Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 288

Author Topic: CvRTD: End Of The Line  (Read 190170 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: CvRTD: Turn 41 [In which it's time to retreat]
« Reply #615 on: March 27, 2011, 03:03:58 am »

We're already boxed in! It's a graveyard. I'd rather we not get encircled. Also, A7 is the place we entered at-we might be able to get back out that way.

Hmm, 1 vote for A7

1 vote for E5

2 votes abstaining?

Arggh! Darvi or Talarion, how do you feel here?
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: March 27, 2011, 03:05:39 am »

Dude, that gate is obviously plot locked! We can't get that way! We need to get out into space for us to move around more. Hopefully we can find a way out of here on the way.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: March 27, 2011, 03:07:18 am »

That and the gates are at A6, but I'm just nitpicking. ^^ If you want the GM's advice - although I'm sure IronyOwl would prefer I keep my mouth shut :p - I would suggest trying to explore the rest of the graveyard while taking evasive maneuvers and try to find a place to hide?
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: March 27, 2011, 03:11:02 am »

Arggh! Darvi or Talarion, how do you feel here?
Go with the group, looking out for any ambushes in front of us.
Additionally, we should check what the heck it actually is that follows us. If it's one of those huge statues, we can easily avoid it.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: March 27, 2011, 03:18:04 am »

Well, then word from God affirms the gate is plot locked till we kill the big bad.

Let's go with Zako's idea then.

Yeah, let's not fight statues if we can avoid it...they're probably annoyingly resistant to all forms of damage.

I was thinking we were going to be attacked by a conglomerate bone beast. Mostly because of that Odd Thomas book I just read
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: March 27, 2011, 03:57:05 am »

:D Bone beast? Nice, but that's not the enemy I've appropriated here. Hey, Draignean, quick question for whenever you see it. You think I should let the Wolverines get a copy of this guy's weapon as a possible quest reward if they can get through this alive (whether or not its gets weakened a bit)? Or would that just be too ridiculous to let a PC have anyway? Oh, by the way, Wolverines:

Daniel can see a large shape in the mists, in the same direction the noise is coming from. All he can tell is that the figure is a massive male humanoid, bigger than a man has any right to be, and moves with a slow but steady pace, heading straight for the fallen statue. The doctor gets the feeling that this, moreso than the trespassing, was a major offense. The figure moves its arms, there is another grinding sound, and the buzzing turns into a whine for a moment. There are sparks at that same moment before the buzzing resumes. Wymar has an extremely bad feeling about this apparition, but also the familiar sensation of perfect clarity. [The dog statues aren't the real threat, but they will slow you down. Don't let them herd you!] He doesn't know how he knows this, but his instincts have never let him down before...

I'd do a more in-depth thing for the Nightcrawlers too but only one action's been posted... because it's like 4:00 in the morning, I know, I ain't trying to rush anybody just because I'm a party all night sleep all day kind of fellow. ^^ But fair's fair and if the Wolverines get a free look around so do you guys. Nightcrawlers:

Nazara notices that, for a place that looks abandoned, it is entirely too tidy. Malleus gets a vague feeling of unease and discomfort, like they're being stalked like prey. Meanwhile, Pierre's greed-sense is telling him that there is something very valuable somewhere in the mansion. All he has to do is find it. Malakai is busy making plans and figuring out how best to explore the place, and is too absorbed in that to notice much of anything.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: March 27, 2011, 04:06:21 am »

Okay guys, new plan. We should desecrate another grave, to lure that golem here, the we run around it and check whatever it was guarding. Also, bad doggies. No treats for you!

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: March 27, 2011, 05:32:26 am »

checks door no1 to the right.
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: March 27, 2011, 08:00:44 am »

Ask someone to help me examine the first hallway on the left, then do so.
Jizzar sounds some kinda celestial object made of jizz~
Like a quasar or something~

Ze Spy

• Bay Watcher
  • I was your beginning - so shall I be...your end.
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: March 27, 2011, 08:05:11 am »

Check the second door to the left

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: March 27, 2011, 09:05:59 am »

It's already heading this way, no need to smash another grave. And I'm not overly worried about the size of that thing, that should mean it's slower to react and move than we are, its the buzzing and sparks that scare me. We should move around it and give it a wide berth until we are ready to face it. A quick note, stones absorb water and fog is basically water vapor. If we heat that water into steam, the rock will actually explode from the inward pressure. Perhaps we can use this against the dogs?

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: March 28, 2011, 12:28:01 am »

Direct the party towards G7, by way of C7.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: March 28, 2011, 01:02:52 am »

Nooo. Make it a logarithmic curve!

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: March 28, 2011, 01:49:14 pm »

logarithmic?
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: March 28, 2011, 01:58:03 pm »

Logarithms are fairly advanced mathematical functions involving exponents. The graphs tend to look like vaguely L-shaped curves.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 288