Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 128 129 [130] 131 132 ... 141

Author Topic: Free Game List  (Read 612104 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Free Game List
« Reply #1935 on: March 31, 2023, 08:59:28 pm »

Sega released a free game for April Fool's Day.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2324650/The_Murder_of_Sonic_the_Hedgehog/

This ended being pretty fun to play through. The minigame started to wear thin, especially towards the end though. Did give me a lot of nostalgia for StH2's Special Stages from back in the day... especially reaching the end one or two rings short of the goal. Because that happened way too many damn times, both back in the day and playing this one.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1936 on: April 06, 2023, 10:22:52 am »

The freebie this week on the epic store is "Dying Light Enhanced Edition" that i hope is as good as people say (as it is hammering the epic website currently making it difficult to claim it :D ) and "Shapez" that look like some automated circuitry building thingy 

Dying Light has a few free dlc amongst the truckload of them.

next week it should be some mp-only games "Mordhau" and "Second Extinction"

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1937 on: April 06, 2023, 11:38:30 am »

"Shapez" that look like some automated circuitry building thingy 
I've previously played Shapez on Steam. I enjoyed it.

If I had to liken it to anything, it would be a more mellow Factorio. Basically, you've got a central hub that requests a certain shape be delivered to it. Surrounding the hub are 'deposits' of shapes - starting with just regular squares, circles, and triangles, but with mutations the further you get out (so you might find a deposit of half-squares/half-circles), as well as some additional pieces that aren't represented by the starting deposits.

You've also got upgrades (things like conveyor speed, shape mining speed, etc.), all of which require certain shapes in your hub.

Making things more difficult is that, in addition to just the shapes, there are also color deposits: Red, Green, and Blue, which can be combined to make a total of seven colors (White, Teal, Purple, and Yellow).

The number of items required for each level and upgrade steadily increase, so there's pressure to come up with solutions that are stackable and mass-producible. Sure, your single miner / cutter / painter / stacker combo could make 1,000 of the desired shapes in an hour, but it's much more efficient if you put together dozens of them and complete the level in minutes, instead.

All resources are infinite, so it's all about managing efficiency. In later levels, you're going to have to look into dismantling some of your early stuff, just because you'll have all kinds of junk shapes that you no longer need clogging your (limited) number of lines that go into the hub, causing jams and slowdowns.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1938 on: April 06, 2023, 12:17:43 pm »

The word "relaxing" in the description made me think that was more about some simple "contraptions" without the player being really involved.
Your description triggered my interest much more :D

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #1939 on: April 06, 2023, 02:04:18 pm »

Shapez and Dying Light are both very good games. There's no resource management or production costs in Shapez, so you just focus on increasing throughput and cutting/rotating/painting/etc shapes as objectives demand, nothing attacks or interrupts your mechanisms, you just build and build better. It's very nice.

Dying Light is the parkour-esque open-world zombie thing that Dead Island wanted to be, from my understanding of Dead Island. Plot's arrite, combat's fun, there's plenty of stuff to do and climb around. Good voice acting. There's also a multiplayer component to it, but I never tried it. It's probably one of my favorite zombie games.

Stench Guzman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1940 on: April 06, 2023, 06:50:52 pm »

Battlestar Galactica Deadlock is currently free on Steam.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/544610/Battlestar_Galactica_Deadlock/

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #1941 on: April 06, 2023, 07:10:55 pm »

*shakes fist at the name thief*
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1942 on: April 07, 2023, 04:30:58 am »

Battlestar Galactica Deadlock is currently free on Steam.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/544610/Battlestar_Galactica_Deadlock/

Good thing I didn't actually pay for that. It crashes 100% of the time going into the tactical map.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1943 on: April 07, 2023, 06:29:05 am »

I noticed some people reporting that for them Dying Light reset their keybind/settings
I suspect it could be a cloud save problem as i don't run into this (and as i'm using Rare to get games on the epic store, there's the option to disable cloud save in Rare, something i always do as i like to keep my saves in my archives)

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1944 on: April 19, 2023, 09:56:02 am »

I got an email from Steam that a game from my wish list is currently free: Desktop Dungeons

Free to add to your account until April 25th.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1945 on: April 19, 2023, 11:47:04 am »

It's a decent little game. I haven't played it in years, but I remember it being a very fine example of the "coffeebreak roguelike" genre...

Jiharo

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1946 on: April 23, 2023, 12:29:47 am »

Year after FarSky developer went out of business and removed his games from Steam, he put it up on itch.io for free.
FarSky is underwater survival game that the Subnautica developers were inspired by( at least according to it's author).
All your goblin bone bolts, suddenly rising up in vengeance...
I wonder ... is it smart amunition or dumb amunition?

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1947 on: April 28, 2023, 01:09:55 pm »

On gog you can claim "Under the Moon" , from the video i just saw it's some kind of stylised game in which you have to find items on various maps with said items being described in riddles, probably designed for kids.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1948 on: May 04, 2023, 10:18:44 am »

on the epic store this week freebies are
Against all odds
Horizon Chase Turbo
Kao the Kangaroo

I found Horizon Chase Turbo was surprisingly good and kept me busy for a while last time epic made it free, it has 1 free dlc by the way
(epic already offered it free 2 times in the past)

next week it's  Sims 4 with a few expansions bundled with it  (edit : it is not sims 4 actually , it is only a bundle of expansions that are then useless if you don't have the base game)
Note that Sims 4 is permanently free on the EA store (without expansions) but no idea if expansions obtained on the epic store can be used on a game obtained on the EA one
« Last Edit: May 04, 2023, 10:23:52 am by Robsoie »

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1949 on: May 04, 2023, 10:49:26 am »

presume that as a no

I once tried to add bfv as a non steam game, even took a subsripction once in a second attempt to get to play it over steam, the game if fine but origin is beyond trash worst launcher to ever pollute the earth... also gotta love EA redirects you to the origin homepage in old games, that used to rely on gamespy arcade, for no purpose really it's not like you can play there, usually you'll need to mod mp back in yourself (why wouldn't it, they haven't not sucked for just 5 minutes since the turn of the millenium, yeah when they were not drming the allways online shit out of us yet, they preferred to outsource that to a third party........ have they ever done anything remotely consumer friendly actually? I mean I got fond memories of the old days, westwood etc... but if anything EA killed westwood right?! it's justa fat stinky publisher that barely can do software)
« Last Edit: May 04, 2023, 10:51:06 am by dragdeler »
let
Pages: 1 ... 128 129 [130] 131 132 ... 141