Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 279 280 [281] 282 283 ... 327

Author Topic: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread  (Read 621985 times)

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread
« Reply #4200 on: April 08, 2017, 11:45:52 am »

To be fair, the Home tree that Cathar told you how to find is where the leader would be if elven (and dwarven) site ruling wasn't buggy.
Ironblood didn't use an axe because he needed it. He used it to be kind. And right now he wasn't being kind.

Fatace

• Bay Watcher
  • Cease hostilities? Never!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4201 on: April 08, 2017, 10:10:30 pm »

Was wonderinf if anyone could help me with this Lag Issue, Currently just north of my Base something is going on causing FPS Death to the point where its annoyingand moving every 20 seconds... I have looked around and I cant seem to find an exact issue, as well as trying my own ideas to see..

at My base I have a stack of weapons and armor, tho I thought stacks didn't cause much lag, just north of it are a decent amount of hyena's tigers/cougars/tigers that keep spawning when I fast travel away and back too.. So.. I did my best to kill them, but it was still the same fps.. So I used DFHack to reveal and look around, I saw fish people and troglytes deep underground, a bunch of them too, so I ended up exterminating them with DF Hack to see if they were the cause.. but after killing everything on the screen, the FPS stayed, and now I am confused. Even prior to killing them, there was like.. 14 corpses still laying around..altho I wouldn't think that's the reason either. Has anyone came across this problem before? Besides the items on the ground and mobs, there are trees and a brook.

Update:

So.. apparently mobs are just overrunning my house.. causing even more lag...

These pics are my house/north of my house (used reveal, also using Spacefox Texturepack):
http://puu.sh/veaKp/029f077730.png
http://puu.sh/veaNP/1890d33a90.png

Anyway to prevent this?
« Last Edit: April 08, 2017, 11:12:33 pm by Fatace »
I once had a 30 dwarf glacier fortress once.. was going great till the dwarf merchants brought along a WereKoala and killed everyone...

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4202 on: April 10, 2017, 01:38:58 am »

Sadly no, campsite population explosions are one of the bugs I reported a while back.

Fatace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4203 on: April 10, 2017, 06:48:36 pm »

Sadly no, campsite population explosions are one of the bugs I reported a while back.

Tat is what it seems like, I am pretty much ditching that spot and going to another where mobs don't seem to spawn much.
I once had a 30 dwarf glacier fortress once.. was going great till the dwarf merchants brought along a WereKoala and killed everyone...

CptAWatts22

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4204 on: April 12, 2017, 03:50:01 pm »

How do I get the option to demand tribute?

Fatace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4205 on: April 12, 2017, 11:00:05 pm »

I have noticed a weird glitch with saving abducted people....

I saved like 16 people from a dark fortress, but when I return them to their home, everyone else attacks him the moment he returns to his family.. wtf ;S

Jerry The Hellbound

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional "Knife-ear" torturer 1-800-elfgod
    • View Profile
    • This is also for my Custom Race: Solari!
« Reply #4206 on: April 12, 2017, 11:45:03 pm »

So I made a thread about it but noonr seemed to even try to respond so I'll put it here
Is there some kind of tree spawn command much like the one in arena mode "Create Tree" with tree age and such? Something along the lines of the "liquids" in dfhack.
Also perhaps an "inspect unit" for syndromes?
Jerry.
This is also for my Custom Race: Solari! (Currently outdated)
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=155455.0
Also made that awesome avatar. took me hours with Gimp: (also the two light & dark sprites are from Stardew Valley)
http://i.imgur.com/8x7aX7T.png

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4207 on: April 13, 2017, 12:54:42 am »

Trees are an ongoing project which I know nothing about, but there is various discussion in the last few pages of the dfhack thread and I think another thread regarding a plants plugin/script?
I have noticed a weird glitch with saving abducted people....

I saved like 16 people from a dark fortress, but when I return them to their home, everyone else attacks him the moment he returns to his family.. wtf ;S
They end up with the [ETHIC:KILL_NEUTRAL:REQUIRED] from goblins which is just annoying so I modded it out to ACCEPTABLE instead.

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #4208 on: April 13, 2017, 10:06:47 am »

I believe once someone has been adbucted for too long, they become part of goblin civilization, to which point they can't be saved anymore. It's probably them attacking their former families as goblin civ members, and poor confused dorfs trying to defend themselves.

Question : I'm told that an army is matching at my place, and people are endlessly sleeping outside (which I understand is a known bug). So when I press my informers on that, two names come out ; the name of the leader, and the name of another dude. He has an heroic nicnkame so I assume he's badass but who is he?

Question 2 : I want to kill those two, or at least the relevant one. What would be the consequences? Will the population stop glitching and return home? Will the army stop its march?
« Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 10:27:07 am by Cathar »

Fatace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4209 on: April 13, 2017, 01:28:12 pm »

I believe once someone has been adbucted for too long, they become part of goblin civilization, to which point they can't be saved anymore. It's probably them attacking their former families as goblin civ members, and poor confused dorfs trying to defend themselves.

Question : I'm told that an army is matching at my place, and people are endlessly sleeping outside (which I understand is a known bug). So when I press my informers on that, two names come out ; the name of the leader, and the name of another dude. He has an heroic nicnkame so I assume he's badass but who is he?

Question 2 : I want to kill those two, or at least the relevant one. What would be the consequences? Will the population stop glitching and return home? Will the army stop its march?

I have this.. Eh.. Problem? To.. Some of the Human halmets and even a Town was evacuated, and at 1 point they said they were being invaded now, but never saw anything, besides the endless spawning of no-name goblins in the dungeon, there was no sign of any other goblin,and I even obliterated every goblin in the dark fortress they were against.. I am so confused and Wiki isn't really any help on some Adventure Mode things lol.

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4210 on: April 13, 2017, 02:14:48 pm »

Similar. Since I first heard the army marching rumor I've been to the spire and back, rescued a human child from the spire, watched the child hug his sister then freak out and go hostile, killed a dragon, killed two mute night creatures I ran across just hanging out in the middle of nowhere during the day, and killed a water buffalo recruit and spent the night in its tent.

I haven't yet tried to find either entity mentioned in the rumor. One is the clown. Both are known to be from the spire, guess I'll head back there.

Unfortunately, the wiki can only be helpful if somebody who understands what the hell is going on adds that understanding to it.

It's only been a month in game. Maybe the army decided to march just before my adventure and the rumor took time to reach the destination. But the actual marching isn't implemented yet. Who knows, maybe not even Toady One.
Ironblood didn't use an axe because he needed it. He used it to be kind. And right now he wasn't being kind.

Fatace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4211 on: April 13, 2017, 10:39:49 pm »

Some of the towns are blue now, and those that are, are empty, how do I help them reclaim what they lost?

CptAWatts22

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4212 on: April 14, 2017, 10:25:53 am »

You could try taking companions and then canceling the adventuring agreement with them in the town you wanted to reclaim. I haven't tried it but it might work.

CptAWatts22

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4213 on: April 15, 2017, 10:18:31 am »

Does telling a story work the same as spreading a rumor? Also how do I know when I have become a legend or popular?

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #4214 on: April 15, 2017, 02:19:56 pm »

• Yes and arguably more effective
• Go and talk to people. Ask about someone -> Yourself. They will tell you what they think about you. Your notoriety is not static and varies from place to place, and from people to people
Pages: 1 ... 279 280 [281] 282 283 ... 327