Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 163

Author Topic: Tome 4: Tales of Maj'Eyal  (Read 471319 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tome 4: Tales of Maj'Eyal
« Reply #1140 on: March 22, 2013, 12:10:27 pm »

The only class I can be somewhat foolhearty with is my Summoner. I often got away with doing the dungeons completely out of order (managing to somehow get to the second continent without even beating half the dungeons or any of the secret dungeons)

Yet saying I love the summoner only greets me with "Ohh yeah of course you love the summon you noob! it is the most broken class ever and liking him only proves your inadequacy" so I never feel good about being good with the summoner.

My suggestion for people using the summoner is that some monsters are much better maxed out then spread out. The difference between a 4 and 5 rank Hydra is as big as night and day. So you either go for 1 level or 5 levels with few exceptions and those exceptions are monsters without dirrect battle application (like Slimes and Turtles)
« Last Edit: March 22, 2013, 12:12:29 pm by Neonivek »

Graven

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't we all just love contact juggling?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: March 22, 2013, 12:45:18 pm »

So I'm not going bonkers then. Good to know. Anyone know if that bug's reported and is going to be fixed, or can't be fixed for some reason or something?

Also I gave up and rolled another antimagic class - this time a Thalore Doomed. I really need to win something non-antimagic :|
What a strange and beautiful world I beheld, but dangerous too, I was certain. And I was friendless and homeless. And so I prayed.
"Hear me, exalted spirits. Hear me be you gods or devils, ye who hold dominion here. I am a wizard without a home. I am a wanderer seeking refuge."

Dr Feelgood

• Bay Watcher
  • The Dwarven Barricade
    • View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: March 22, 2013, 12:49:15 pm »

I'm done with boss hunting in the west. The dragonslayer orc was plain brutal. I had to flee several times and he didn't even drop his helmet. :( The highest level boss encountered was snaperoot who was level 85 (35 levels higher than usual).

Geomancers are a lot better than they used to be, but they still have a few issues:

- Shield-wielding enemies can block your damage.
- Very few artifacts. Everyone else gets several themed artifacts.
- Few items give +physical damage.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: March 22, 2013, 12:54:57 pm »

The only class I can be somewhat foolhearty with is my Summoner. I often got away with doing the dungeons completely out of order (managing to somehow get to the second continent without even beating half the dungeons or any of the secret dungeons)

Yet saying I love the summoner only greets me with "Ohh yeah of course you love the summon you noob! it is the most broken class ever and liking him only proves your inadequacy" so I never feel good about being good with the summoner.

My suggestion for people using the summoner is that some monsters are much better maxed out then spread out. The difference between a 4 and 5 rank Hydra is as big as night and day. So you either go for 1 level or 5 levels with few exceptions and those exceptions are monsters without dirrect battle application (like Slimes and Turtles)
Summoners are not the most broken class ever. They, like alchemists and, to a lesser extent, necromancers, are very simple to play. Pour points into 1-2 stats, max out a few key skills, and spam the hell out of it. Even compared to, say, archmages, those three classes just spam the hell out of 2-3 options. In the case of summoners, it's more, but most of those are just meat shields. Hydra, Ritch, Flame Drake, Jelly, Turtle are your workhorses. Everything else, for the most part, is there to suck up hits.

So, no. Don't feel bad about liking summoners. They aren't THAT broken. I mean, Oozemancer's and Solipsists exist still. They are just very easy to play.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Graven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: March 22, 2013, 02:23:31 pm »

Can anyone spoiler me what I need to cheat myself the Oozemancer unlock? I'm getting really frustrated with my various deaths and I need something new :|
What a strange and beautiful world I beheld, but dangerous too, I was certain. And I was friendless and homeless. And so I prayed.
"Hear me, exalted spirits. Hear me be you gods or devils, ye who hold dominion here. I am a wizard without a home. I am a wanderer seeking refuge."

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: March 22, 2013, 02:34:32 pm »

wilder_oozemancer = true

No real need for spoiler, really. It's not exactly an in-game thing.

Also, this has been updated for the latest version.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Graven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: March 22, 2013, 02:50:23 pm »

Oh yeah, forgot about that thing, grabbed the latest version to try it out. I just have horrible nightmares from trying to unlock solipsists back in the past, and this new thing is 10 levels on top of that. I unlocked necromancers, I've proven how hardcore I am  8)

Thanks Frumple!

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: March 22, 2013, 02:55:26 pm »

I miss some of the old races. Then again they weren't really balanced.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: March 23, 2013, 07:17:39 pm »

I think that's the 1st time i saved (though sent half of them to Zigur) all those crazy suicidal guys

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: March 23, 2013, 07:22:49 pm »

And counting on luck in a roguelike, well ... :D
Xom watches over us all... Always.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1150 on: March 23, 2013, 10:37:38 pm »

As i completed again the "Land of Poosh" that appeared while playing online, anyone know what is the story behind this ? it sounds like some kind of inside joke as i have read no lore related to this, but not having followed the ToME serie since the very beginning i don't get it.

What's that Heart of Poosh thing and who's that Kelad "the one that stole Poosh" supposed to be about ?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: March 23, 2013, 11:18:47 pm »

Winnie the poo(s)h, man. All the cats? Tigger.

Insofar as I'm aware, that's the reference. Though I could be wrong, there. Try asking on T4's forums, DG'd probably answer.

Heart of poosh is an activatable artifact. Forget exactly what it does. Something to do with reducing equilibrium? Kelad's just a dude, far as I know.
Ask not!
Ask!

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: March 23, 2013, 11:55:54 pm »

Winnie the poo(s)h, man. All the cats? Tigger.

Insofar as I'm aware, that's the reference. Though I could be wrong, there. Try asking on T4's forums, DG'd probably answer.
Thanks, i was very far from even imagining it could a reference to that.

Meanwhile, my Cornac Oozemancer is doing very well, just came back from the East , time to get the backup guardians for some xp/items and get that west portal online.
Nicely powerfull class.

Though i should have tried a Yeek instead of a Cornac to see if the Oozemancer was powerfull enough to get them out of the island without much trouble
(still hilarious to try to get a Yeek Bulwark surviving the underwater dungeon)
« Last Edit: March 23, 2013, 11:57:31 pm by Robsoie »

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: March 24, 2013, 12:00:19 am »

Yeek oozemancer completely melts the starting island. Slime spit (with a couple points in it... I've been stopping at 4, so far) three-shots the queen (and rolls over the ritch packs beforehand), and after that acid splash just walks the joint. Total non-issue, more or less.
Ask not!
Ask!

Terra_Inc

• Bay Watcher
  • insanity++;
    • View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: March 24, 2013, 11:06:53 am »

As i completed again the "Land of Poosh" that appeared while playing online, anyone know what is the story behind this ? it sounds like some kind of inside joke as i have read no lore related to this, but not having followed the ToME serie since the very beginning i don't get it.

What's that Heart of Poosh thing and who's that Kelad "the one that stole Poosh" supposed to be about ?

It's a DW reference, obviously. The Daleks stole the moon of Poosh.
DarkGod is a SciFi fan, there are tons of references all over the place. I mean, just look at the release names. The Anorithil class is basically a walking Babylon 5 reference. And one of the late-game artifacts, the "Temporal Augmentation Robe - Designed In-Style" literally spells out TAR-DIS.
Men of broader intellect know that there is no sharp distinction betwixt the real and the unreal...

~HPL~
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 163