Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 163

Author Topic: Tome 4: Tales of Maj'Eyal  (Read 471312 times)

Dr Feelgood

• Bay Watcher
  • The Dwarven Barricade
    • View Profile
Re: Tome 4: Tales of Maj'Eyal
« Reply #765 on: January 15, 2013, 12:54:27 pm »

I haven't played this game in awhile (b40). Any new hard bosses or areas? I heard there was a new class. How do I unlock it?

I hear good things about overkill (especially on a corruptor) and blood vengeance, too. Blood lock's kinda' situational, and even beyond that is kinda' useless when you've got curse of death.

Overkill basically turns all your spells into AoE attacks. It's ridiculous. Blood Vengeance is only useful if you get hit. By the endgame, you can kill everything before they touch you.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: January 15, 2013, 01:12:11 pm »

Spoiler: Re New Class (click to show/hide)

As for new areas... ehn. Nothing major that I can recall, but there's been quite a lot of balance tweaks here and there and a new difficulty added that's in between normal and insane. Amatathon got buffed again, prodigies got distributed around, and there are some new unique enemies, some of which can get pretty nasty, but difficulty in general hasn't shifted too much, I'd say. Except for the LoS thing, which has made things rougher in general on melee dudes.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 01:23:31 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

dei

• Bay Watcher
  • Someone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: January 15, 2013, 04:22:26 pm »

Spoiler: Re New Class (click to show/hide)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: January 15, 2013, 05:00:50 pm »

I found that difficulty is a lot dependant on what combo you use and in which zone you are.

Be warned that Yeek Archimage despite being very powerfull combo is an extremely low health one, meaning that you can be killed extremely easily, and even 1 shot-killed regularly.
So you must invest some point in Constitution to avoid many, many 1 shot-killed situations.

A tactic i have used to unlock Mindslayer with a Yeek Archimage :

Prodigies are awesome (most of them, as some have a questionable usefullness), definitively improved the survivability of my characters late game instead of the festival of frustrating death it was.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 05:04:44 pm by Robsoie »

Un67

• Bay Watcher
  • Zombies good Artificial Intelligence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: January 15, 2013, 05:49:37 pm »

Spoiler: "Unlocking Mindslayer" (click to show/hide)

Zyxl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: January 15, 2013, 05:53:47 pm »

Anyone else find it impossible to get much past lvl3 of the infinite dungeon? Or do my character builds just suck that damned much? I find a rouge with a focus on traps, stealth, and awareness manages to fare the best by being able to spot things first, do damage without actually engaging, and being able to hide or flee at all.

Any tips for infinite dungeon mode?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: January 15, 2013, 06:19:23 pm »

Any tips for infinite dungeon mode?
Don't. Open. The Goddamn. Vaults.

Then you're pretty much peachy until the stair guardians start coming in, at which point it's basically just a really long farportal with sporadic bosses. Really, that's my best advice without knowing more in particular about your builds and/or playstyle. Just. Don't open the vaults. Until you're at least in your, like, twenties or thirties.

Anyone that opens an ID vault before that point is implicitly stating their willingness to reroll their character. Infinite dungeon vaults do not, at all, play fair. They do not have sanity checks on them. They will spawn OoD creatures you cannot escape from. Those creatures will be carrying tier five equipment that they won't drop on death. This will happen on ID (2). You will die. You will die repeatedly. Do not. Open. The vaults.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 06:25:29 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
Ask!

dei

• Bay Watcher
  • Someone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: January 15, 2013, 06:39:24 pm »

I found that difficulty is a lot dependant on what combo you use and in which zone you are.

Be warned that Yeek Archimage despite being very powerfull combo is an extremely low health one, meaning that you can be killed extremely easily, and even 1 shot-killed regularly.
So you must invest some point in Constitution to avoid many, many 1 shot-killed situations.

A tactic i have used to unlock Mindslayer with a Yeek Archimage :
Thank you for the advice, I will have to try that sometime.

Spoiler: "Unlocking Mindslayer" (click to show/hide)

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: January 15, 2013, 06:56:13 pm »

Currently running in Easy mode a Dwarf Bulwark with antimagic path, and thanks to that i have been able to survive a lot of farportal exploration and was able to kill all those near-unkillable boss that have plagued my normal difficulty attempts (easy mode is the only way i managed to get an antimagic guy surviving Dreadfell :D )

But whatever, in my last farportal adventure ... big spoiler happened

First time since i play and explore farportal that i see this and i explored a lot of them with my many characters, so is there more to this ?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: January 15, 2013, 06:59:42 pm »

Near as I can recall, not as of yet.

Also, no, you can't kill the blighter. Invulnerability flagged.
Ask not!
Ask!

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: January 15, 2013, 07:01:47 pm »

Couldn't even try to kill him anyways, as

dei

• Bay Watcher
  • Someone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: January 15, 2013, 07:32:40 pm »

When is someone usually able to go into the farportals in this game? Is there some sort of requirement that has to be met?

Dr Feelgood

• Bay Watcher
  • The Dwarven Barricade
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: January 15, 2013, 07:51:59 pm »

First time since i play and explore farportal that i see this and i explored a lot of them with my many characters, so is there more to this ?

If you encounter him while carrying the staff of absorption he has slightly different dialogue.

When is someone usually able to go into the farportals in this game? Is there some sort of requirement that has to be met?

Your fortress needs a certain amount of energy. And there's a mini boss in the room.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: January 15, 2013, 07:59:32 pm »

Argh, couple of years of playing the game before finally  encountering him , and i was without the staff.
If it take another couple of years before i can meet him again when i have the staff ... :D

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: January 16, 2013, 02:39:55 am »

Decided to play aq character in non standard way. Halfling archmage with self imposed rule to not put a single point in magic attribute... Expected it to be hard...

steamrolled to lvl 21 almost without serious problems... (nearly died to farportal boss with manaclash, but barrier saved my ass)  celestial\light + aegis is a broken combo
And, spellpower? 52. By inventory (and Arcane power, of cause) alone.  Spell crit 22% without halfling racial ability active

Really should stop playing archmages in a - all points in magic and other attributes receive what is left.
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 163