Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 208 209 [210] 211 212 ... 327

Author Topic: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread  (Read 621911 times)

Nikow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread
« Reply #3135 on: December 20, 2015, 03:53:41 pm »

I always wanted to know what would happen if an adventurer got caught in a cage trap. Any adventure mode veterans wanting to sate my curiosity?

Time will be passing without giving you any controls. You will just see sun passing. Sometimes if you are luckly somebody will passby...
And you can not die.
In my fortress dwarves are dying from old age.
Dwarven wine is a little bit like good chicken soup:  solid at room temperature.

SyrusLD

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOCTURNAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3136 on: December 20, 2015, 06:48:06 pm »

When playing music, can you actually use an instrument? Or, rather: can you actually use instruments?
Am I missing something obvious here?

From what I gather I have the instrument itself and the plectrum needed to play it, my adventurer also knows a few performances which require said instrument...
Hm...
In Remembrance of Bengel Hairybasement,
Strangler of a Sasquatch, Troglodytes and a Cyclops,
Slayer of a Giantess, whom he burned alive.
Died in a Heroic Fight with a Grizzly Bear.

DwarfOfTheLand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3137 on: December 20, 2015, 08:51:18 pm »

I created a female human character, and this bitch had a goal to fall in love. Is it possible to fall in love and get married and have babbies and all that good shit?
¤MASTERWORK¤ Dwarf Fortress - V.3 -
 - A comprehensive mod pack with 25% higher FPS -

Nep Nep

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of Za Warudo
    • View Profile
« Reply #3138 on: December 20, 2015, 11:48:02 pm »

I created a female human character, and this bitch had a goal to fall in love. Is it possible to fall in love and get married and have babbies and all that good shit?
Nope.
Waluigi rushes to aid him, but not before warning Bowser, "Don't expect mouth-to-mouth!"

Unusual_Customer

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3139 on: December 21, 2015, 07:42:46 am »

Is it possible to get steel armor and weapons in adventure mode? I haven't seen any steel item for such a long time of my adventures

Nep Nep

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of Za Warudo
    • View Profile
« Reply #3140 on: December 21, 2015, 09:10:04 am »

Is it possible to get steel armor and weapons in adventure mode? I haven't seen any steel item for such a long time of my adventures
I'm pretty sure (This was quite a few playthroughs ago so I could be wrong) that you could start with/Find Steel things, maybe if you let the world generate longer with more minerals?
Waluigi rushes to aid him, but not before warning Bowser, "Don't expect mouth-to-mouth!"

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3141 on: December 21, 2015, 09:54:14 am »

Steel is available in adv mode, you can find it more frequently in troves and tombs close to dwarven lands. Also, veteran dwarves may be wearing some that you can either trade for, or collect from their corpses after they follow you to a warrior's death. I've never found steel armor in human sizes, though.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3142 on: December 21, 2015, 10:09:55 am »

Steel is available in adv mode, you can find it more frequently in troves and tombs close to dwarven lands. Also, veteran dwarves may be wearing some that you can either trade for, or collect from their corpses after they follow you to a warrior's death. I've never found steel armor in human sizes, though.

Last I checked, humans don't have the permitted reactions to produce steel, whereas dwarves do.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

DwarfOfTheLand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3143 on: December 21, 2015, 10:12:37 am »

Is it possible to join bandits?

And if not, I summon you Toady, to do this. Make it possible.

p l e a s e
¤MASTERWORK¤ Dwarf Fortress - V.3 -
 - A comprehensive mod pack with 25% higher FPS -

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3144 on: December 21, 2015, 10:24:17 am »

Is it possible to join bandits?

And if not, I summon you Toady, to do this. Make it possible.

p l e a s e

Derp. Instead you've summoned the derpdragon. o3o

In the case of human bandits (or other non-hostiles if modded in, goblin and kobold bandits will be hostile), you can ask the leader of the bandits to become a lieutenant. Can't recall ever attempting it, but I assume if you tell them a few rumors of your exploits they'll be more likely to let you in.

You can also claim the site for yourself and bump off the bandit leader, but it's been a few updates since I tried, so if that feature no longer works I will be saddragon instead.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3145 on: December 21, 2015, 10:49:52 am »

Becoming a lieutenant is pretty much the same as becoming a hearthperson. You immediately become a devoted member of that group, even if you wipe them out and become the only surviving member.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3146 on: December 21, 2015, 10:54:57 am »

Hmm. Also, under rare circumstances you can ask your lord/lady about what to do as a hearthperson and get a task, like if an army is invading the town.

Are there any similar tasks for bandit commanders to issue?
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3147 on: December 21, 2015, 11:02:57 am »

Never checked, hmmm.

This is why I swap [BUILDS_OUTDOOR_TOMBS] from the human entity to the dorf one, loot worth risking a mummy.

How long do you have to hold a living person in a campfire before they start to cook?
Before bandits start to rob you, you can make campfires and lure them into them, and then you can set one under them and a fire under yourself to trap them when you move, but it takes a while.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3148 on: December 21, 2015, 11:36:25 am »

Hmm. Also, under rare circumstances you can ask your lord/lady about what to do as a hearthperson and get a task, like if an army is invading the town.

Are there any similar tasks for bandit commanders to issue?
There wasn't last version, but maybe this one.

Unusual_Customer

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3149 on: December 21, 2015, 11:41:02 am »

Never checked, hmmm.

This is why I swap [BUILDS_OUTDOOR_TOMBS] from the human entity to the dorf one, loot worth risking a mummy.

How long do you have to hold a living person in a campfire before they start to cook?
Before bandits start to rob you, you can make campfires and lure them into them, and then you can set one under them and a fire under yourself to trap them when you move, but it takes a while.
Tell me please, how have you did it?
Pages: 1 ... 208 209 [210] 211 212 ... 327