Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 173 174 [175] 176 177 ... 327

Author Topic: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread  (Read 620833 times)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread
« Reply #2610 on: January 02, 2015, 06:20:02 pm »

Also how do i enter a martial trance, do i activate it myself now or does it happen automatically with dwarves.

Martial trance requires facing multiple opponents. Then he can run amok.
No.  Run Armok.

But yea.  You cant go into a martial trance if you have allies in sight, either.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Borge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2611 on: January 02, 2015, 11:56:34 pm »

How do i climb a tree? I'm trying to throw all the elves out of their trees.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2015, 12:09:24 am by Borge »

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2612 on: January 03, 2015, 12:05:42 am »

Press 'h'. It should bring up a list of nearby structures you can hang on to.

Borge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2613 on: January 03, 2015, 12:09:44 am »

Press 'h'. It should bring up a list of nearby structures you can hang on to.

Thanks  :P

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2614 on: January 03, 2015, 12:49:40 am »

OH MY ARMOK, DID YOU JUST (s)TAND UP AND CHUCK THAT ELF?

I never tried that, moving around and such just breaks my grip... holy blood that is amazing...

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2615 on: January 03, 2015, 02:09:13 am »

Would it be reasonable to give an adventurer armed with a crossbow, some hammer training for melee situations?
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

a smiling bearded cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOTHOUGHT][NO_SLEEP]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2616 on: January 03, 2015, 02:26:05 am »

Would it be reasonable to give an adventurer armed with a crossbow, some hammer training for melee situations?

If this adventurer has already been made, then yes, reasonable but suboptimal.

But if the adventurer has not been rolled, I'd suggest making your regular melee character and having him/her pick up a bow at a mead hall, which is the reverse set up.

My view is it's easier to go from melee to bow than the other way around. YMMV.

Manzeenan

• Bay Watcher
  • [SLOWLEARNER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2617 on: January 03, 2015, 03:20:09 am »

How do i know if my adventurer can one hand multigrasp weaopns? Is there a way to check or modify dwarves with dfhack or something?

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2618 on: January 03, 2015, 03:27:06 am »

How do i know if my adventurer can one hand multigrasp weaopns? Is there a way to check or modify dwarves with dfhack or something?

With both hands free, try picking up the weapon. If you can comfortably use it one-handed, you will use it one-handed. If you multi-grasp it, then you are not able to use it one-handed without taking penalties.

You can likely use DFHack to observe or alter your size, but I am not certain as to how.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2619 on: January 03, 2015, 03:29:17 am »

I was running around earlier with a dorf using a steel crossbow in her right hand and a steel spear in her left hand.

Stick bolts into stuff to get it to come play, if it falls over before it reaches you that is fine too. When it is close enough and you are 1 on 1 try to jab the spear into their neck or head, if they don't die and it ends up stuck you can beat on them with the crossbow or do a multi-option to smack them with the crossbow+move around them to dislodge the spear. If there are multiple enemies and you can hit two of them, assuming you did get hammer skill up high enough you can do damn well braining stuff with the crossbow and spearing necks/skulls with the spear.

Really though I was trying to get some usable corpses to reanimate so I tried out crossbow+shield, if something is close enough I clamp the neck with my right upper arm, bash anything nearby with the crossbow if needed, block with the shield, and shoot anything out of reach as I strangle the first poor bastard I got a hold of.

It worked great, too great, because I ended up with a rather unwieldy horde of undead goblins who wouldn't leave the one I was choking along long enough to finish them off.

You can also make use of stealth and go up and bash stuff in the guts to make it fall over then unload bolts into it while periodically working it over about the face and ass with the crossbow.

kingu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2620 on: January 03, 2015, 05:44:58 am »

Can I get companions to equip armour i give to them? I gave one a breastplate and he just held it in his hand.

Manzeenan

• Bay Watcher
  • [SLOWLEARNER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2621 on: January 03, 2015, 05:59:31 am »

Can I get companions to equip armour i give to them? I gave one a breastplate and he just held it in his hand.
If they can wear it and it is better than their current one then in a turn or so they will "organize their possessions" and equip the "best" choice

kingu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2622 on: January 03, 2015, 09:15:18 am »

Thanks guys!
Has anyone tried the fame system on a player build fortress? I traveled across the map to get som gear and recruit a couple of my fortress dwarfs but I cant get my fame up. I have killeed 50 something goblins from ambushes and such wich i told them about but my fame seemingly has not gon up at all. Still at two useless companions.

I would do real quests but all they give me is all the way back across the map likely back at where the parent civ is.

Goblin camps are plentyful and so are ambushes but do these really raise fame like they used to? I have only brought up the incidents (in wich I slew..) Have I missed some interaction to complete the fame gain?

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2623 on: January 03, 2015, 11:29:32 am »

If the gobs aren't bugging a civ I don't think it gives much more fame than just saying "I slew a horse and a bunch of ravens" really.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2624 on: January 03, 2015, 11:42:19 am »

Its about killing enemy of civs.  Killing a dragon half a world away will get you an apathetic response.
  'We have little use for such rumors.'
    or
  'It was inevitable'

You gotta kill relevant enemies of civs.  Regional Megas and semimegas, night critters, and warriors work because they are enemies.  The interface and informationget for adventurer is a little underwhelming, frankly.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!
Pages: 1 ... 173 174 [175] 176 177 ... 327