Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 74

Author Topic: Why Would You Do That?: A Mafia Misadventure: Game Over, nobody wins >:I  (Read 179662 times)

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
Re: Why Would You Do That?: A Mafia Misadventure: Day 1, 15/15
« Reply #240 on: March 09, 2011, 03:40:07 pm »

I meant his defense of Org.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: March 09, 2011, 04:22:47 pm »

Interesting development. Book gets mad, and SirBayer tries to fight then inevitable. This thread is still going nowhere fast.

SirBayer, Why do you insist on defending Org? It isn't benefitting anyone.
Org, how has your herpaderpadoopleing worked out? What do you know about the supposed 'I'm a jester' PM.
Book, would you like another votecount?
Jokerman, why did you decide to jump in to defend Org
Others, what is your opinion of the SirBayer/Org issue?

Would you like to lynch me? I'm alright with that. Waste our time, scumbucket. Go for it.

Perhaps you could provide an argument not to lynch you? Or would you rather just bitch about us not listening. Give a good argument that doesn't revolve around 'I got a PM, and Orgs a jester and blah blah we've heard that one before.'
Really I was just doing it to piss you off, it was pretty funny!
And then I was like, haha I dont want to be lynched because I am town or something and I was like thats  a fake, calling shenanigans.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: March 09, 2011, 04:24:44 pm »

Anyway, it's time to Unvote Irony and Vote Org.  I smell some sort of bizarre scum fake claim ability.  He's scum, and I want to see him hang.  Reasoning here.
Bizarre... scum... fakeclaim ability.  Uhuh.

The kind of fakeclaim ability that acts as a vig magnet or a lynch magnet the next day if there's no town kill?  And which would undermine the integrity of all investigations day one?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: March 09, 2011, 04:46:16 pm »

Damned if I know.  It's awfully unusual, I agree.

Do you have any other theory as to why Bayer might have gotten that message?  Neither he nor Org are claiming it.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: March 09, 2011, 04:58:24 pm »

Damned if I know.  It's awfully unusual, I agree.

Do you have any other theory as to why Bayer might have gotten that message?  Neither he nor Org are claiming it.

So maybe it's passive, and built into Orgs role.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: March 09, 2011, 05:00:09 pm »

Jester is an easy role to win with, and Org fished for it with his submissions.

Pandarsenic decided to give him it but also a handicap to try and make up for it.

What do you think, everyone?

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: March 09, 2011, 05:03:39 pm »

Oh, and face it. This game is called Why Would You Do That?, so it stands to reason that the Mod is up to shenanigans, aren't you, Mr. Mod?

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: March 09, 2011, 05:12:19 pm »

Pandarsenic decided to give him it but also a handicap to try and make up for it.

Actually, my submission was about the twilight zone.

SirBayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Riflepenguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: March 09, 2011, 05:20:18 pm »

Well, I asked for it, so go ahead and defend away!

Your more recent posts sounded more like 'My original reasons were wrong, but he's a jester, so leave him alone.' meaning you were still defending him, but for different reasons, leading to the conclusion that you are a scum changing tactics in his defense, or a townie to stubborn to move on, either of which is bad.

So you're going to lynch me.

Because I'm a bad townie. We already talked about this.

Or because I'm scum, which I can respect. But you don't know?

I'd also like to point out to everyone here that he's doing his darnedest to devalue me. He's reducing me to a defense of Org and a whole lot of stupidity. I said other things. I know some of you saw me say those other things, and I know Zrk saw me say those other things. Either he just doesn't want to believe me or he doesn't want those arguments to be acceptable to the public eye, but he is trying to prevent those arguments from receiving attention or discussion.

Don't let that happen. I may be wrong in every single little detail, but they are there and it's worth at least determining whether or not I'm right.

Leafsnail: That makes sense, and indeed is something I would've expected had I thought anything out at the beginning. If Org is a Jester, he almost won.

Interesting development. Book gets mad, and SirBayer tries to fight then inevitable. This thread is still going nowhere fast.

SirBayer, Why do you insist on defending Org? It isn't benefitting anyone.
Org, how has your herpaderpadoopleing worked out? What do you know about the supposed 'I'm a jester' PM.
Book, would you like another votecount?
Jokerman, why did you decide to jump in to defend Org
Others, what is your opinion of the SirBayer/Org issue?

Would you like to lynch me? I'm alright with that. Waste our time, scumbucket. Go for it.

Perhaps you could provide an argument not to lynch you? Or would you rather just bitch about us not listening. Give a good argument that doesn't revolve around 'I got a PM, and Orgs a jester and blah blah we've heard that one before.'
Really I was just doing it to piss you off, it was pretty funny!
And then I was like, haha I dont want to be lynched because I am town or something and I was like thats  a fake, calling shenanigans.

This is just silly. Do I even have to say anything else?

Oh, and face it. This game is called Why Would You Do That?, so it stands to reason that the Mod is up to shenanigans, aren't you, Mr. Mod?

That's true. Why are we discussing this, again, with like an hour or two to go before the deadline? I don't mind being lynched but I hate the idea that we're wasting the time.
Dude, you don't want to be messing around with imperial assloads.  The conversion rate to horseloads is atrocious.
Rules are for suckers.

SirBayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Riflepenguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: March 09, 2011, 05:21:12 pm »

Is that a claim of some sort?
Dude, you don't want to be messing around with imperial assloads.  The conversion rate to horseloads is atrocious.
Rules are for suckers.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: March 09, 2011, 05:44:16 pm »

Is that a claim of some sort?
Eh.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: March 09, 2011, 05:45:44 pm »

Only now did I manage to get rid of the visitors. Bluh.

Why is Org's playstyle uselessness? Why does he get a free pass on that?

Lordnincompoop: Review what happened in these last few pages. Especially observe Mr. Person, if you will. Do you have anything to say about Org's potential Jesterhood? Do you have anything to say about Mr. Person's hilari-jump? Do you have anybody else to look at?

Org
is a possible Jester, yes. If he wanted to get lynched though, why would he begin to contribute after attention dispersed? It would only lessen his chances of dying. Additionally, why didn't he fight against the Jester title? If he is conclusively identified as a Jester, that is a sure-fire way not to win the game.

I don't think Mr.Person's attack on him is that hilarious. It is reasonable, though it seems rather overly eager.

I don't have many suspicions; it seems I really need to work on reading people. Right now I have SirBayer for fervently defending Org and (implicitly) condoning his uselessness, and Mr.Person for being a tad too enthusiastic.

Nah. It's either going to be you or Org, and we can do that without wasting more time. Oppose Extension.

More time is always beneficial.

Extend.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: March 09, 2011, 05:55:20 pm »

It sounded like a general statement about his role, there was no actual claiming there.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: March 09, 2011, 06:04:39 pm »

With 2 votes for and 1 against, there is no extension. Day is now ending and SirBayer is being lynched.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: March 09, 2011, 06:07:37 pm »

I laughed a little to myself. The fragment SirBayer was representing one of the sillier ideas I'd introduced, Dentures. He was obviously not one of the more malevolent concepts at work. Teeth are very useful things, though. It's a shame the positively-aligned elements had wasted their teeth. Or dentures, as it were.

You are Dentures (town). As you may know, teeth can be used for almost anything. You must help the town with the many and varied uses of TEEEEEETH.

[1shot] Bite: Targeted on any other one player, effect unknown
[1shot] Clench: Targeted on any other one player, effect unknown
[1shot] Gnash: Targeted on any other one player, effect unknown
[1shot] Shine: Targeted on any other one player, effect unknown
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 74