? Better have a river nearby to put out the adventurer, also.

I see no point to the last part. Burning adventurer in clothes = more fuel for the fire, no?
Now updating the Monster Hunter Universe mod
Current Version: 0.4.95b - Updated June 17, 2015
New Thread
Download
Old Thread

tyrannus007

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2258 on: September 04, 2014, 10:30:55 am »

I actually did get a quest as a hearthperson once. I was playing a dwarf, and my civ was at war with some neighboring elves. I asked the lord about my duties as a hearthperson (actually, I think I was called a fortress guard), and he told me to go cause some trouble for the elves. He was pretty vague, so I went to the nearby forest retreat and cut off some heads. That didn't seem to finish the quest, however.
GENERATION 26:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment

Pirate Bob

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC: TORTURE_FOR_SCIENCE: ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2259 on: September 04, 2014, 02:11:47 pm »

I meant to "ignite" so nearby vegetation, or otherwise light a permanent fire.  These fires will last a very long time and will also spread to surrounding vegetation and flammables if you have the patience to keep waiting (".") without fast traveling or sleeping, but seem to all disappear up fast travel.  Magma might also work.  I have no idea.  That's what makes it !!SCIENCE!!

I actually did get a quest as a hearthperson once. I was playing a dwarf, and my civ was at war with some neighboring elves. I asked the lord about my duties as a hearthperson (actually, I think I was called a fortress guard), and he told me to go cause some trouble for the elves. He was pretty vague, so I went to the nearby forest retreat and cut off some heads. That didn't seem to finish the quest, however.
Interesting.  I will have to see if I can get this to work.  By "at war", do you mean he was talking about "armies on the march", or did they actually say they were "at war" when you asked about troubles.  How specifically did you determine that they were at war?

Chaine Maile

• Bay Watcher
  • Definitely Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2260 on: September 04, 2014, 06:08:31 pm »

I see no point to the last part. Burning adventurer in clothes = more fuel for the fire, no?

I picture two dwarves poking a smoking human corpse and iron bucket with a stick, "Yup, I lost an uncle like that once. He never wore pants, and drank half the bucket before his beard caught fire... Poor Uncle Urist..."

Shizmoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2261 on: September 05, 2014, 01:11:42 am »

Did toady fix dwarf clothes being too big in fortress/hillocks?

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2262 on: September 05, 2014, 07:22:40 am »

Yes, he just did in 40.11. The fortresses never seem to have steel though.

Nikita

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2263 on: September 05, 2014, 08:58:16 am »

Has anyone ever managed to complete a "go cause trouble to X" quest?

Shizmoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2264 on: September 05, 2014, 12:09:22 pm »

Yes, he just did in 40.11. The fortresses never seem to have steel though.

That would be kinda OP to start with or find steel so easily
Pages: 1 ... 149 150 [151] 152 153 ... 327