Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 163

Author Topic: Tome 4: Tales of Maj'Eyal  (Read 473160 times)

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tome 4: Tales of Maj'Eyal
« Reply #735 on: December 17, 2012, 06:31:57 am »

Arcane Blade lost the cooldown penalty on flame/lightning/earthen missiles
Arcane Blade now has 2h-crippling, shield-offense and dualwield-offense trees locked at 1.0 mastery
Yay! My favorite class got buffed
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: December 17, 2012, 11:01:48 am »

Nice to see that 1st release candidate for the 1.0 version.
Though i'll certainly spend most of my time playing the Arena gametype as i've got addicted by it :)

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: December 27, 2012, 11:08:51 am »

On the road to the 1.0 , the 3rd release candidate has been released
http://te4.org/blogs/darkgod/2012/12/tome/tales-majeyal-100rc3-aka-game-candidates

Dark Empathy prevents minions from damaging the master
More bugfixes and tweakings are always a very good thing
A very very good thing
Really very very good.
:D

Graven

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't we all just love contact juggling?
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: December 27, 2012, 11:30:28 am »

Yeah Tome4 development seems to be going well recently, which is nice to hear. I actually like this game, despite my whiny rants from before. What's worse, I won a 15-runer in Crawl and I need another roguelike to prevent me from acing all my exams, which leaves Tome4. Hopefully they unbuggered Paradox Mages.

In unrelated news :

Hey DarrenGrey, if you're still reading this thread, you said you were the main lore guy, right?

Why the hell is everything so depressing in the main module :( I love the gameplay, but every bit of lore, especially later on, depresses the hell out of me. Like, I don't want to
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
, but I also don't want to waste two hours to patrols, why can't there be a "I'm a big babby pls" solution?

Also I just remembered : Can I become Antimagic and just kill the stupid zigguranth so they, too, stop depressing me?
What a strange and beautiful world I beheld, but dangerous too, I was certain. And I was friendless and homeless. And so I prayed.
"Hear me, exalted spirits. Hear me be you gods or devils, ye who hold dominion here. I am a wizard without a home. I am a wanderer seeking refuge."

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: December 27, 2012, 05:57:34 pm »

I noticed RC4 is already available on the download page, though there's no article on the news about it, yet.
http://te4.org/download

edit : article about it for changelog
http://te4.org/blogs/darkgod/2012/12/tome/tales-majeyal-100rc4-aka-end
« Last Edit: December 27, 2012, 08:03:54 pm by Robsoie »

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: December 28, 2012, 02:58:20 pm »

- i get a character running, find good items that allow me to keep that character surviving even in dangerous situations.
- then at some point my character fight an enemy, either boss, unique or group of monsters.
- whatever i do there, whatever tactic or skill is used, nothing seems to work, and the boss, unique , group of monster manage to kill my character (i don't mean those insta-kill crap, but the 99% of the time in which the enemy just freeze the escape/healing/regen abilities by some silly affliction or powers so the character can only die hopelessly)
- frustrated, i then threaten my computer to throw it through the window.
- on the Eidolon plane my character rests for a while and i decide to give a 2nd try at that battle by asking the guy to send me back
- but i know that the boss/unique/group of monster will all be back to full health, and that the battle will then very likely go the same way and will end into me throwing the game directory into the trash bin :D
- and surprisingly the battle is solved in a few turns, with my character annihilating the boss/monster/unique without much problems.
- what the ... ?

In ToME4 , this is happening to every of my characters regularly :D
« Last Edit: December 28, 2012, 03:00:24 pm by Robsoie »

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: December 30, 2012, 08:33:56 pm »

So, uh. V1's out, apparently. Been out of the loop enough to have no idea what, exactly, this entails for T4 other than the content freeze (such as it was) lifting, but it's here anyway. Doesn't seem to be a changelog, but eh.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #742 on: December 30, 2012, 08:42:00 pm »

Wait so this is as far as development is going? No new content from here?

If so, neat, I find a lot of Indie projects like this get caught in an eternal flow of new versions and such and never actually end. :P

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: December 30, 2012, 08:56:02 pm »

Well, like I said, I have no real idea what it hitting V1 exactly entails. I do know DG's stated that he intends to do more campaigns at some point in the future (and his words on the donator-only stone warden class suggests he plans on releasing at least a few more classes), so it's certainly not the end of content development, and there's still plenty of outstanding bugs and suchlike to be fixed so I doubt that's done with yet, so...

... I don't really know what version 1 means, other than some kind of numbering milestone, and presumably the end of the content lock that started a few versions back.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #744 on: December 30, 2012, 08:57:12 pm »

Huh, well new version is great either way.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: December 30, 2012, 09:43:01 pm »

Good to see ToME4 reaching a milestone,  more bugfixes is always good
At least this 1.0 version is fixing the broken Arena gametype from RC4 that was spamming error message each turns.

I played the RC4 adventure gametype lot since a few days (as my beloved Arena was broken :D ), and it reminded how much i like and hate this game in the same time :D

getter77

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: December 31, 2012, 07:59:46 am »

Yeah, plenty more ahead....possibly even more than before depending on how Greenlight goes in part, and v1 did have some assortment of Misc fixes at the least even if no formal log has popped up just yet.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: January 01, 2013, 10:17:28 pm »

I didn't thought it was possible, but my current online dwarf bulwark managed to do it :

And so that lead me into a question as i never expected the story could go that way :

I have been lucky with items with that character, and getting skills that increase his armor and shield protection , he's currently able to stop lots of damage.
His only weakness is that he does not deal that much damage by turn in comparison to past fighters type i played (but thanks for the shield  bashing and to the critical damage chance increased that helps a lot) but it's the first time i have that much protections (usually i am not very lucky in the items i found)

And this time during the Master battle i wasn't waiting very long to teleport away and recover my abilities, that's why i lost so many character since a few versions against him, because staying too long in front of him (and his numerous summons) increase the chance of your skills being blocked, sure way to lead into a yasd.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 10:19:49 pm by Robsoie »

Graven

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't we all just love contact juggling?
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: January 02, 2013, 01:44:55 am »

And so that lead me into a question as i never expected the story could go that way :

...I'm sorry.
What a strange and beautiful world I beheld, but dangerous too, I was certain. And I was friendless and homeless. And so I prayed.
"Hear me, exalted spirits. Hear me be you gods or devils, ye who hold dominion here. I am a wizard without a home. I am a wanderer seeking refuge."

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: January 02, 2013, 09:02:54 am »

I knew i couldn't trust those guys at Last Hope to keep a staff in a safe :D

Thanks for the precision, i'm not sure my character will survive for long enought to learn that, as i have been into a loop of stupid death for stupid reasons in previous characters run (forgetting to check my health and getting killed by a lowly monster, forgetting to escape despite i could easily do it, etc...)

How much i love that game, the gameplay variation between each combo is making replayability amazing, as unlike the majority of roguelikes it's not just a matter of bonusmalus somewhere and you always end in playing the same way.
And i absolutely love how it does away with the silly "hungry every 5 minutes" element in most other roguelike without making it any easier in the same time.

And how much i hate that game when it kills definitively a character i was enjoying playing :D
« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 09:13:22 am by Robsoie »
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 163