Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 152 153 [154] 155 156 ... 288

Author Topic: CvRTD: End Of The Line  (Read 190098 times)

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
Re: CvRTD: Turn 102 (In which the groups are reunited)
« Reply #2295 on: June 22, 2011, 09:45:52 am »

"i too dont have any coin but i think this is in order" malleus said as he put his sapphire on the altar with his armor
upgrade armor :)
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2296 on: June 22, 2011, 12:52:58 pm »

Hm. Normal armor can have defense or movement bonuses, right?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2297 on: June 22, 2011, 12:56:43 pm »

You mean the standard type? Zako bought normal armor spec'd for defense instead of movement, but yeah, he could've got standard armor that increased movement while doing nothing for defense. Heavy armor will usually have a movement penalty while light/no armor's the opposite. If I misunderstood you, sorry. ^^;
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2298 on: June 22, 2011, 12:59:17 pm »

Alright.

Trade bag of gold, sword, and jacket for fire book, new sword, and some sort of red cloak respectively.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2299 on: June 22, 2011, 01:05:50 pm »

Hm. This leaves an interesting dilemma then. Defense is probably more useful, but for some reason I'm getting the urge to pump my movement way the hell up there. I could be as mobile as Malleus is hard to hit! :D
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2300 on: June 22, 2011, 01:06:59 pm »

I still have my 10 foot pole, so I can beat you anyday in movement :V

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2301 on: June 22, 2011, 01:14:03 pm »

Hm. This leaves an interesting dilemma then. Defense is probably more useful, but for some reason I'm getting the urge to pump my movement way the hell up there. I could be as mobile as Malleus is hard to hit! :D

You know, I'm not sure clear what all movement really does.. I know it's used for moving around the battlefield, like running out of melee, and gets added to your defense if your dodging and not attacking.

I would hope it would allow you to dodge ranged attacks like beams and fireballs, then it would probably be cool to use a level up on.

Edit: I mean combat wise, I know it keeps you from drowning or falling off cliffs
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2302 on: June 22, 2011, 01:25:48 pm »

In an effort to keep it relevant, Mobility is used for defense against things that aren't standard damage. This is special attacks, called shots, disarms, etc. Defense is now strictly for melee and ranged attacks. ^^
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2303 on: June 22, 2011, 01:34:37 pm »

In an effort to keep it relevant, Mobility is used for defense against things that aren't standard damage. This is special attacks, called shots, disarms, etc. Defense is now strictly for melee and ranged attacks. ^^
.... so an 10 cm thick plate of steel dont stop an goddamn icicle?
Quite fucked indeed.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2304 on: June 22, 2011, 02:10:37 pm »

Well, independently of that, I've decided that damage and movement are going to be my things.

Uh... how does this work? Do I spend two bags of gold upgrading my armor, or could I spend one bag of gold getting armor with some special bonus, and then more bags upgrading it, or just three bags of gold for special plus bonus movement, or what?

.... so an 10 cm thick plate of steel dont stop an goddamn icicle?
I think most special attacks are more like ultracold icicles, or swarms of ultracold icicles.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2305 on: June 22, 2011, 05:45:35 pm »

@Ahra: OK, maybe so, but you have to admit it doesn't help you dodge in the slightest. >.>

@Irony: First two options are viable, not quite sure what you mean by the third unless it's spend all of your gold to get better armor than one gold would, which is also fine.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2306 on: June 23, 2011, 12:54:29 am »

Just because it wasn't clear in my original post;

Zathyran trades his knife and his Magic Book: Fire for an upgrade for his Mystic Book: Electricity and his armor (His cloak/robe)

Removing the -1 Penalty to defence from armor would be preferred. (Aka a bonus to defence on his armor with his upgrade. I can do that, right?)
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2307 on: June 23, 2011, 02:01:45 am »

Spend all three gold bags (and current armor) getting armor with some special property, and +2 movement.

EDIT: Unless spending multiple bags could get me a stronger special property/bonus or something. I'm assuming the 2 upgrade limit applies to armor as well?
« Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 07:53:52 pm by IronyOwl »

Grimmjow6th

• Bay Watcher
  • Silently i watch, Eternal guardian of light.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2308 on: June 23, 2011, 07:52:26 pm »

I will do an upgrade i guess.
Places gold on altar and wants to upgrade my whip.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 10:14:03 pm by Grimmjow6th »
I don't care who they are, if they show even a bit of weakness, just kill them all.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2309 on: June 26, 2011, 08:14:42 am »

are we going to sleep in this church or what?
Quite fucked indeed.
Pages: 1 ... 152 153 [154] 155 156 ... 288