Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 288

Author Topic: CvRTD: End Of The Line  (Read 190111 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: CvRTD: Turn 58 [In which the two parties rally]
« Reply #915 on: April 21, 2011, 09:55:29 am »

Zako, you know you should probably use your cross...it's super effective and all that.

Literally, you doubled our damage last turn with that 2x hit.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: April 21, 2011, 12:37:46 pm »

Well... Alright. I'll keep using it. Though I really think it was because I got a major sucess that resulted in the x2 bonus.

Someone should still try to hack its hand or arm off. It needs two to use it's chainsaw effectively.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: April 21, 2011, 04:34:27 pm »

WOLVERINES

(Initiative)

WYMAR SANE

You light your lantern and swing it at the Groundskeeper! (3 vs 2; Major Success, 2d6; 8 damage) It smashes against his face and shatters, splattering burning oil across him and lighting his clothes on fire! (Wymar loses the lantern)

DANIEL KING

You toss the torch to Marcus. (8+1) He catches it easily! You have a really good arm. o.O (Marcus gets a +1 to his attack roll this turn due to excellent toss) Next, you attack with the cross again! (2 vs 5, -1 MP) Or you would, but Wymar set the monster on fire and you really don't want to get burned yourself.

MARCUS RAUST

You move to the front to protect everyone and smile. (4) It's more of a grimace. (6+1+1 vs 4; Massive Success, 2d6x2; 22 damage >.>) The grimace of a hero! You jam the torch into the Groundskeeper's throat, shoving him back! (Marcus loses the torch)

FRIAR GREENMOORE

Too much fire! Someone should put it out before people get hurt! (7 vs 7 {6 vs 2}; -1 MP Minor Sucess, 1d4; 3 damage) The vial shatters against its face and extinguishes part of the fire, but it's still a towering inferno in the middle of the corridor with a flaming chainsaw... roaring loudly. This could be bad.

THE GROUNDSKEEPER

(Regeneration: 2HP restore) The Groundskeeper is enraged! He charges into the party, swinging randomly! (2 - Marcus covers, 1, 4) (3 vs 1; Minor Success, 1d6; 2 damage. 4 vs 2; Massive Success, 2d6x2; 16 damage. 18 total to Marcus. 3 vs 3 {7 vs 6}; Major success, 2d6; 10 damage to Daniel) Marcus is struck hard in the torso by the flaming chainsaw and flung to the side,, and the Groundskeeper's wild flailings strike Daniel in the shoulder and throws him to the ground.

NIGHTCRAWLERS

(Initiative)

PIERRE Dé GRASSE

You hide behind Malleus and throw a dagger over his shoulder. (6 vs 3; Minor Success, 1d4+1d4; 5 damage) It flies straight into the armor and sticks there; looks like it still hit the demon inside though.

CLOCK DEMON

The demon roars and unleashes a massive amount of dark energy! (Nazara: 6 vs 5; Minor Success, 1d8; 6 damage. Malleus: 8 vs 3+2; Massive Success, 2d10x2-1; 17 damage. Malleus covering Pierre: 6 vs 4+3. Malakai: 4 vs 1-1; Minor Success, 1d8; 5 damage) Nazara is knocked down by the blast. Malakai manages to stay on his feet, but he's reeling after it. Malleus, meanwhile, takes the blast not only for himself but also for Pierre, and powers through it!

MALAKAI RITT

You activate your inscribed rune. (Major Success; Barrier will completely absorb next attack for each party member) Ice forms around the torsos of you and your allies in the form of thin armor. You then run up to attack! (7+2 vs 7; Minor Success, 1d6-1; 3 damage) Again the enchanted weapon strikes through and hits the demon!

NAZARA

You roll with the impact of the spell and come up on a knee, rifle aimed. (6 vs 3; -1 MP Massive Success, 2d4x2; 8 damage) The demon begins to stand once more, giving you a perfect shot between the armor plates! The bullet hits the demon dead-on and causes it to growl in pain and anger.

MALLEUS RAULAT

You've protected Pierre well. Although you're hurt, you're pretty satisfied that you did your job perfectly. ^^

Spoiler: HP/MP (click to show/hide)

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

@Ze Spy: I think you're owed a skill-up from the eight you rolled on searching a few turns back. ^^;
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
Re: CvRTD: Turn 59 [In which the Groundskeeper becomes a flashing ! tile]
« Reply #918 on: April 21, 2011, 04:52:28 pm »

Now that I have a magic barrier protecting me, CHAAAAAARGE AND STAAAAAAB!

Fancily
Jizzar sounds some kinda celestial object made of jizz~
Like a quasar or something~

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: April 21, 2011, 05:51:20 pm »

"Well... that hurt." Throw a vial of holy water, try and get the fuck away from that thing!
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: April 21, 2011, 06:06:18 pm »

Serious, it's taking burning damage right? How much damage will that do in a turn?

Oh well, everyone go all out, since it will probably kill anybody it hits, except Zako. It will just light Zako on fire, then he will die.

Holy Water!

Also, activate the blood rosary artifact and sacrifice 8 health for my attack, unless the effort would kill me.

Ironyowl, I guess your about to join the game next turn...
« Last Edit: April 21, 2011, 09:31:12 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: April 21, 2011, 06:44:39 pm »

"I'd damn you to hell demon, but you'd probably enjoy that...

Steal Pierre's thunder by whirling my magical ice staff, leaping into the air and smashing it back down into the demon with as much physical and magical energy as I can. Yell "bless you to Heaven!" on the way down.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2011, 07:05:01 pm by Draignean »
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: April 21, 2011, 06:46:01 pm »

That depends largely on initiative order, I think. Still, not bad odds... :D
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: April 21, 2011, 07:08:24 pm »

That depends largely on initiative order, I think. Still, not bad odds... :D

Yes! Technically, the groundskeeper will one shot anyone on team wolverine it hits on the next turn, Barring Zako, but I've a nicer chance of surviving the hit. It will probably die fast though, like you said depending on intiative rolls+how much it takes in fire damage.

Team Nightcrawlers is probably going to go at least two more rounds with there boss. They've got two heavily wounded members who will also likely die in one hit, but the other two are probably safe. But, They've each got ice shield, which vastly improves their chances of surviving.

EDIT: AH AH AH

Just noticed SeriousConcentrate forgot to add my 1d4 priest damage bonus to my holy water throw.

It was the typo that almost cost a life!

DOUBLE EDIT

Edited my turn to go all out!
« Last Edit: April 21, 2011, 07:21:14 pm by Dwarmin »

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: April 21, 2011, 09:14:25 pm »

NO YOU FOOL! Dont use that thing! It will be the end of you! And yeah, marcus better hide for now.

Activate Surgical Precision. Sensing the chance of victory, Daniel rushes the thing, leaps high in the air and brings his knife down on it's neck in a final blow!

Also, do I get a skill up from my epic throw?
« Last Edit: April 21, 2011, 09:17:47 pm by Zako »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #925 on: April 21, 2011, 09:17:34 pm »

Just noticed SeriousConcentrate forgot to add my 1d4 priest damage bonus to my holy water throw.

It was the typo that almost cost a life!

o.O Shite. 2, will subtract 2 from his HP when the next turn runs.

@Zako: *checks notes* I think you'll be getting one soon, and your class evo not TOO long after that... assuming you're not as unlucky as Krath is. It's true Pierre succeeds a lot but the poor guy usually pulls sixes and sevens. >.>
« Last Edit: April 21, 2011, 09:21:34 pm by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: April 21, 2011, 09:30:18 pm »

NO YOU FOOL! Dont use that thing! It will be the end of you!

Hey, if I hit it, it's going to die one hundred percent-even if I roll double one's.

I'd would be unfair to Friar Greenmore, whose ready to sacrifice himself rather see anyone else die on his watch-or for Ironyowl that matter, patiently waiting, for me to play it safe.

I guess I can modify my turn to only spend 8 health now. Whoopdeedoo!

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: April 22, 2011, 02:23:34 am »

Jizzar sounds some kinda celestial object made of jizz~
Like a quasar or something~

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: April 22, 2011, 03:52:26 am »

You can't out-thunder steal Pierre. He's simply the best there is.

Hack at the ground-keeper. Even if he stopped moving. especially if he stopped moving.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: April 22, 2011, 04:38:49 am »

damn...what kind of an daemon are you?
throw/bash the cross at him
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 288