Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 207 208 [209] 210 211 ... 327

Author Topic: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread  (Read 621960 times)

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread
« Reply #3120 on: December 18, 2015, 12:43:20 pm »

How long do you have to hold a living person in a campfire before they start to cook?

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #3121 on: December 18, 2015, 03:15:31 pm »

How long do you have to hold a living person in a campfire before they start to cook?

I don't know about living people.

I threw a goblin corpse on the ground and lit a fire on it (not a campfire, i actually set fire to the brush), it took quite awhile for it all (including the goblins clothes) to burn away. but it did eventually all get turned to ash. (no trace of the goblin left , just ashes)
Turns out fires also spread in adventure mode if you wait long enough too.
 i created a macro that was just me pressing "."  (ctrl + r to record keypressed and ctrl+p to play) for awhile and i kept playing it.... to give you an idea i was tired when i started and by the end my guy was no longer tired and he became thirsty shortly thereafter, i dont know the exact amount of time but it takes awhile. Also, if you use "z" to wait they wont burn (most of the time anyway, i have gotten fat from corpses by using z wait, before though), you have to use "."

« Last Edit: December 18, 2015, 03:17:46 pm by Untrustedlife »
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3122 on: December 18, 2015, 03:26:02 pm »

Best way to burn NPCs is to play a dragon.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3123 on: December 18, 2015, 03:36:29 pm »

I already know how to dispose of dead people, but I was doing this to make a point. I couldn't imagine any clearer way to express my displeasure with him than to practice my singing while watching him burn alive.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3124 on: December 18, 2015, 03:50:33 pm »

I already know how to dispose of dead people, but I was doing this to make a point. I couldn't imagine any clearer way to express my displeasure with him than to practice my singing while watching him burn alive.

Like I said, best way to burn NPCs, dead or alive... owo
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3125 on: December 18, 2015, 08:16:03 pm »

Like I said, best way to burn NPCs, dead or alive... owo
But then I wouldn't be communicating with him man to man. Monty Haul self-handouts just to make it happen just won't satisfy me. They never do.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3126 on: December 18, 2015, 08:39:22 pm »

Instead you would be communicating man to dragon. ;w;
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3127 on: December 18, 2015, 08:40:43 pm »

Instead you would be communicating man to dragon. ;w;
That did not escape me.

This seems pretty unfair. If I stand in a campfire, it won't be long before I start catching flame, but holding another character on one doesn't seem to do the same.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2015, 08:42:35 pm by Uzu Bash »

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3128 on: December 20, 2015, 10:43:00 am »

Are libraries displayed on the travel map? When they appear, where are they usually found?

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #3129 on: December 20, 2015, 11:14:49 am »

I always wanted to know what would happen if an adventurer got caught in a cage trap. Any adventure mode veterans wanting to sate my curiosity?

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #3130 on: December 20, 2015, 12:34:34 pm »

I always wanted to know what would happen if an adventurer got caught in a cage trap. Any adventure mode veterans wanting to sate my curiosity?
It's literally impossible.

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #3131 on: December 20, 2015, 12:46:38 pm »

It's literally impossible.
I was under the impression this was still possible if you got knocked unconscious on a cage trap tile. Is that no longer the case?
In any case, back when it was possible the game would just kind of freeze until you retired/gave in to starvation iirc. There was no way out, it was a sucky way to go.

------------------------------------------

Has anyone actually been able to claim a site for their group using the dialogue? Does the site continue to exist under your personally-made group's control in the legends after the fact? How did you do it?
What happens if you manage to convince an NPC to become your hearthperson?
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3132 on: December 20, 2015, 12:49:39 pm »

I've yet to test whether being KO'd on a cage trap works for adventurers. The options file mentions that turning adventurer traps on excludes cage traps, so it's likely more complex than just aping the TRAPAVOID code. o3o
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

ShinQuickMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Mook
    • View Profile
« Reply #3133 on: December 20, 2015, 01:43:49 pm »

Person, I'm not so sure. But I do know it takes more or less 10 turns to start searing a live bogeyman.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3134 on: December 20, 2015, 02:41:30 pm »

Person, I'm not so sure. But I do know it takes more or less 10 turns to start searing a live bogeyman.
So it is doable. I guess you actually had to hold him the whole time. The guy I lit was unconscious with broken limbs, so I didn't bother.
Pages: 1 ... 207 208 [209] 210 211 ... 327