Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 221 222 [223] 224 225 ... 288

Author Topic: CvRTD: End Of The Line  (Read 189266 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: CvRTD: Turn 132 (Entering the Towers)
« Reply #3330 on: October 21, 2011, 05:44:22 pm »

Friar Greenmoore gathered all the piece of the strange firearm and stowed them away, commenting...

"I think I'll take these.

You know, my daughter would have been able to fix this, if she had been here. She always loved these sorts of things..."

He trailed off, lost in thought. Then he looked back to the party.

"I think-bear with me-we should head down stairs before we head up. There may be foes waiting to come behind us while we ascend."

Actions: Gather the pieces of the gun

Feel and listen to the pipe-is it hot or cold? Whats flowing through-air, water, oil etc that I can hear?

As for direction, I vote for the Down Staircase.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3331 on: October 21, 2011, 06:19:35 pm »

I knew someone would grab that. :P
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #3332 on: October 21, 2011, 06:20:38 pm »

I think Malleus's defense is comparable to an actual tank at this point. >.>
wait for the ice armor :3 also

skill up eh? what about an broken damage reduction of 25% on an roll of 6? called Bulwark of faith?
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3333 on: October 21, 2011, 06:25:41 pm »

I knew someone would grab that. :P

Well, it had better be some sort of trap then, or I will lose my respect for you. :I
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3334 on: October 21, 2011, 06:28:46 pm »

It ain't, but it's about as useless as the d-pad on a 360 controller. :-[ There's only three (maybe four) people who can do anything with it, and Jonas isn't in the castle, Berkeley and his partner are villains, and Tala technically doesn't exist until Desmond is killed off. :3

@Ahra: How so? D'you mean I roll a d6 when you take damage and if it comes up 6 you take 25% less damage?
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #3335 on: October 21, 2011, 07:15:10 pm »

yup.
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3336 on: October 21, 2011, 11:10:17 pm »

Claire grabbed a broom from the closet, inspecting it. Hopefully it was a witch's broom, what with them being in the tower of magic and all, but if not maybe she could still beat a witch to death with it.

Grab broom, follow others.

Also, I'm sure you'll do fine at the public speaking thing. Everyone always assumes that'll be a lot worse than it is, and that they'll do a lot worse than they really do.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3337 on: October 21, 2011, 11:57:03 pm »

It's not the actual going up in front of the class that's going to be the problem, I think. I can probably handle that. It's the writing a ten minute speech and formatting the paper correctly that's going to kill me. >.>

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3338 on: October 22, 2011, 12:01:30 am »

A good bit of advice if you are in a que for public speaking, don't go first, but don't go last. If you can, go third or fourth, that way the audience is warmed up for you and isn't as mean.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3339 on: October 22, 2011, 12:06:40 am »

Eugh. At ten minutes a person, how much of that class is going to be sitting there listening to peoples' speeches...?

As for the length of your own speech, depends on what you have to talk about. It's really, really easy to talk for ten minutes about something if you actually want to talk about it and there's actually things to talk about. For assigned topics you'd never pick on your own... good luck.

I've got nothing good to say about proper formatting, though. If you can give the speech, the format works. :I
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3340 on: October 22, 2011, 12:43:11 am »

Yeah, I know. @_@ According to my brother they dedicate the whole class to it, for two weeks. (Night school on Wednesdays, 6:00 to 8:45.) What's worse is there's THREE of them. An Informative speech which is where I guess you just tell people about something (I'm an expert on nothing, so I'm hosed there), A Persuasive speech (where you gotta get people to agree with whatever your side of the argument is, and which I'm particularly not looking forward to since pretty much anything you want to take a stand on is going to be divisive and I'm not into the whole conflict thing. Additionally, see my note for Informative speech) and I don't even know what the third kind is. I mean, we do get to pick our topics from what I hear for the big speeches (sometimes during class, you apparently have to do Impromptu speeches about whatever subject you get handed for two minutes).

Part of my problem is that I'm pretty laidback and other than the few franchises I've attached myself to (Resident Evil, Castlevania, Discworld, Agatha Christie, etc.) I really don't give a crap about much of anything, and certainly nothing that's popular in these rural parts. >.> (I don't farm, I don't drink... much, I don't go to church, I don't watch TV or 'good' movies, excluding wrestling I find sports boring - especially Nascar >.> - and I haven't chased tail since high school when I realized it would kind of be a bad idea to knock a girl up before I have a good income and found a woman I'd like to hang around with for more reasons than that. I'm not ready to settle down yet anyway. :P) I dunno. Maybe I could talk about cats, Lord knows there's enough of them running about the place. I might could work with assigned topics because then I would at least have a topic. :3

Frankly I don't really see the use of this class, for me personally anyway. I can't think of a situation other than my retirement - assuming I've been with whatever place of employment for a long time AND am fairly popular AND people would want me to for whatever reason - that I would need to give one in the careers I'm interested in (librarian's what I really want, but I'll settle for something useful). Whatever, though. It's needed to graduate so I'm going to have to tackle it sooner or later. I just don't want to. :\
« Last Edit: October 22, 2011, 12:45:58 am by SeriousConcentrate »

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3341 on: October 22, 2011, 12:53:45 am »

Oh thank god, I thought I was the only one to realise that hooking up with a girl at such a young age was a bad idea. As for the no conflict thing, just pretend you have an opinion, make passionate claims and later on if anyone asks you about them, discredit yourself entirely.  ;)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3342 on: October 22, 2011, 01:04:41 am »

Oh thank god, I thought I was the only one to realise that hooking up with a girl at such a young age was a bad idea.

I may be a juvenile redneck but I do have some sense. ;D As for the rest, might be an idea...

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3343 on: October 22, 2011, 02:19:47 am »

Waitlist me please
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #3344 on: October 22, 2011, 10:58:06 am »

Look for anything particularly out of the ordinary
Raggle Fraggle
Pages: 1 ... 221 222 [223] 224 225 ... 288