Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 214 215 [216] 217 218 ... 288

Author Topic: CvRTD: End Of The Line  (Read 190136 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: CvRTD: Turn 128 (The Gatekeeper falls)
« Reply #3225 on: September 22, 2011, 10:08:31 pm »

Zathyran, Wymar, Greenmoore, and Malleus can use the contracts.

Nope. :O
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3226 on: September 23, 2011, 05:17:52 am »

@Darvi: Now you're just being glib. :P
Am I? Am I? Or maybe I am just having no clue as to what's going on.

Actually if I'd want to play mindgames I'd want to insinuate the opposite :/

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3227 on: September 25, 2011, 03:57:42 am »

Dammit! Earth was taken. *sulks in corner*

I'm not sure what else I want... Since Darvi took the Wind Book did he not? And I don't want any of the contracts :I

I'm back, by the way.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3228 on: September 25, 2011, 05:03:38 am »

Just grab anything and then sell/trade it in the first chance you get give it to a deserving pirate lass.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3229 on: September 25, 2011, 05:09:49 am »

My suggestion to Tal:

1. Take a contract, doesn't matter which.

2. Study it.

3. Replicate it.

4. Summon Lightning Demons.

5. ????

6. Profit!
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3230 on: September 25, 2011, 05:39:15 am »

I guess I'll let the dual-element thing go to Darvi *grumble grumble*

Zathyran fell to the ground from exhaustion, before hauling himself up on buckling knees. He stumbled over, pausing to rest above where the Gatekeeper once stood. He reached down and took a scroll, and opened it... It was a contract, to summon the Ice Demon. "Demonic Sword... Demonic Pet... Why the hell not. One must employ any and all means to defeat the darkness, or it will win... always." He quoted a phrase he heard his mentor say many times, taking the time to study the scroll, with intent to memorise and/or divine the machinations of. Maybe he could replicate it, with time?

Take Ice Summoning Contract.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3231 on: September 25, 2011, 09:12:54 pm »

Name: Alexander Sylias
Appearance: 5 Ft., 100 Lbs, Golden Hair, & Eyes, Wears a Long Black Cloak that covers most of his body
Background: Alexander doesn't like to talk about his past all he tells others is that he grew up in a small village of magician's with his grandfather who taught him from a young age in the magical arts. After six years of training the village was attacked by a group of werewolves who happened to stumble upon the village, and everyone inside was slain, but hi, yet he has no anger for those events, and he tells no one his reason for that.
Weapon: Bastard Sword
Armor: Unarmored
Sub-Weapon: Magic Book, Darkness
Profession: Lycanthrope (Can shift to Werewolf form; while in Werewolf form, Alexander expends MP to attack. At this base level, he can spend up to 3 MP per attack, and each MP spent increase his Damage roll by 1; Balanced HP/MP)
Skills: Brute Force (+2 to Physical Damage Dealt; +1 to Damage Taken)

(Is this good?)
« Last Edit: September 25, 2011, 09:31:55 pm by adwarf »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3232 on: September 25, 2011, 09:32:09 pm »

Dammit! Earth was taken. *sulks in corner*

I'm not sure what else I want... Since Darvi took the Wind Book did he not? And I don't want any of the contracts :I

If anyone wants to take the contracts and give them to me, I'll trade my pearl ring to you if my above plan works. Just saying!

Pearl Ring: A ring made from one large pearl, hollowed out and whittled down into a circle. (Increases all Damage rolls by +1)

Just saying, I'm still offering that. :P
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Friar Greenmore closed the Earth book with a mighty clap-the ground tremored slightly, as if pleased to have a new home for its hardwon knowledge...

He walked over to Zathyran, who seemed to be pouring over one of the scrolls...a summoning scroll. Little help had those dark powers given to Malakai in his hour of need, and even now 'they' may be collecting their debt from him. He could not help but shudder at the thought.

The Friar knew that-mechanically-summoning contracts were often the same, no matter what sort of being you wished to conjure-with a little work, perhaps even the forces of good could be brought to the battlefield...and Friar Greenmore did have a fear that Zathyran may fall into the same trap his mentor did. Maybe a deal could be struck that would suit them both.

"Ho, Zathyran! A hard battle-but the rewards are not meager...I see you have a contract there. Dark Knowledge. I would not pass judgement on how one chooses to battle this evil...but can offer you a trade you may find suitable, if you are not keen to follow your mentor too closely..."

The Friar rubbed his whiskered chin and removed the pearl ring from his left hand-feeling it's empowering Holy energy leave his soul with a feeling of almost palpable regret.

"This pearl ring can empower your blows-be ye not entirely faithless-I would trade it for the contract, so that I may divine it's purpose for my own use-perhaps a far greater use, and for less price than my soul I would hope. The decision is yours, friend."

With that, he went to speak to the others in turn, raising their spirits as best an old Priest like him could-soothing, encouraging , emboldening.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3233 on: September 25, 2011, 09:49:39 pm »

All right, adwarf and I have been talking through PMs, and his character is accepted with only a minor revision. :3 Now we just need Ahra.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3234 on: September 25, 2011, 09:50:46 pm »

As the Friar walked away after giving his offer, Zathyran pondered over it. As the Friar finished talking with the others, Zathyran rolled up the scroll and held it out. "I accept your offer, Friar. I have no will to deal with demons... So, may you not fall to the evil within this scroll."

Trade Ice Summoning Contract for the Pearl Ring.

What more do you need?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3235 on: September 25, 2011, 11:10:56 pm »

Friar Greenmoore accepted the scroll and handed Zathyran the ring with a wry grin. He always did have a tradesmans tounge. He may save the poor mans soul yet.

He responded with a nod to Zathyrans concerns.

"I have done many unsavory things in my profession-but I have never fallen. Once I divine the nature of the summoning ritual, I will cleanse the Demons Seals for something more wholesome...Good has it's own price, of course-but it not so bitter a thing to pay, you might find.

Keep your hope alive Zathyran. You have chosen the hard path-and it has chosen you. Do not stumble, and the shining path may yet be writ in your future."

The Friar took the scroll and gingerly stored in his pack, it in his runed scrollcase, alongside a few other things-a map of the area (fairly useless, that had turned out to be), a last ditch correspondance to his daughter (enchanted to find her by Dove if he should fall, and Oh God, how he missed her so...), and a small sheet depicting the moon, Earth and stars-in rough alignment-it was a calendar, and it predicted the full moon coming. Very soon, in fact.

Trade Pearl Ring for Ice Summoning Contract
« Last Edit: September 25, 2011, 11:15:19 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #3236 on: September 26, 2011, 01:03:56 am »

Friar Greenmoore took a step back. They had won...but it was no victory to celebrate. They had lost a friend...to destroy another friend. No doubt to the Counts infernal joy...the others had begun to sift throught the remains...what remained, anyway. They could use. Hopefully...

There was the book the one in green had been using. Earth Magic...he picked it up.

It was written in Thari, the language of the ancient Druids...The Friar was used to some pagan language in his travels. "Chofleidir Briddo"-The Earths Embrace. How had the Count obtained this, he couldn't guess.

It detailed how, by certain means, one could call upon the living Earth itself to smite your enemies...Greenmoore sat down and began to read with interest.

Action: Friar Greenmoore claims the Earth book!

OOC: Fighters can sell the books we don't claim to the next merchant we meet, right?

Also, Darvi's avatar changed again, I tell you! Look at it! LOOK AT IT! THE EYES!

AAAARRRGGGHHHH I DIBBED THAT IN THE START OF THE FIGHT!!!! WHHHHHYYY???
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3237 on: September 26, 2011, 01:38:10 am »

Early bird gets the worm. :P
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3238 on: September 26, 2011, 03:27:39 am »

Take the Ice Book. Would fit with your freezing warhammer of doom? :P

What more do you need?

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #3239 on: September 26, 2011, 04:46:22 am »

sniff, i guess it would take ice book
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.
Pages: 1 ... 214 215 [216] 217 218 ... 288