Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 280 281 [282] 283 284 ... 327

Author Topic: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread  (Read 621945 times)

CptAWatts22

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread
« Reply #4215 on: April 15, 2017, 05:59:13 pm »

Ah ok, I thought it was something like that. Thanks

Fatace

• Bay Watcher
  • Cease hostilities? Never!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4216 on: April 15, 2017, 10:02:45 pm »

Random Question:

Why do NPC's sometimes say SPEAKER:TRANS:NAME instead of the normal name? Just a random bug that couldn't find the correct name?
I once had a 30 dwarf glacier fortress once.. was going great till the dwarf merchants brought along a WereKoala and killed everyone...

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #4217 on: April 15, 2017, 10:54:33 pm »

It means the translation into english is not available, as NPC translate their name from their own language (Dwarven, elven, human or goblin) into english during dialogs. It can mean the NPC is nameless, or it can means there is no english translation I believe

cyrohound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4218 on: April 16, 2017, 11:24:43 am »

I have almost no sense of direction, so I need to ask NPCs for directions all the time. But most of the time I'll ask an NPC what kind of troubles are around, he'll list 4 monsters, an invasion, some criminals, a bandit camp, a necromancer tower, and some other things; then I'll ask for directions and he'll say "I couldn't tell you and I honestly don't know anyone who could." about every single item and every single monster/person on that list.

Even in the rare instance someone actually tells me where something is the directions are always super vague and I can never find what I'm looking for. "Oh, that forgotten beast is far to the north." Gee thanks, how far north? Is it in a cave, an abandoned fortress, just wandering around? What? Is there some easier way to know where things are without mods? My adventurers are having what must be some of the most boring adventures ever right now.

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4219 on: April 16, 2017, 02:50:25 pm »

After something like this:
The forager Thafastomber: Particular outlaws have been causing us much hardship.  They have a camp called Golostayker somewhere in The Praised Hills.
You: Can you tell me the way to Golostayker?
The forager Thafastomber: Golostayker is far to the east.  [You receive a detailed description.]
Press shift+q, then s, then find that place (Golostayker) on the list, and press z. The game will now show the world map with a flashing line going from where you are to that place.

Most NPCs never leave town and so only know of other places through rumors. Soldiers are often an exception to that as they get sent on "important missions" to wander the countryside.

I only ask for directions to sites rather than whereabouts of creatures, unless I get to the site and they're not there.
Ironblood didn't use an axe because he needed it. He used it to be kind. And right now he wasn't being kind.

Fatace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4220 on: April 17, 2017, 02:00:03 am »

Out of Curiosity, is it possible to stop goblin civ from generating?
I once had a 30 dwarf glacier fortress once.. was going great till the dwarf merchants brought along a WereKoala and killed everyone...

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #4221 on: April 17, 2017, 04:45:37 am »

Out of Curiosity, is it possible to stop goblin civ from generating?
IIRC if you go into advanced worldgen and set the amount of demons in the world to 0, goblin civs (and any modded civ with the dark pits sites as well) wont generate.

Fatace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4222 on: April 17, 2017, 01:48:09 pm »

But doesn't that stop the Vault creatures, Underworld's Creatures and the Vaut's slab creature from spawning?, also,  If I were to do this would I be able to still find the spire to the underworld?

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4223 on: April 17, 2017, 02:36:08 pm »

Okay, this is annoying me. I've removed LARGE_PREDATOR and any other tokens I can think of that would cause this. Is FEATURE_ATTACK_GROUP or some other cave-animal-person-specific flag doing this?

For context, I added harmlet-dwelling civs that use the same species list as the subterranean animalpeople.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Witty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4224 on: April 18, 2017, 08:49:15 pm »

I feel like I'm missing something obvious, but is there anyway to play stationary instruments in taverns?

Also, apparently my dwarf adventurer is the chief medical official at my home fortress? I find it bizarre he was chosen considering he has literally no medical skills. Any ideas or theories why he specifically was selected?
Quote from: Toady One
I understand that it is disappointing when a dwarf makes a spiked loincloth instead of an axe.

CptAWatts22

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4225 on: April 19, 2017, 03:58:13 pm »

Can items have different values in different places?

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #4226 on: April 19, 2017, 04:01:40 pm »

Can items have different values in different places?

Coins only have value in the civ that minted them, else no

CptAWatts22

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4227 on: April 19, 2017, 04:07:24 pm »

Oh well. Trader profession off for a while then :P

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #4228 on: April 19, 2017, 04:12:24 pm »

What I would do would probably be something like :

>Acquire money
>Buy/find wood and bones
>Craft craft craft
>Exchange vs more money, wood and bones
>???
>Profit

CptAWatts22

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4229 on: April 19, 2017, 04:32:32 pm »

Yeah I might try that. Can you get really valuable crafts?
Pages: 1 ... 280 281 [282] 283 284 ... 327