Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 229 230 [231] 232 233 ... 327

Author Topic: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread  (Read 621840 times)

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread
« Reply #3450 on: February 21, 2016, 07:13:33 pm »

Since I switched to Toady's tool:1:none:none:none:none, has_edge method I just use whichever blade I have for it.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3451 on: February 21, 2016, 10:06:04 pm »

Since I switched to Toady's tool:1:none:none:none:none, has_edge method I just use whichever blade I have for it.

That's the way butchery has always been, as it's hardcoded. Just now us modders can use it for crafting. owo
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3452 on: February 22, 2016, 12:22:18 am »

thats not true, you just need to have  a blade in your hand, and drawn.
It doesn't have to be a blade, or in your hand. Any weapon or tool with an edge will work, and it can be on the ground. If you have one in your hand and one happens to be on the tile, you get the option to use either.

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3453 on: February 22, 2016, 12:55:34 am »

Is there any reason to go for the throat in combat, rather than disabling the legs and cutting the throat when they're out cold?

I'm asking because it's such a low hit chance.
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3454 on: February 22, 2016, 01:58:20 am »

Is there any reason to go for the throat in combat, rather than disabling the legs and cutting the throat when they're out cold?

I'm asking because it's such a low hit chance.

Because they'll bleed out rapidly. For most foes this doesn't matter, as it's better to try and KO them first. But for beasts that can't be knocked unconscious but can still bleed, accept no substitutes.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

reiraf21

• Bay Watcher
  • Just Outlander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3455 on: February 22, 2016, 03:35:15 am »

Can anyone help me?

in adventure mode, while adventuring i found a bunch of goblin corpse with necromancer,but when i approach them they did not attack me.

Do some necromancer with their zombies not hostile to the player?

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3456 on: February 22, 2016, 03:42:49 am »

Can anyone help me?

in adventure mode, while adventuring i found a bunch of goblin corpse with necromancer,but when i approach them they did not attack me.

Do some necromancer with their zombies not hostile to the player?

You're either stealthing, or you've become a night creature of some sort. Or you're playing as some species that doesn't count as living.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

reiraf21

• Bay Watcher
  • Just Outlander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3457 on: February 22, 2016, 04:18:55 am »

Oh , i forgot about it ,i was sneaking.

anyway,thanks :)

Elfhater69

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3458 on: February 22, 2016, 11:47:36 pm »

Is it possible to end all sentient life in a df world? I am currently rping a world,430,000 years old, where i am a judge/prophet of Armok and i an ending the world. I was just wondering if its possible to kill everything?

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3459 on: February 22, 2016, 11:57:37 pm »

Is it possible to end all sentient life in a df world? I am currently rping a world,430,000 years old, where i am a judge/prophet of Armok and i an ending the world. I was just wondering if its possible to kill everything?

It is, but very impractical unless you engineer a world where you can actually hunt down and purge everything.

And even then? It doesn't matter if you hunt down and murder every last megabeast, it seems you'll no longer witness an era change. I once did that in a Monster Island, where killing everything on the island should've triggered Age of Death or what-have-you.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3460 on: February 22, 2016, 11:59:03 pm »

It's not even possible to kill off a civ, even civs that were technically dead before worldgen completed. New characters will spawn with the MAINTAIN_ENTITY_STATUS dream. And that's all they'll ever do, simply exist to keep the civ or site group in existence.

Elfhater69

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3461 on: February 23, 2016, 12:15:57 am »

It's not even possible to kill off a civ, even civs that were technically dead before worldgen completed. New characters will spawn with the MAINTAIN_ENTITY_STATUS dream. And that's all they'll ever do, simply exist to keep the civ or site group in existence.
Well there are absolutely 0 civs left. Destroyed in world gen. Just camps and stuff. I can only play as outsiders.

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #3462 on: February 23, 2016, 12:26:47 am »

Really, any proof for that claim? As far as I know it is false, I have never heard that ever and a forum search doesn't return anything useful either.. You can kill off civs "spawning" is only thing when you have an entity population, when you run out of that your dead, and yes you can kill them all. At least you have been able to in every version so far, i'm not sure why toady would change that.

This is why we have the "age of death" emptiness etc.

Being able to only play as an outsider means all civs are dead/killed off including goblins and kobolds.
You have been able to do this since the very beginning.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2016, 12:38:13 am by Untrustedlife »
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3463 on: February 23, 2016, 12:53:59 am »

As I've pointed out, this is no longer meaningful. There's no sign that the game acknowledges it when it occurs during play, assuming it used to.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Elfhater69

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3464 on: February 23, 2016, 12:59:33 am »

As I've pointed out, this is no longer meaningful. There's no sign that the game acknowledges it when it occurs during play, assuming it used to.
What is the "age of death"?
Pages: 1 ... 229 230 [231] 232 233 ... 327