Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 77

Author Topic: BYOR5.5 - Day 9: Just Kidding. Game Over.  (Read 123510 times)

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR5.5 - Day 3: Mr.Person Got Better
« Reply #540 on: January 05, 2011, 06:34:57 pm »

It's a revivocult, all right.

Mr. Person., why did you revive?

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: January 05, 2011, 06:43:16 pm »

Or rather, prove us you and Zathras aren't cultists.

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie thinks you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: January 05, 2011, 06:45:46 pm »

It's a revivocult, all right. Mr. Person., why did you revive?

I'd remind you that if there's a revivocult, you're part of it. You revived as well, and have failed to account for it (other than a present from Santa Wuba, which I find laughably unlikely).

But yeah, Person, what 'up with that?

Also, allow me a minute of gloating as I say "I'd like to take the opportunity to say fuck you, fuck you, and uhh...oh, fuck you to all y'all dicks." who didn't believe me about Joker, and to point out that Pandar and Toaster refused to the last second to express a rational opinion on the matter, and Argembarger also went out of his way to defend him.

In addition, end-of-day vote should make it clear I was honest when I said I was no longer Caligula, so I look forward to voting with purpose today: Pandar, tell us all about your plan and how it worked out. Toaster, you promised a full claim at the start of day.

PPE: Ottofar, how would anyone prove that?
My soul has been freed by the King of the Mafia.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: January 05, 2011, 06:47:15 pm »

Well, damn.  Now even I think I'm scummy.

Anyway, as promised, full roleclaim!

I am Chernobyl.  I already mentioned my auto jailkeep (protect/roleblock) which I have no control or even knowledge of whom it targets.  My night action is a one-night delay of a target's action- just ask NativeForeigner, whom caught it both nights.

Finally, the fun one:  I have an X-action (day or night) in which I can sacrifice myself to completely nullify someone- removing both their abilities and their vote.

I can imagine several people wanting me dead, so if I'm the likely lynch target, I'll instead blow myself up and knock someone else out of commission.  I'm most interested in hearing from Pandar, Nirur, and Person as to if they found out anything at night.   If you want someone specific blown up, tell me who and why.  I'll listen to people's opinions on whom to target.

(Also, Zathras at least proved his original role is gone.)

Ottofar and Person, do you still have your original role?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: January 05, 2011, 06:49:42 pm »

I do, yes.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: January 05, 2011, 06:52:03 pm »

Zath, I died at night. How could I be targeted and cultized that night?

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie thinks you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: January 05, 2011, 07:02:35 pm »

Zath, I died at night. How could I be targeted and cultized that night?

I don't know, but I venture to say you do. On the other hand, as your revival mechanics seem different than mine, I think there's less chance of a revivocult (also, it was used last game, it'd be repetitive), and more chance of, as I said yesterday, this game just being revive-happy. They do seem to be a dime a dozen.

Final point against revivocult: it seems from the lack of a scumkill that Pandar did indeed carry out his plan (though I'll wait to hear him tell the tale). In that case, the cult leader would have been redirected to Pandar, and failed to revive anyone, yes?

No, I think there's a different kind of bastardry going on (though this game is not nominally a bastard, Wuba is bastardly enough on his own).

Toaster: interesting, but your role seems like a scum role to me. Let's discuss further. What's the name of your x-action? Is it permanent? What are your reasons for voting Native?
My soul has been freed by the King of the Mafia.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: January 05, 2011, 07:07:19 pm »

I'm most interested in hearing from Pandar, Nirur, and Person as to if they found out anything at night.
No. I'm a roleblocker, not cop. Furthermore, Web hasn't given me any PMs about whether or not I succeeded or who was hit. I did target Pandarsenic both nights.

Org's post implies that he was redirected to Pandarsenic. Did anyone (else) get redirected towards targeting Pandarsenic?

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: January 05, 2011, 07:07:56 pm »

No.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: January 05, 2011, 07:09:30 pm »

Org, I don't feel like playing guessing games with you. Please explain what happened.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: January 05, 2011, 07:17:02 pm »

Im guessing there was another mass block or I am not reading right.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: January 05, 2011, 07:19:34 pm »

I'm most interested in hearing from Pandar, Nirur, and Person as to if they found out anything at night.
No. I'm a roleblocker, not cop. Furthermore, Web hasn't given me any PMs about whether or not I succeeded or who was hit. I did target Pandarsenic both nights.
If you receive no PM, all actions are assumed to have succeeded. Or at least not failed.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: January 05, 2011, 07:44:16 pm »

Well, damn.  Now even I think I'm scummy.

Anyway, as promised, full roleclaim!

I am Chernobyl.  I already mentioned my auto jailkeep (protect/roleblock) which I have no control or even knowledge of whom it targets.  My night action is a one-night delay of a target's action- just ask NativeForeigner, whom caught it both nights.

Finally, the fun one:  I have an X-action (day or night) in which I can sacrifice myself to completely nullify someone- removing both their abilities and their vote.

Toaster, this situation is looking pretty badly for you right now, with Jokerman flipping scum. However, your roleclaim doesn't convince me of anything for one reason, I haven't received any flavor messages.

So I have a question, is your target supposed to get a PM detailing that their ability was delayed? Or is it supposed to be unknown to the receiver? I didn't use my night ability D1, it would have been counter-productive for town. But I did use it last night, on you. However, no flavor was received. So there's a few possibilities:

1) There's no PM associated with your role.
2) You're lying about your role and someone protected you or you protected yourself.
3) Shenanigans are ensuing.

Seeing as Webadict mentioned that no PM=assumed not fail, that means I wasn't actually blocked and my action is still out there somewhere, which would actually back up option 1, because it didn't necessarily fail, it's just delayed, so I don't actually think you're lying about your role.

Org, Nirur Torir, Zathras, Ottofar, and everybody else (got lazy): What are your feelings about Toaster's roleclaim and the fact that I can't actually back up his claim despite supposedly being his target?

Toaster, your offer to blow someone up is interesting. With everything that's been said up to now and assuming you had to right now, who would your target be and why?

Zathras, while I'm interested in hearing from the newly-revived Mr. Person, why are you trying to wave off the possibility of a revivocult? Even though the chance is small, there's still the possibility. And that would mean that you would be a member. Don't you think it would be safer to have someone mass-block again to prevent a mafia kill and then lynch one of the revivees? That would tell us for sure whether or not there's a revivocult and could prevent problems later.

Nirur, Pandar, Org, Ottofar, with the possibility of a revivocult, who do you think is most likely to be the cult leader if there is one?
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: January 05, 2011, 07:47:35 pm »

Why would Chernobyl have a jail power

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: January 05, 2011, 07:53:05 pm »

Bah. If the game had started just a few days later, things would have been completely different...
Quote from: Solifuge
Jokerman + Solifuge 4 Ever. // <3 <3 <3
Quote from: Org
Derpa  herp // Derpy derp derp herp derp
Quote from: Toaster
BLARG IM DED
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 77