Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 203 204 [205] 206 207 ... 288

Author Topic: CvRTD: End Of The Line  (Read 189260 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: CvRTD: Turn 123 (Frozen Gatekeepers, Unassailable Fortune Tellers)
« Reply #3060 on: September 02, 2011, 10:46:27 am »

OK, I made the edit. Everybody's stat sheet should be correct now, but once the mission is over I may take a bit of time out (given my current track record, it's not like you guys would notice, though :P / :-\) and try to standardize the sheets, or at least make them a little cleaner. Any suggestions on that?
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Grimmjow6th

• Bay Watcher
  • Silently i watch, Eternal guardian of light.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3061 on: September 02, 2011, 11:16:48 pm »

look over at wymar. "Ill deal with you later malakai. Spartan kick him away and jump to defend wymar
I don't care who they are, if they show even a bit of weakness, just kill them all.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3062 on: September 03, 2011, 12:42:37 pm »

Bluh, defensive stance.

Also, I still don't know how much damage-absorb would be balanced for a 1-point skill.

Spartan kick him away and jump to defend wymar
OUCH!
« Last Edit: September 03, 2011, 12:44:29 pm by Darvi »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3063 on: September 04, 2011, 07:23:39 am »

Quote from: Malleus Raulat / Ahra: 36 (8)
"i know you can take an beating but what about this?" Malleus said as he swung his waraxe towards the earthens head
Quote from: Wymar Sane / Darvi: 26 (2)
Bluh, defensive stance.
Quote from: Pierre Dé Grasse / Krath: 25 (8)
Pierre turns his attention to the wind Malakai, and aims to impale him directly through the noggin! Earth Malakai has been suitably humiliated for now.
Quote from: Friar Greenmoore / Dwarmin: 44 (2)
Holy Power Heal on Wymar! If he's dead by then, Try to cast fire shields on myself, Pierre-and Zathyran if he has no shield at that time
Quote from: Claire Rosara / Irony Owl: 100 (1)
Slash the most wounded one!
Quote from: Frenz Grende / Grimmjow6th: 30 (1)
Spartan kick him (Lightning) away and jump to defend wymar
Quote from: Zathyran Firsankh / Talarion: 80 (2)
Enchant Blade with Lightning, Slash Wind Malakai.

Quote from: Malakai, Light / SeriousConcentrate: 63
...?
Quote from: Malakai, Lightning / SeriousConcentrate: 63
...?
Quote from: Malakai, Wind / SeriousConcentrate: 63+25
...?
Quote from: Malakai, Earth / SeriousConcentrate: 63-100
...?

Claire spun her cutlass for momentum as she charged the Lightning Gatekeeper! (3 vs 2+1 (7 vs 3+1); 6+3-1 Massive Success, 2d4x2; 12 damage, Claire regens 6) Already injured and beaten down, still held in place by Frenz's whip, he was unable to defend himself and took a powerful slash across the torso, her blade biting deep... but before she could finish the job, the Earth Gatekeeper appeared at her side, a hand on her shoulder. The Light Gatekeeper appeared in a flash between Frenz and the Lightning Gatekeeper. With a flurry of movement, the Lightning Gatekeeper was freed and Frenz and Claire were shoved back.

"You've done well," one of the many purple robed figures at the perimeter of the circle said, walking forward and pushing back its hood. It, too, was Malakai, but without the glowing eyes the other Gatekeepers had possessed. The elementals vanished into spheres of their respective elements and flowed into him. "I'll finish this personally." He raised his left arm, letting Avira perch on it, as his right closed around a staff made of translucent ice, black forms swirling within it. From his shadow rose two demons, one humanoid of ice, the other a giant clawed beast of darkness. All of the purple-robed figures crystallized into an unbreakable wall of ice, smooth and clear as glass but filled with darkness.

"...the lure of the underworld is intoxicating," he said, watching his eagle as she leaped from her perch and flew up to circle the battlefield before the gates. "All of this knowledge, all of this power... and all I had to trade was my soul." He smiled to himself; not the wide grin of a lunatic or a bloodthirsty psychopath, merely the quiet smirk of a man extremely pleased with himself. "Shall we?" he asked. Avira, responding to his command, dived at (7) Frenz! (7+3-1 vs 1+4; 6+1 Major Success, 2d4; 8-2=6/2=3 damage. 4, inflicts an element: Light, Frenz is blinded for two turns!) Avira descended upon the nobleman, scratching and pecking at his eyes! He was able to defend himself from taking any lasting damage, but just before Avira leaped away she released a flash of light that blinded him!

Zathyran raised Marcus's sword and spoke a few arcane words. (-2 MP; 7. Sword is enchanted with Lightning for 1d4 (3) turns, adds +1 to damage roll. -1 HP) As he ran a hand down the flat of the blade, electricity arced from his fingers to the steel and sparked along it. Taking the sword up in both hands, he rushed Malakai! (4, Avira interferes. 6 vs 1+3; 6+1 Major Success, 2d4; 6 damage) But the eagle flew down in his path. Undaunted, he attacked it instead and opened up a light wound along her body. The Gatekeeper didn't seem to care one way or the other about his pet taking a hit for him. Instead, he pointed at (3) Pierre. "Deal with him," he commanded the Shadow Demon. It growled and obliged, rushing the Frenchman! (5+1 vs 1+4; 6+2 Massive Success, 2d4x2; 10 damage. 3, no elemental infliction) Its gigantic hand smashed him into the ground, but before it could bite at him, Pierre recovered enough to roll away and get back to his feet.

Malakai himself turned his eyes to (4) Greenmoore. He opened his left hand, revealing darkness, then his right, revealing wind. "Hmph. God. The only God here is the lord of the castle. And He has given me so much power...!" (7+2 vs 7; 5+2 Major Success, 2d4; 7-2=5 damage. 1, no elemental infliction. 4+2 vs 6 (3+2 vs 7).) The spears of shadow pierced the friar's defense, impaling him multiple times, but he was able to block the follow-up wind attack with a hastily-cast fire wall. Even though he was in pain, Greenmoore's thoughts still ran towards helping his allies, and he moved to Wymar's side to speak the holy words that only the most devout of priests were able to say. (6, 6 HP restored) With the power of the priest's faith, Wymar's wounds began to heal at an accelerated pace, and he was back in the fight!

Malleus was not intimidated by the new form of Malakai. In fact, he relished the challenge! Raising his war axe, he charged the demonic magician. (1, no interference. 4+2 vs 4+2 (4+2 vs 2+2); 6+2 Massive Success, 2d4x2; 12 damage) He hit the Gatekeeper solidly in the shoulder, forcing him back... but before he could follow up, the Ice demon interjected itself between them! (7+3 vs 5-2) It grabbed his waist and restrained him, pulling him away from Malakai and holding him in place for follow-up attacks. (Malleus is Restrained! Loses defense bonuses until he breaks free, but can still attack normally.) Blinded, Frenz lashed out with his whip. (1, attacks Malakai. 1, no interference. 3 vs 8+2) The Gatekeeper easily ducked Frenz's blind attack as the noble stumbled over to where he thought Wymar was, trying to shield him with his body. For that matter, Wymar himself was also in a defensive stance, readying his sword to parry attacks. (4, no change to defense)

Pierre was finally fully recovered from the previous blow and readied his rapier. (1, no interference. 5+2 vs 2+2; 5+2 Major Success, 2d4; 8 damage. 1, no extra attack) He stabbed Malakai in the stomach and leaped away to make sure he wouldn't get hit by the Shadow demon a second time.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Everybody's stat sheet should be correct now, but once the mission is over I may take a bit of time out and try to standardize the sheets, or at least make them a little cleaner. Any suggestions on that?
Basically just quoting to see if anybody has any ideas, or if they want me to try doing the stat sheets a certain way, etc.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
Re: CvRTD: Turn 124 (The Real Gatekeeper; Status Effects)
« Reply #3064 on: September 04, 2011, 07:26:21 am »

lets see if you feel pain cold ***** stab with cross in the... nether regions.
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3065 on: September 04, 2011, 07:36:45 am »

Again slash the Gatekeeper. With my mana nearly gone, the sword is all I have left.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3066 on: September 04, 2011, 07:36:55 am »

?! ...What did Porky Malakai do?

Also, dualcast on the daemons.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2011, 07:38:43 am by Darvi »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3067 on: September 04, 2011, 07:53:01 am »

Used his secret ability, reforming into the true Malakai Ritt. :3 Luckily you guys killed off most of his elementals before that or he would have had twice as much Max HP and wouldn't be nearly so weakened. He's still a tough contender considering you only have a 1 in 4 chance of actually hitting him when you target him...

Also, for anyone following the Draw Your Adventures thread in Adventure Mode, anyone think it would be a good idea to have one of Malleus's evos be Boss Knight? :3

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3069 on: September 04, 2011, 08:14:29 am »

Nah, I did, but I'm a pedantic spoilsport who compulsively points out the obvious. Like just now. :3

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3070 on: September 04, 2011, 08:25:37 am »

I have a suggestion for the next boss, btw.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3071 on: September 04, 2011, 08:30:34 am »

...Is it Giygus or however you spell that?

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3072 on: September 04, 2011, 08:32:32 am »

...nope?

I was thinking of an animated gazebo.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3073 on: September 04, 2011, 08:39:04 am »

"What horror...how many facets did this man have?" Greenmoore thought...he knew Malakai would keep concentrating on him and weaker members of the party, so he would keep up his defenses! The others must come through!

Multiple Fire shields on myself!
Use mana heart on Zathyran
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3074 on: September 04, 2011, 08:50:51 am »

Really, Darvi? You remember what happened the last time somebody attacked a gazebo? :P
Pages: 1 ... 203 204 [205] 206 207 ... 288